3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Week of 9/3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/122026-week-9-3-a.html)

modkittn 09-04-2007 08:23 AM

Week of 9/3

Ok I'm a little late, but I bet none of you were logged on yesterday. Even though I was... and I didn't start a thread! I did tons this weekend. Shopped for clothes, bought new curtains, made 3 recipes (2 WW, 1 bread), put a cabinet and over-the-stove microwave above the stove, and pained the master bedroom. Of course, DH helped with most of the house stuff. Oh and I went to WW and reached my lifetime goal! I still have a bit to go for my personal goal, but I was psyched to have reached that lifetime goal. More motivation to keep going! :celebrate:

KO 09-04-2007 09:28 AM

OMG!!! CONGratulations!! :BRAVO:
I'mm so proud of you you have worked so hard!
Sounds like you definitely had a busy weeknd!
Friday I went out with my gf diner barnes and noble and coffee
Saturday DH and I Steamed the carpets and went to dinner at his parents
Sunday we went up to see mine and spent the night soo rejuvenating! and yesterday we hung out with my sis and her bf on the way home
at a mall that didn't make me want to hurl!
Eating has been ok not great today I'm back super clean and ready to take on the new week!
According to my MOm's scale I'm 135 but its not official.

modkittn 09-04-2007 10:10 AM

Hey Kier, got a ? for you. Do you get the WW magazine? There was a vegetable lasagna recipe in the latest issue. I cut it out and LOST it on my way to the grocery store. If you have it, can you post it please?! :)

KO 09-04-2007 12:52 PM

I do't get it but I'll pick it up at my meeting next week and hook you up!
I'm trying to stay AWAY from the Vending machine I'm wiped out and it's calling my name
Luckily When I did venture to it this REALLy gross guy (he's heavy but its him not his size that makes him gross) WAs getting PEanut M&M's which I was about to endulge in
So thankfully i didn't join in the crapfest!

LondonJulz 09-04-2007 01:59 PM

Hope you don't mind me butting in - but I have that recipe for the Lasagna from the past issue of WW magazine- it's sounded DELICIOUS!! :hun:

Spinach Lasagna

1 piece (cut 12 pieces total) = 6 points

9 Lasagna Noodles (cooked as package directs)
2 Meduim Yellow Squash (cut lengthwise into 1/4" slices)
1 (16 oz.) container of FF Cottage Cheese
1 (10 oz.) Package of Frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
3 cups Shredded Part Skim Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan
2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
1/4 cup chopped basil
1 garlic clove, crushed thru a press
1/2 tsp. salt
1 (24 oz.) jar of marinara sauce

1. Cook noodles according to package directions, drain, rinse, set aside
2. Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add squash and cook until golden, set aside.
3. Combine cottage cheese, spinach, 2 cups mozzarella, 1/4 cup parmesan, eggs, basil, garlic and salt.
4. preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread 1 cup sauce in 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with 3 noodles, 2 cups filling and squash. Top that with 3 noodles 1 cup sauce and remaining filling. Top that with remaining noodles, sauce and cheeses. Cover & bake 30 minutes. Uncover. Bake 20 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve.

KO 09-04-2007 02:24 PM

that sounds really good!!! Normally i don't cook the noodles and put em in dry

modkittn 09-04-2007 02:33 PM

That's not butting in at all. Thanks Julz! I can't wait to make it this weekend :)

IrishRover 09-05-2007 06:50 AM

Hello... I hope nobody minds me posting, I'm brand new and just restarted WW 2 days ago and would love to join the weekly threads for updates and tips and to see how everyone is getting on! That veggie lasagne recipe looks brilliant, im vegetarian and always looking for new and non-boring foods so i'll definitely try that! And I just wanted to say congrats to modkittn for reaching her lifetime goal, thats so amazing, well done! The best thing about this site is all the inspiration that the members give and thats definitely inspirational! sorry, im gushing...:o

modkittn 09-05-2007 08:16 AM

Welcome Rover! :welcome2: The support on this site is GREAT! Please join us on this thread. We would love to have you!

Well last night I went and got my left sleeve finished. My arms are officially all covered in tattoos now :lol: Its a little swollen this morning from having the work done, but I'll make it through. It was all on the inside of the upper arm - the worst place! But I made it through ok. I've become friends with my tattoo artist and I'm sad I won't get to see her very often anymore. But we're planning on getting together for lunch a few times, so hopefully that will work out. Have a great day ladies!

KO 09-05-2007 09:42 AM

Welcome IR!!!!
I used to live in Dublin from 2001-2002 I did study abroad at UCD. I loved it and am bringing my Husband to Ireland in October. . .He's never been.
We'd love to have you on the thread!! sometimes we're super busy others more quiet
Lori: That's great that you and the artist are going to have lunch it's great to make friends that way and keep them
Today my gf and her husband go back to England :( It was great having her back here like no time had passed. . that's the sign of a good friend
gotta run we have a new big boss coming in today! :eek:
Kier

IrishRover 09-06-2007 06:00 AM

Good morning everyone, hope the day is starting out well! but if i have my time differences right its only six am in the states so maybe its too early to tell!
KO, thats so crazy that you studied in UCD! what were you studying? Its a great college but a bit too big for me, I'm in Trinity instead. I don't know if you heard about the age-old rivalry between the two colleges but if you were still going there we'd be enemies! Just one of those traditions!
So when does everyone have their weigh-ins? mine are on mondays at the meeting. my mother tried to join with me last week because she has 7 lbs she wants to lose and they wouldnt let her; they said she's too thin! :mad: its obviously not genetic.

modkittn 09-06-2007 09:49 AM

Updated pics here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show....php?p=1843003

More in a bit!

modkittn 09-06-2007 11:08 AM

Hi everyone!

Rover - I think that WW only lets people join who aren't already at a normal BMI or something like that. Maybe they have cut-off weights for certain heights instead? 7 pounds isn't a lot. Maybe you can work with your mom to figure out what her points target would be and just explain the program to her and give her an extra points slider? Oh and my WI day is Saturday!

The ink came out great! She took pics when she was done and will put together a montage in the next few days. I have one of my other arm, but it is on my home computer and not this one. I'll post it later :)

Sweater Girl 09-07-2007 10:55 AM

I think WW has a policy that you can only join if you're 5lbs above the lowest weight in the weight range...

Something like that anyway.

Hi BTW,

I am doing well, I am back to work next week... I loved mat leave... My weight is okay, I gained a little bit after my grandmother died, but I have lost that now so I will hopefully be under 170 at my next weigh in!

Ali

modkittn 09-07-2007 11:01 AM

Hey Ali! Great to have you back :) Sorry to hear about your grandmother :( Are you back at work full time now?