Old 09-22-2007, 02:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/155/120

Height: 4'11"

Default New girl from Michigan saying "hello"

Hi Everyone!

My name's Jenny. I'm 24 and joined WW in March. I lost 18 pounds originally but then stopped going to meetings over the summer due to a hectic work schedule. Gained some of the weight back and rejoined a meeting last week. First weigh in Tuesday! Eek!
I am single and live by myself, which tends to bring on a lot of bored munching late at night. I'm a fashion major at school which always makes me the chubby girl in all my classes. (The second chubbiest girl probably wears a size 4.) Oh well, by next semester hopefully I'll be leaner and more confident. This is the first forum I"ve ever joined. I have no idea how i got to be 170 pounds. At 4'11 that's def not a healthy weight. Can't weight to get my figure back and climb stairs without huffing and puffing all the way!
JC83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/196/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the thread! I'm a bit of a newbie myself but it's a good place to be.
HazeyMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:08 AM   #3  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

You have come to a great place. All of us here understand the journey you are taking to lose weight and make yourself a more healthy person.

Check out the posts people have made. Lots of good advice and everyone is always happy to give encouragement.

Myself, I am learning portion sizes. I eat using a lunch plate instead of a dinner place when the family is having my favorites for dinner and lunch. Other than that still using lean cuisines and lean pockets. Works for me. Paying attention to fat count on packages is helping too. I feel so much better since I have taken a lot of the fat out of my diet.

No matter how you feel you will find someone here to help you along your way with advice or just give you a smile and a word of encouragement.

Don't forget to post. We are all very interested in how you day is going and how things are working for you on this journey you have decided to take.

Diets don't work, we don't diet here. We are changing how we look at, think about, and eat food. This is a life style change, a change for the better and that will last a life time.

The weight watcher snacks are great. Low in fat and a nice treat to get rid of the sweet monkey when it gets on my back. Yummm those fudge bars are just the best.

Remember, when you think you are all alone. When there isn't a person in sight to give you encouragement. God is right there beside you. Usually yelling, put down that candy bar.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote