No Carbonated Beverage Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Whether you call it pop, or soda, or if it is diet or regular for some of us it doesn't really fit into our healthier lives. So here's a challenge, we'll post our streak of days without the bubbly stuff and see how long we can last.

For me personally I can't drink diet b/c I can't have artificial sweeteners. Mt dew is my afternoon pick me up, but a can has turned into a bottle into two bottles into my secret stash of 24 ounce 6 packs in the veggie crispers in the fridge at work. I order out constantly. I am a gatoraid junkie as well, but I am starting with the Dew. I will still allow myself sweetened, flavored beverages just no pop.

Anyone with me?
  • I never drink soda anymore! Its always water, tea, or coffee for me So this won't be much of a challenge!
  • Hey Misty! count me in! I was just telling my DH that I have to lay off sodas!!! I am a diet pepsi/diet mt. dew freak!!!! I drink way way too much! This last week, I have started to drink a lot of water and the generic version of the crystal lite packets that you add to your water bottle. My fav. is the morning orange breakfast drink from Wal-Mart!
    Anyways.........I'll keep you posted too!

PS - Misty - I hope I didn't offend you on my other post, I really was trying to be helpful!!!! I'm behind you 100% girl!!! Good Luck! And, did you sleep on the job situation over the weekend and make any decisions?
  • Thanx Lori! I'll check out some of those threads! Probably the 40 - 50's! Ahhhhhh! lol, so just kidding!
  • I haven't touched a soda since April 1 I did just buy two though... *blush* They're japanese imported soda, however, so it's not a normal occurence for me - and I'm saving them for a special occasion!
  • YAY! Thanks for joining me Jeanne! You did not offend me in anyway. I just got to thinking that here I am whining about my job when there is so much worse out there. I lived a blessed life. It would take a lot to offend me!

WAY TO GO LORI and NICOLE! You are both an inspiration!

I made it through a day at work. I have a caffeine headache, or maybe it's a trapped in a room with 6 kids that sounded like 50 kids on a hot summer's day headache.
  • Day 1 officially down. Onto day two! I even drank 10 cups of water yesterday!
  • Hi! Day one down for me as well! NO SODA yesterday at all! Woooosh! It was tough - but - that challenge was weighing on me! Yay!
  • Day Two down! The Pepsi in the fridge at work is KILLING me! I'm not typically a Pepsi drinker but all those shiny blue cans all lined up for the taking were so tempting! But I stocked the veggie crisper with water and drank 10 cups yesterday! I did have a sweetened tea, but it's not pop! Besides after seeing the scale today I don't know that I'll buy that any more either!
  • I made it through day two as well with only 1/4 of a diet coke! I really really tried, but I had an upset stomach all day. I don't usually drink coke products - I'm a diet pepsi girl all the way - well anyways, because of the challenge I went into SubWay beside where I work and chose diet coke, because I knew I would only drink a little bit! So....................this is really big for me!
    Misty - I love sweet tea! Have you tried McDonalds Sweet Tea - if you haven't - DON'T! lol! It is really good! Do you like the diet sweet teas? I personally like fresh brewed with lemon and sweetner when it comes to ice tea.
  • Well we had to be at the hosptial at 6:00 a.m. this morning because DH had minor surgery. He is doing well. It was outpatient and we are home! However, I went to the vending machine for a bottle of water and came back with a diet pepsi! And........I drank every last drop! Ahhhhh! I was doing so well, but I was restless!
  • I hope DH is doing ok. Great job at Subway!

I don't like McD's sweet tea. It's too sweet. I can't have anything diet. Splenda, Nutrasweet ect give me migraines. I am trying to adapt myself to plain tea again. I used to drink plain iced tea a lot. I ordered it when we went out to dinner on Wednesday and Today at Lunch.
  • I MADE IT A WHOLE WEEK! Uh-Huh, Uh-Huh, Uh-Huh Insert Dancing Llama here...seriously why don't we have a dancing Llama? Ok I guess a broccoli will have to do or maybe a cow I guess that's closer to a Llama

So yeah anyway I made it a week.
  • Yay Misty!!!!!! And look what I found for you
    http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...lama0wl1rc.gif
    it's suppose to be a dancing lalma
    heehee!

I did extremely well - I didn't make it cold turkey so to speak - but definately drank a lot less soda than usual!
  • JEANNE I LOVE IT!!!!!

Great job to you too. Just cutting back is a big step. I had a rough day yesterday. It was so hot. I was really grumpy, we were short staffed b/c the college kids have left our director had the day off and one of the nursery workers went home with a migraine. But I made it! Monday will be two weeks!