Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 10:17 AM   #1  
Net browser

Wink Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 yr olds #159

Good Morning Everybody
Today is Wednesday, so it's my lunch/shopping day with my friend. I had switched my day to have the grandchildren from last Monday to today after school.....so I have that to look forward to also.

Hi Margot I'm happy you will be posting on a more regular basis with us.......GOOD!!

Talk to you all later.
Old 01-09-2002, 12:05 PM   #2  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: That Jello dessert sounds yummmmmmmm. I still havent tried the other. I love peaches. Will diffenetly make this over the weekend as our treat. Good for you on saving that Maui money!

Glenda: Its in the 50's here to. I think its cold Im such a wimp...

Trudy: Those Ice Sculpturers sound so neat. When I lived in snow, they had an evenet like that every year and it was great to go see all the Ice Sculpturers. Dont know how soem of them were made! They were great!

Cal: I pretend my gray is really blonde to! Til my hairdresser tells me otherwise. She is sooooo rude. Have fun traveling!

Ann: Doesnt sound like Flordia at all! This weather this year is really strange all over.

Maria: When do you leave for the drive back? Is that this weekend? I can image you are going crazy with all the things you have to do when you get back. You arent going to have much time to get it done.

Dont know whats up with me, but Im not sleeping this week. I just want to stay in bed in the morning. Havent done my threadmill 2 times this week. Im bad....but im to tierd to get up. Hope it blows over soon. I feel so much better when I get my threadmill work out in.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-09-2002, 01:59 PM   #3  

I have the best friends!

Slavika made me the jello dessert just like I requested. It was awesome. I liked the way that she changed the recipe.

Trudy and Slavika surprised me yesterday with birthday presents. It felt like christmas. My birthday isn't until the end of the month. Trudy gave me a beautiful delicate square snowy whilte trivit dish with a border of dots and then flowers on the corners. I already used it to serve cookies on last night. I am going to use it to put a nice candle on it too. Slavika gave me a orange,yellow and red stain glass bee candle holder. I don't think I have told her that I love stain glass. My basement is decorated in a tropical theme so this is perfect. I lit it last night for dinner. It came with an intresting candle. It is a taller square candle with orange and silver beads on a wire wrapped around it. I have the bestest friends!

Hope everyone enjoys the day!

Dee
Old 01-09-2002, 02:32 PM   #4  
Ash

Default Hi Ladies,

Well here I am again. Sorry that I haven't been posting for the last couple of days but things have been very busy here and I just haven't had the time to sit down at my computer.

Cal my hair is salt and pepperish and I feel that it takes all the colour out of my face therefore I usually have it streaked then as you say no body can notice the grey. I am going to have it done again as it seems to have gone greyer since I haven't been having it done. I am lucky as my girlfriends daughter is a hairdresser and she does it.

Maria What way are you returning to Adelaide? Will you be going through Ballarat? Have a safe journey, I don't envy you your packing up even although you haven't had time to accumulate much rubbish (ha ha only joking) How are the plans going for your daughters wedding. Give me a bell when you are not busy and before you go.

Maria/Yum. The postman brought me a suprise yesterday and I have spen a while going through it. Many of your fat grams and calories are different to ours but, thank you it is most interesting. I have found the vanilla wafers that you told me to use and will try the pie in the weekend.

Slavika I will also try your Jello dessert that sounds good too.

My DH brought my exercise bike in from the garage yesterday and this will help in my efforts beat Maria/Yum in our weight loss contest. As I can't go walking this is the alternative that I have decided on.

Take care all,

Ash/Jenye

Last edited by Ash; 01-09-2002 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-09-2002, 04:59 PM   #5  
Fun Blonde

Guys, this is January 9th, isn't it? And I do live in Stillwater, Oklahoma, right? And I didn't sleep until April, right? Well, it is 77 degrees outside right now. Just like southern California. Or April. I just love it!

I and my friend are walking around the lake tonight. You know, usually, on January 9th you almost can't do that after work because it is just too cold. Yesterday kids were out skateboarding and riding bikes in t-shirts and shorts.

I cannot wait to try your jello dessert, Slavika. It sounds so good. You know what is bad is that it is 4 in the afternoon and I have had 17 points and can only have 8 more. Do you all have those days where you eat so much and have nothing left for the evening?

Have you all got that little brochure from WW this week? It is so neat. Just full of recipes and ideas.

Just made a reservation for Feb. 2nd for a weekend at a little inn in Guthrie, OK where you have a victorian-decorated room and participate in a murder mystery. Our kids gave us a gift certificate for this for Christmas. You even have to dress in the period of the mystery and you are a character. I hope it is fun--sounds complicated!

Dee - I do believe you have some good friends. Your goodies sound as if they know you pretty well. You are a baby, if I remember right. I won't ask your age (too rude), but I remember you are just a child in arms yourself.

Margot - so happy to hear from you! Your hair sounds so pretty. Maybe you needed to take a little time off to get rested and in gear again to zoom off those pounds!
Glenda
Old 01-09-2002, 06:59 PM   #6  

Glenda we are also having mild weather. It was 44 out yesterday and just a little cooler today. We are usually much colder at this time of year. This is like March weather to us.
Your week end at the inn sounds like fun. You will have to tell us all about it when you get back.
Just for records sake and since I am the baby on this board I will tell you that I will be turning 39 this year. That doesn't mean that I don't have a few grey hairs coming in. lol Yesterday I told Slavika that I was turning 29. Do you think I fooled her?

Lily I hope that you get some rest tonight. A good night sleeps helps revive you and give you more energy to make it through day.

Have a good evening everyone.

DEE
Old 01-09-2002, 07:45 PM   #7  

G'day all,

A very warm day here today as it is supposed to be seeing it is summer.
My schedule for the next few weeks is pretty tight.
I have started packing and throwing out some of the things we have accumulated these past 7 months here in Melbourne.
Our son has send us all our mail from the last 3 1/2 weeks. All our mail was kept at the post office in Adelaide, so that is another major job to sort out
Visitors arriving tomorrow but won't be staying with us and then my niece arrives on Monday with her husband for the Australian Tennis Open. They will be staying with us until we leave very early Wednesday morning the 16th.

Jenye We will be travelling back through Ballarat. We hope to arrive back in Adelaide late in the afternoon. As I am the only one driving, it may take a little longer.
Good for you getting the bike out, that will help to move things
I am glad you are having a go at the recipes, you can then tell me the Australian equivallent to use

Dee Your gifts from Trudy and Slavika sound lovely, have a great birthday when the day does come around.

Glenda I went to a 'murder mystery dinner' similar to the one you spoke of at a friend's place some time ago. We all got dressed in costumes etc and it was really good fun. A word of warning, it doesn't pay to partake in too much of the red (or white) stuff , by the end of the night we were all very fluffy and had no idea who did what, we had a lot laughs though. You'll enjoy it!

Lily There is nothing worse than being unable to sleep . I have been taking some herbal potion (Valerian). I slept quite well last night, don't know if it was the herbs or the fact that I was just very tired.

Have a great day all.
Cheers
Maria
Old 01-09-2002, 08:30 PM   #8  
Super Surfer

Question ..it's raining out..

This is really strange to have rain at this time of the year. The grass is showing, hardly any snow left. This is not our typical winter. On the National News last night they were talking about the weather here in Can, and it is strange right across the country. They are calling this warm weather a "Pinapple Express", apparently it is coming from Hawaii. Slavika it looks like Maui is coming to me since I am not going to it.. ..do you think? Thanks for starting the new thread..you sure get going early in the morning.
Dee.. and just where do you have a grey hair? I will have to check that out..
Glenda. oh, that sounds like a fun weekend you will be having. I have read about them, and would love to participate in one. Where will you be getting your costume? Do they supply them or will you go to a costume rental?
Maria I think we all accumulate "stuff" so easily. Even in 7 months you find things you think you can't live without.
Lily I know what it is like not to sleep. I have had insomnia most of my life and even with prescription meds still can have a night without any sleep. It sucks.
Jenye & Maria Yum Sounds like the 2 of you are having some fun with your weight loss contest. It is good to have a buddy, it can really spur you on. Good luck to both of you, I hope you both win - or should I say lose..

I read in the paper today, that the 15 yr old who crashed the plane was on Accutane for his acne. Apparently it can cause depression.

Well TTFN gals, will check back later to see what is going on..
Old 01-09-2002, 08:52 PM   #9  
Member Florida Chick

Thumbs up Canada Clipper!

Hi all: You gals have the Pineapple express and we are having the Canada Clipper. We had white frost on the lawn this a.m. Our poor little dog went out and help up first one paw and then the other. She is a Florida dog. I think you were all warmer than we have been. Do you think the earth has tilted a bit?

Dee: Happy Early Birthday. Lovely to have such neat friends. and You surely are the 'baby ' of the group and I am the Granny. But that is what makes this group so unique. We all have so much in common, no matter the age.

Margot: Nice hearing from you. Hope your travels are safe and productive. The last time I remember reading one of your posts, you had taken a trip to New Orleans. That was some time ago.

Slavika: Isn't it wonderful what one can do with jello, cool whip and yogurt? Bet you had fun with the grandbabies.

Maria: Not many more days before you travel. Hope you will ba able to post some wedding pictures for us later on.

Lily: I have those sleepless nights now and then. I always lay it to the full moon. Tylenol p.m. helps me.

Hi to everyone. See you tomorrow. Ann
Old 01-11-2002, 11:40 AM   #10  
Life Time 2001

Dee: Happy EARLY Birthday. You got some nice presents! They both sound wonderful!

Jenye: The exercise bike sounds like a good plan. Good luck in the contest you are having!

Glenda: I like the hand out they gave to. It gives me some new ideas for lunches. Im getting bored with what I have been bringing. Your trip with the murder mystery sounds like it will be really fun!

Maria: You sound so busy with all the goings on. Im sure you will get it all done before you have to leave. Hope to see some wedding pictures when you get them!

Trudy: Thats nice that you are getting a little bit of Hawaii your way Cept Im sure its not the same. You should stow away in Slavika's bag, she wont know. I wont tell her a thing

Ann: I finally did get some sleep. I go thru this every now and again. Dont know why. Generally lasts 3 days and then Im so tierd I have to sleep!

Off to work. Have a great day all!
Old 01-11-2002, 05:21 PM   #11  

G'day all,

Good to see the board is up and running again!

After a very hot and windy day yesterday it is lovely and cool today.

I have declared this weekend an 'alcohol' free one. This last week just about every night we have had to go out to dinner and drinks as a farewell to Melbourne.
Tonight friends from Adelaide are arriving and of course we have to have a few drinks to belatedly celebrate Chrismas/New Year and the up coming wedding. I will be celebrating with a glass of water

Gotta run, have a great day all,

Cheers
Maria
Old 01-11-2002, 06:26 PM   #12  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
Lily I would love to take Trudy with me in my bag. The one bag I take probably would hold you and her. Mind you, I couldn't take any clothes, but that's ok, a mumu and swimsuit should do it. I was taking a good hard look at the tops of legs a couple of days ago. When I was younger I considered my legs to be one of my "good" features. Now I am sad to report, they have let me down. They are starting look kind of wrinkly and my knees seem to need a "face lift". Hmmm, maybe those swimsuits the gals wore in the olden days was not such a bad idea. Didn't some of them even wear stockings with the swimsuits. LOL
I spent time with my friend yesterday teaching her a couple of little things about e-mail and the internet. GEEZ, there sure is lot of stuff I don't know.
This afternoon I went to lunch with a young friend of mine. She is around the same age as my DIL. I liked her when she was a child and I like her now as a married adult with two boys. We always did get along and I truly enjoy her company. Isn't friendship a strange thing.
My DH will be home soon which is a good thing because I did not sleep very well last night. I did barricade the door with the
"peanut trap", but still felt uncomfortable. For you gals who may not know what the "peanut trap" is....it's a big plastic container filled with the squirrel's peanuts and bird seed. It would likely NOT stop anybody. Then of course I leave many of the lights in the house on. My DIL says I should just hang a sign outside that says, 'MY DH IS NOT AT HOME" because she is sure that when I do all this, that everybody knows it anyway. Huh, cheeky girl. The other thing is, I tend to eat more in the evening when DH is not at home.
Have a nice evening everybody.
Old 01-11-2002, 08:51 PM   #13  

Hi Everybody,
  • You all sure have been gabby. For some reason this site wouldn't load on my computer earlier. Now it seems to be working fine..
Glenda send some of that wonderful weather this way. Our snow finally melted but now they are saying snow showers over the weekend. I am tired of being cold. Your weekend sounds like fun. We have been thinking of going to one up north when the weather is nicer probably in the spring.Trudy I like that expression the pineapple express. Sounds so tropical. I think Slavika should put you in her bag.Dee it's fun to see you coming here again. YOu really are the baby.Maria I bet you will be happy when you get home. It is amazing at all the stuff you accumulate and think you just have to have. I get rid of things and the next thing you know I am getting more stuff. Have a safe trip.Slavika you have to be getting excited. Your recipe sounds really good with the peaches. I am going to try it this weekend. There are a lot of possibilities. I am still laughing at the peanut trap. I never thought of that one. You might have a new invention.Ann, Maria yum and Jenye hi to all of you. Have a nice weekend.
Old 01-12-2002, 07:30 PM   #14  
Ash

Default Hi folks

Today is Sunday 13th January and the year seems to be flying by already. Before we know it over here the kids will be back at school ans a little peace will reign in our shops. I don't know about you but the parents seem to let their children run riot. Any one guess that I have just had a bad experience

We are going away for a few days as of tomorrow so I will not be posting until I return.

Maria Have a safe trip back to Adelaide and as you drive through Ballarat say Hi Gareth Bye Gareth for me. (just joking) any way drive carefully.

The exercise bike is going well but my feet keep falling off the pedals, any suggestions?

I haven't tried the recipes yet, I am still having trouble converting them to "orstralian" as they say. Weight wise I have lost another 2 kgs making 4kgs in all over 2 weeks, Being away will tell, but I am taking my trusty fat and calorie counter and my journal with me.

Well folks had better be off as the packing awaits me.

Love to all

Jenye.
Old 01-12-2002, 08:50 PM   #15  
Member Florida Chick

Talking Vacation!!!

Jenye: Have a great time. I guess kids are the same the world over. They are born selfish and without good training, they stay that way forever.

Maria; Drive safely and have a wonderful wedding.

Yesterday we went to a concert to hear a tribute to Frank Sinatra. All the songs sung by Harry Connick Sr. He sings very well. His son has more personality tho. And the 14 piece band that was with him were wonderful. It was a very pleasant evening, and nice to hear all the old songs that Sinatra made popular.

Today a whole group of us went to a theme park here called the Holy Land Experience. It is really wonderful. A replica of the old Jerusalem around 70 A.D. Most interesting, and with many good shows and great music, and teaching too. There were about 45 of us that went and a good time was had by all.

I haven't been able to go to WW for three weeks. Now I'll be scared to go next Sat. I have really got to get serious. Having a dh who has his own candy cupboard is sometimes not helpful, unless he buys the kind of candy that I don't like.

Hope you have all had a lovely weekend- so far. 'See you tomorrow.' Ann
Closed Thread