Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2001, 07:25 PM   #1  

Default Night Owls # 28

Sorry I have been missing in action. Haven't even had time to lurk never mind post. I will try to catch you all up. My new job is going well. It is just soooooooo busy and things are a little weird. Linda is training me, she had the job before me and got a promotion. So she is trying to train me 1/2 day and learn her new job 1/2 and it has gotten to be way too much for her and she is stressing herself out. She told her boss that she is training me this week and that's it. Don't get me wrong she is awesome, just too much on her plate right now. She said if I wasn't so easy to train, she would have broke by now. I am mostly trained allready but there are a few things she hasn't been able to go over with me yet so next week should be interesting. I am a very quick learner and everyone is praising me on my work, so that feels good. Also I am getting used to dressing up, I am wearing suits and skirts most of the time and am feeling more comfortable. Also I have been getting lots of compliments because they are not used to seeing me dressed up. I have lots of notes and I have to go through them tonight and get them a bit more organized before I forget what they mean, LOL!

I want to thank you all because you don't know how nice it was to come here and hearing you all asking about me. It is nice to know that you are missed.

I finally got all the 5#'s or so off that I had regained and am on track pretty good, I hope to get some more off now.

I had my 1 month post op with my surgeon and he took after pictures of me and will send me before and after pics so that should be interesting. He said everything looks very good.

Sorry I can't post individually as usual, please bear with me. I am just right out straight right now.

You guys mean sooooooo much to me.

Bren
Old 12-13-2001, 05:55 PM   #2  

Alleyoop,

I just read your post. I am so incredibly sorry about your father. That is such a hard thing to go through. If I can do anything for you please let me know. Just remember, we are all here for you.

Brenda
Old 12-13-2001, 07:14 PM   #3  
Is is spring yet??

Hey where is everyone? Awfully quiet in the tree today (you know owls live in trees!!)

Brenda - Glad to hear you really like the new position they gave you - and I have to say that was very nice of your boss! I am an administrative assistant too - its quite fun isn't it? When people ask me "what do you do for work" - I say "EVERYTHING!" - its so true!! I love it though - office work is my thing!

PJ - I checked out those christmas lights on your street - very very nice!! I do my house up nice too - I love it!

Well I hope you are all busy busy with christmas stuff. I finished my wrapping today!! I am very excited. And I start my 2 week vacation next Thursday - I am tickled pink!

Have a good nite ladies!

Tara
Old 12-16-2001, 08:52 AM   #4  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Good morning - Well, well, well.......you're all out and about doing you're last minute chores. ME TOO !!!!! LOL.....Seems that no matter how much I do in advance, there is always something else I'll find that has to be done. Hope you're not getting stressed and that you're all ENJOYING this season.

Ally - How is your Father? I hope he is well and recovering nicely. I think of you often.

I have not been OP for a couple of days. Haven't been terrible but I haven't been TRACKING either and that's a big NO-NO for me. Tracking is the secret to my control and without it....I'm a goner. Sooooooo, I started again this morning.....beginning with the sugar and cream in my coffee and the two waffles with 3 TBSP of syrup.

My tree is almost done...should finish it up by the end of the day. I love this time of year and yet I wish we could be like this all the time. Life is so short and this time of year always reminds me of that. My New years resolution will be to be kinder to the people I love, to stop smoking and to reach my goal weight (yeah, that's a real surprise, huh?). Anyway, an entire year should be ample time to get those things done, don't you think?

Enjoy your Sunday........hope you all find some time to pop in and say hello. I miss ya!
~Pamela~
Old 12-16-2001, 07:56 PM   #5  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

WHEW!! Finally... a few minutes to sit and relax ...

I have been doing the Christmas "crash course" and so far so good...I didn't get started good until yesterday but I am almost done!! DH took all three boys plus a friend up to the camper at the lake so I could shop wrap etc in peace and quiet and without "inquiring minds: LOL!! It has worked well.....I headed out yesterday about noon(a little later than I had planned) and got home about 9 pm. Then I wrapped everything I bought. Finished up around 1 am!! Except for the basketball hoop and the HP Pocket PC that is due to arrive tomorrow I am DONE!!! YEAH!!
Well...not quite still have to get DH something...

I have a turkey baking and got quite a bit of cleaning done today as well...now I am ready for my boys to get home...I have REALLY missed them!!

BREN I am glad to hear that your new job is going well and that dressing up isn't too bad...I like to wear the holiday sweaters at this time...We miss you here in the nest so stop by when you can..

lAlleyOoop I am sorry to hear about your Father...Please know that we are here for you and willing to lend listening ears...should you need to talk...

Candice How are things with you?? Keeping busy???

PJ You sound like one busy gal...but ain't it fun?!?!?! How is your horse and did you ever get that new one you were thinking about??
What do the kids want for Christmas??

Tara I wish I was organized like you....I get it done and I know that I do so I don't stress about it...but I wish I were more organized What did you get Nic and Olivia for Christmas? I bet they are excited!!

Michelle Miss ya!!

Well I better check on my turkey and my "other" turkeys should be home soon!!!

Tale care and Happy Holidays to you all!!

emmy

Last edited by emmy; 12-16-2001 at 08:00 PM.
Old 12-16-2001, 08:31 PM   #6  
I'm on my way!

Phew...I just got done baking cookies! I have the last batch in the oven now! So my goal is to get this posted before the buzzer goes off...beat the buzzer! LOL

I need to get laundry done and start packing. We are going to RI on thursday night after work and doing our Christmas with my family this weekend. THen Sunday we come home and both go to work for a half day then head to Atlantic City to do Christmas Eve at John's sister's house. His dad will be there too. We are all spending the night. I still have more cookies to do but I need to get some stuff at the store so I will do that on my way home tomorrow. I am going to make a couple batches of 2 different bar cookies. They are quicker, easier and produce alot at one time! Then hopefully I am done!

I am still not eating like I should. Especially when someone brings stuff into the office at work. And last night we had our Christmas party. It was really nice and I had loads of fun...and I ate and ate and ate! I paid for it today. I had a headache most of the day from the sodium! And I ate jalepeno poppers need I say more?

Well I better go get the cookies...I am sure the buzzer will go off any second now! I will be back tomorrow! So you all better come out and play!

Setina, Brenda, Tara, Emmy, Judy, Jill, PJ, Candice...I know we are all busy at this time with the holidays but don't forget us!! Take a break and come visit!! Uh oh!! There goes the buzzer! Bye for now!

Michelle
Old 12-16-2001, 10:01 PM   #7  
Is is spring yet??

Hello

Gosh it was a busy day today! We went to my sisters to "exchange gifts" - we don't open them - but we drop off and pick up! And we went to visit my nieces grave. We all had something for it (I brought a really nice ornament with a tree and moose - she loved moose!) - it was nice. She has her own tree too!

PJ - I am with you girl! Tracking is KEY! Even if I go over, tracking works. I swear! Tracking and water is it for me. I can have an "ok" week but if I track it all and drink more water - I am fine.

Emmy - Good to see you here!! Sounds like you did well this weekend - hey if that works for you - go for it! I know lots of people that "marathon shop" and it works for them. I couldn't do it - I am just one of those anal people that needs to be early! LOL I got Olivia alot of clothes and a few small toys. And Nic got playdoh and clothes. Oh and books and coloring books. I spoiled them rotten too! But isn't that what aunts are for? Oh and me and Paul are getting Olivia a toybox too - from the both of us (he bought her some Gap clothes separately). We will do that this week.

Michelle - Yum cookies!! I am going to make some tomorrow nite for Paul's work party. I am just so darn nice!! Then the rest of my baking will be done while I am on vacation - right before christmas. Fun fun! Have fun at your parents this weekend and at John's sisters.

Time to go for me - I had such a busy day and now its time to get ready for bed. Work tomorrow! I am working Mon-Wed of this week and then I am off until January 2nd!! I can't wait

Tara
Old 12-17-2001, 09:00 AM   #8  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

Default ~Good Morning~

I love the animations you've all put on here. We've sure got the Crhistmas spirit.
Emmy!!!! - How are ya? Heh-heh.....nice to see you FINALLY...... Your husband does the same thing mine does....takes the kids "out" for the day when I've got alot of things to do around the house except I think they'd like YOUR place to go quite a bit more. What a nice way to "get out of the house".......and I'm impressed! TURKEY dinner already.....and it's not even Christmas day. Heh-heh......you're such a good Mommy.

Tara - I agree, Aunts are for spoiling little girls and boys/nieces and nephews. I like to throw in some McDonals coupons ......it's "kind of" for the Mom's and Dad's too. Might help out on a busy day......Bill and I did our last bit of shopping for our own kids last night. Before leaving the mall....we stopped at Ruby Tuesdays for a beer and some apps......while sitting there....I told him that I know we can't do it now but all I want is a plain wedding band...that's it...nothing will ever replace the originals that were stolen (don't even ask....when I can talk about it without bursting into tears...I'll tell you all what happened to them). Anyway, he said "ok, let's go to Mayors RIGHT NOW and get one". I was flabbergasted.....so we did and before he put it on my finger, we renewed (sp?) our vows right there in the store. The sales woman cleaned both his and mine first, then handed him mine and me his and we then said a quick little something. It was really special. 14 years.....soon to be 15! Wow.....it's really gone fast and I still love him so much. I'm very lucky but then I have to take SOME of the credit for picking the right guy, don't I? Anyway Tara, I'm sure you'll enjoy that nice break from work. Use your time wisely and HAVE ALOT OF FUN!

Michelle - You've got ALOT of running around to do! Wow.....hang in there. We left for Pa. the day/morning after Christmas 2 yrs. ago at 4:30am and came back Jan. 2nd. It was the first time Li'l Billy saw snow and the first time in quite a few years that Bill, Jackie and I had seen it. It was really nice for Christmas to throw some snow balls and smoosh Bill in the snow. Heh-heh. Our neighbors just asked us if Jackie (now 13) could go with them to Disney the day after Christmas until Jan. 2nd to help with their 2 year old daughter. Melissa (Mommy) is pregnant with her second and this will enable them to out to dinner at night or whatever. I think it will be great fun for Jackie and they're paying her very well.......I'm a little nervous for her but that's just me. She babysits for them all the time and they'll all be together for most of the time.....it will be nice for Nick and Melissa to be able to go on the rides they want while Jackie watches Morgan and then Jackie will be able to go on also. I'm sure she'll have a blast. She really is a good kid....even if she is a bit bit***.....just like her Mom ......at times.

Well, my coffee of cup is empty and it's almost time for the farrier to be at the barn to trim Missy's feet so this Mommy's got to hit the road....I'll "see" you all later.....have a GREEEEEAAAAAAT day!!!!
Hugs to you all and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Last edited by PJ; 12-17-2001 at 09:13 AM.
Old 12-17-2001, 12:20 PM   #9  
Happy Member

Default Just a quickie...

Hey all! Just passing through for now...might get back in here later tonight...

Anyway, I've seen a few references to my daddy and :::::knocking on wood::::: not a problem there, thank goodness!! It's my father-in-law that passed away on Nov 28.

Thanks for all of your kind words and thoughts. I really appreciate it!

Ally
Old 12-18-2001, 12:57 PM   #10  
I'm on my way!

Default Where arrrrrrrrrrrre you?

Everyone must be buried under all the christmas trees, wrapping paper and decorations!

Just popping in to say hi and Merry Christmas to you all!!

Michelle
Old 12-18-2001, 02:31 PM   #11  
PJ
Senior Member since 1998

"Well, my coffee of cup is empty "

Need I say more? Did anyone else notice I posted THAT????!!!! Or am I the only "mental" person around these days....AAAGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll try and pop in later tonight. Anyone up for a chat? Maybe later tonight or tomorrow night? Let me know if you are. Just email me at [email protected]

"See ya".

Last edited by PJ; 12-22-2001 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12-18-2001, 02:49 PM   #12  
I'm on my way!

PJ I noticed the coffee of cup was empty. I did get a chuckle out of it! It happens to the best of us! Too much going on at this time of year!

So...is anyone else going to come out and keep us company...we need you all here. Its lonely!
Old 12-18-2001, 04:15 PM   #13  

Default Hello out there

Hello there:

Just thought that I would drop in and see what all the Night Owls have been up to lately. Sounds like they are as busy as ever.

I have joined back to WW and am doing well so far. It's not as hard getting back into the swing of things.

Glad to see that everyone is getting ready for Christmas. today Rob and I went out and I'm officially finished. Everything is wrapped and the other stuff is hidden away until Christmas Eve.

Hope to see you all around again soon. To everyone.....

Have A Merry Christmas!!

Sue
Old 12-18-2001, 09:51 PM   #14  
Getting back on track!

Hi Owls!

Sorry I have been MIA. Always drama in my life. I don't even want to talk about it right now but I am hanging in there. I have to read back and catch up but I wanted to say hi.

Here is a funny song on my local radio station. Steve and Vikki are the best radio show hosts in the world. Click on "the famous angel song"
www.star94.com

Love to all
Setina
Old 12-19-2001, 03:30 AM   #15  

Looks just like me!

http://www.bhg.com/bhg/files/include...1219/025213e5e

I'm off to Missouri on Sat. to spend a few days with my family! Not feeling well after that fall and have been eating too many sweets but still op! ( that means my points are spent on not so good for ya stuff!)
Closed Thread