Week of 8/13

• OK I got my kick in the arse I'm up 2! This plateau is getting BUSTED!!! I'm tired of losing smidgens and having it all shot to **** in 1 week I'm getting serious! weekend away and all This is THE LAST time I'm having a 2 lb gain!
    the interview went ok Doing my thank yous tonight!
    see yall tomorrow
    Kierie
  • I'm up too, Kier. I've been really down the past couple of days, and today is the first time I feel like I have energy. So I'm going to go for a walk today. I know just because I am feeling better that I will eat better.
  • Mind if I pop in? I just rejoined WW on July 30th and I have well over 100 pounds to lose. I also turned 30 this year and I refuse to spend my 30's being morbidly obese like I did with my 20's.

My first week on WW I lost 6 pounds, but last week was up 1 pound. So far this week is going better than last!

I hope you are both doing well this week!
  • Hey rebelridergirl, welcome to the group!

Hey ladies! I had an emotional eating experience last night. Only ate an extra 2 points (mmm chocolate) but this is why:

We have a guy whose mother owns the house next door to us. He rents out the house (his mom is in a nursing home). Well before they rented it, they put up a fence inbetween the properties. First of all, it is BACKWARDS and the metal posts are on our side (he refused to turn it around). Secondly, we told them we DID NOT want a gate on our side (to go from the front yard to the back). So the fence went up when we were on vacation - along with metal posts for a gate. He insisted on finishing the gate even though we told him we didn't want it. So this was LAST SEPTEMBER. Last night was the first time we've seen him since. He brought us a bill for the materials for the gate! I couldn't believe this... DH already hates this guy because he really talks down to him just because he is older. I called him and told him we had no intention of paying for something we told him we didn't want. He told us just to "do what we think is right". I was willing to leave it at that, but my parents think we should take the gate down. A friend suggested sending a letter and saying that we had no intention of paying for the gate because we said we didn't want it, and that if he wanted us to take it down we will. I think something in writing is a good idea. More than likely, the guy won't ever say anything to us about it again, but my mom is afraid the guy has mental issues and might not consider this a "final solution", like he will still think he should get paid since he put it up. I don't know, what do you think? Sorry this is so long!

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I talked to his tenants (who hate him) and found out that the reason he's doing this is because his daughter is getting married and he needs money, because he's trying to get extra money out of them too. WTF?
  • Hey guys,

Sorry about the rant! That guy just annoys me to no end. I have a friend who is a lawyer and is helping me with wording for a letter DH and I are going to send certified mail to him.

Anyway, eating is better. I had gained that weight, ~4 lbs, but I was down this morning to only being up to 169, up by 2 lbs. So I was pretty happy with that! Official weigh in tomorrow morning, we'll see what happens.

rebelridergirl - How's the WW plan working out for you? Still doing well?
  • Hi Lori! I think that it was really smart of you to have a lawyer work up something for you. That guy really sounds off his rocker. What a pain! I know what you mean about eating when you're stressed. I'm glad that it's going better for you. I hope your neighbor just drops the whole issue. Jerk!

How did everyone's weekend go? Mine was alright. Kind of lonely and went fast. My husband was pretty much away all weekend. It worked good for my eating, but I missed him like crazy. I am not ready for it be Monday other than tonight is weigh in. I think that I've lost something. I love my meetings! I better start getting ready for work...ugghh. I wish I worked from home!

Have a great Monday!