Is this a competition?

• I have struggled with my weight my entire life. I've finally decided to join weight watchers and take care of business! I have found that there are many people in my life, from family to friends, that would like to sabotage my efforts. Some that use it as a competition, not something we can do together. It's frustrating knowing others want you to fail and stay chubby forever.

Even if they "say" they're supportive, I get the feeling that's not really true. But, when they're trying to take healthier steps for themselves, I'm one of their biggest cheerleaders. What's the deal?

Does this happen to anyone else?
  • Oh yes!Sometimes friends and relatives get a little nervous when we start looking better, SO sometimes worry that you may look good to someone else.sometimes others are jealous , there are many reasons.Just take care of yourself and don't let them bother you.
  • It happens to me.. mostly with friends. For example, whenever I start a diet, and I announce it to the world, for some reason EVERYONE decides to have pizza nights, or a random run to get icecream.. Also, if I tell other what I'm eating (or NOT eating anymore), I always get critics on that as well..
    But only *you* know what you want, and how to get there, so keep it up!!
    Good luck
  • Thanks, it's frustrating. But, nice to know I'm not alone.