Old 07-19-2007, 08:49 PM   #31  
Susan

Hi,
I ran errands today then I had lunch with my girlfriend. Later in the day, I watch my student while her mom ran an errand. We had fun.

I've had a headache all day. I finally laid down about 6 and just woke up. I'm not sure what happen to the tv it went to a blank channel, Pat is having a business dinner so he didn't change it. It was nice an quiet. Headache is still there! It's just about that time of month.

No cycling today. I took a break!

I agree about Arizona, way too hot!!!! We should go some place though. It would be a blast!!!

Oh, Amy's daughter has mono, she is only 10. Poor baby!!!!! I had it in high school and was really sick! Plus I took a lot of ribbing on kissing too because I had a boyfriend, luckily he didn't get it.
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:17 PM   #32  

Tina, I have spent quite a bit of the day napping which I know that I have to do to get myself back up to par. I plan to go to bed early tonight so I can rest up for all of the stuff going on this weekend. I never sign up to work on the Emmaus weekends in the kitchen, I just show up. They know that I come when I am feeling ok.

Susan, I hope your headache is gone and you are feeling better. I agree about Amy's daughter! Poor thing!! I had it in college. I slept through one of my finals!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 07:37 PM   #33  
Thursday Lady

I'm not sure if this will even post.
Has anyone had problems today? Each time I have come here today, it says I must "log in." If I don't, I see ads everywhere.

Hey, it didn't rain yesterday. We were just drying up and it sprinkled this afternoon. I might turn into a mushroom.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 08:48 PM   #34  

This is the first I've been on, and I didn't have a problem. I like mushrooms Tina!!!

We are leaving on Tuesday morning for Florida. Bob's older brother has been ill, and we decided we need to go while we still can. We'll be gone a little over a week. Not looking forward to the drive, but the new van should be comfortable for the ride.

I might take my scales with me to keep track of things. Maybe I'll hide them so Bob and Tim don't know.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:14 PM   #35  
Thursday Lady

Default No trouble tonight

Hmm... I didn't have anymore trouble here tonight. Who knows!

Tammy, I'm so sorry about Bob's brother. I hope he gets better. That will be a long trip. Y'all be really, really careful. Having the new van is good!

Next month, we are going to North Carolina to see Larry's brother (and crazy wife). His brother has the symptoms of alzhiemers. He is only 56 years old.
We are flying. A car trip is much too far and time consuming. Larry can't be away from work for that long.

Okay, where is everyone? We keep asking but no one shows up.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:35 AM   #36  

Tina, Bob's brother has cancer (at least we think he does). He refuses to go to a doctor. With 3 of us driving, it will make it better. We are staying overnight in GA on the way down and again on the way home.

Where will you be in NC? When will you be there? How long will you be there?
I'm retired now, and I could always make a trip there. Let me know!!

I agree! Where is everyone?????
Old 07-23-2007, 09:27 PM   #37  
Susan

Hi,
Hope everyone is doing well! I have been doing pretty good with my exercising. I'm hoping it will make a differendce when I weigh in on Thursday. I'll let you know.

Tammy, I'm sorry about Bob's brother. My student's grandmother had cancer and refused treatment too. It's a tough call on what I would do. Guess it depends on all the odds.

Tina, I've been to North Carolina once. it was beautiful. We went there to a family reunion when we first got married.

I got a new battery for my car. that was pretty exciting
Old 07-23-2007, 11:17 PM   #38  

I want to take the scales to Florida with us. Bob and Tim think I'm weird. With Bob's brother, we don't even know if it is cancer because he has never been to a doctor for a diagnosis. I'm not sure what the disease/syndrom is where you don't go anywhere? Anyway, his brother has not left his house/yard since 1979. I'm serious.

I agree about NC being beautiful. One of my cousins and her family live there.

Wow! A new battery!! You and Tim are really doing exciting things for your cars today!! He got new front brakes!!

We are leaving at 5:00 in the morning, so I need to go get some sleep.
Take care and behave.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:43 PM   #39  
Thursday Lady

Good luck with the scales on Thursday, Susan. A new car battery, not fun.
We just had to have new belts put on our car.

Tammy, where in NC do your relatives live?
My father-in-law came from NC. It's a long way from TX.

Not much going on here. Just trying to stay OP
Old 07-24-2007, 04:34 PM   #40  
Thursday Lady

Hi friends,
It's another beautiful day here ..... No Rain. It's marvelous.
I hope all are having a good day and are staying OP.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:17 PM   #41  
Susan

Hi Tina,
It looks like it's just us. Not sure where everyone is!!! Hope they are doing something fun!

I got my new battery and now my car starts ALL the time. Yea!!!!

I went for a massage today at the school here in town. It felt so good because I have so many knots in my back and neck. I could tell my headache was coming back. i think I'm going to get one later in the week too.

My in laws are coming in town tomorrow. I think they will be here only over night. they are on their way home from West VA.

Hope everyone is doing good.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:59 AM   #42  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all. I haven't posted in A VERY LONG TIME. I have to say I haven't been doing well weightwise. I have been thru a lot in the last year and have totally blown being OP. I weighed myself this morning and I am up about 20 lbs over what my signature says. We lost our mom earlier this year and I kind of spiraled out of control foodwise. I know I have to get back on track because I am not feeling good anymore, and have no energy to do the things I was doing before. My BP, while not dangerously so, is creeping back to the high level. I haven't had my blood sugar checked in a while but I probably am creeping up there too. Anyways, on a better note, I am trying to get myself together and do what I need to do for me and my family. Sorry my first post back sounds so bummed. I am doing better, and will continue to try to get it together. I hope everyone has a great day, take care......... Sis
Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:12 AM   #43  
Susan

Hi,

Sis, we are so glad you posted. I'm so sorry about your Mom. I don't know what it's like to lose a parent but I do know the pain from losing your only son. I see my parent age alot these days. Know that we are here for you "NO MATTER WHAT". Try and be good to yourself. I wish you peaceful and gentle days ahead.

I went for a massage yesterday. I just couldn't take it anymore. (Oops, already told ya'll that) Today, my back is sore. I think I'll go next week for another one.

Tina, are you getting the rain that San Antonio is getting?
Old 07-25-2007, 10:19 AM   #44  
Thursday Lady

Default Welcome home, Sis!

Welcome Home to you, Sis!!!
We are soooo happy you are back with us.
On a serious note, I, too, am so sorry about your mother's death.
You have had a hard year. But, you are a strong person. I know you are!

Take it easy and you'll be back OP in no time. Keep posting.

Susan, fortunately, we're not getting rain. There's some "high" or "low" that has kept it away for two days. "They say" that the rain is coming now.
Next week, get a gentler massage.

Chantal, when is your trip to Paris?
Maureen, come on and let us know what's happening.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:08 AM   #45  
Thursday Lady

Good morning,
Well, the rain is back. On the bright side, I haven't had to water the grass all summer---and that's a first.

Tammy, how are you doing? Do tell us that you made it down to Florida okay. How is your bil?