Weekly Thread 7/30 - 8/5

• Hey gals! I'm finally BACK! Finally, after 11 days! It was supposed to be 10, but my flight was canceled Friday night and I had to stay over in Chicago. Crappy But at least my work trip for this week was canceled. I was happy about that because otherwise, I would only have been home for less than a day and a half before I had to leave again. And I REALLY missed DH. I'm so happy to be home now! Oh and BTW, that job in Maryland I had been talking about? Well I'm not taking it because it isn't being offered anymore. They are taking a different approach to filling the position, and hiring someone permanently down there. Anyway, I think it was a blessing in disguise. I missed DH VERY much this past time when I was gone, and I never would have made it a whole year having to travel every week. And besides, now we don't have to put our baby plans on hold!

Oh also I got on the scale this morning and was down 1.2 from before I left! Super psyched about that. I'm going to WW tonight, but I'm not really going to count my WI. I switched to Saturdays a while back. I will go this Saturday as well and count that. I've just missed 2 meetings in a row now, and I really want to go tonight since its been so long. Mondays were previously my WI days and I know people that go to the meeting, so it should be good

Start posting ladies!
  • Hey Lori!
    Welcome "Home" we missed ya! Work Gets in the way of living a lot! It's good about that Maryland Job now you guys can stay on track with your plans!!
    DH is asleep so I think I'm going to sneak up to the treadmill with my IPod then wake him up!
    I made these SF Breakfast cheesecake cupcakes from the South beach board with neufchatel they are 4 pts but I think with FF Cream cheese they'd be 2 I'll repost the recipe
    And I know I still owe you guys the quiche!
    I tried Tofu Shirataki Noodles tonight. . .Not bad kinda like Stretchy spaghetti. . . they're made with tofu and some japanese yam 2 servings has 40 calories for 2 cups total definitely something to check out!
    Gotta SWEAT!

Kier
  • Kier those cupcakes sound yummy! If you post the recipe, I can change it to the fat free cream cheese in etools and let you know the point value.
  • I'mm wrestling with wanting cookies! I'm kinda bereft right now and ARG All I Can think of is cookies GRRRRR
  • I founed a stale balance 100 bar in my desk
    not exactly overcoming emotional eating but it helped!
  • Oh Kier I'm sorry! I should have brought more with me to eat today as well. Well, maybe just things that would have kept me fuller, longer. Tomorrow I'm at home so I won't really have that issue. It is getting harder to plan now that my point target is lower, but I'm working on it
  • That's so true!!! for the 5 min I was at 19 poitns I Went over EVERY DAY! not good 20 is managable usually but lately the 4 oclock munchies have been killing me!
  • Wow that is much lower than my number of points every day - 23 Do you end up eating lots of veggies?
  • I'm trying to bulk everything up with veggies! meatloaf I eat alot of salad but I Also have to get in all my protien
    I'm trying out 2 things today
    1 journalign how I actually feel before I eat (neg emotions = not eating!!) Iand eating every 3 hours something dense with protien fibr or both
    Food takes a lot more thoughtfulness and planning now!
    bbiab
    Kier
  • I eat about every 3 hours. I've been doing that for about 3-4 months and its helped tremendously. You really need to find the "right" things to eat though. For instance, just having an orange between lunch and dinner won't do much to curb your appetite! I try the protein/fiber approach as well which usually works much better
  • Maybe we could a menu thread? Even if it's just the 2 of us? Added accountability and help out other peeps! Ideas always good!
    I need to update the summer wedding thread b/c My friends got moved to august 28th. so more flab melting time!
    I'm going to bust this plateau!!!!
  • Kier - I post daily in the weekly planning thread in the "Support" group. Maybe you can start posting there? Good luck on busting the plateau!!!
  • I'll definiely check it out I Need more sleep I'm so exhausted all I want is sugar! I had 4 munchkins today I Feel like a total slob! not to mention the skinny cow I HAD at 3 am I need better ME maintenance!!!