Old 07-17-2007, 03:50 PM   #61  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hi guys:

Es - Are you saying the Points Police had an accident in her pants??? - ewwww and yuk!!! OMG, I would give up that stuff, just for that reason alone. I don't care how much I could lose. Sorry to hear about the colitis and your knee - are you still on medication? Hope things get better for you soon, amiga.

We are back from vacation and it was great. We had the last day alone together, since Lisa & family left 2 days before us and Alana and Sal the day before. It was nice being with them and the kids. I'm back to work today, but my boss is on vacation and then at a learning conference in Boston for 2 weeks, so that means I will not have seen her for 5 weeks!!! Oh, Happy day! Gives me a chance to take care of things around here that I can't usually do.

My son Steven bought a new house (he's in Florida) and he's having a house warming party this weekend. So he calls me this morning to tell me he's booking a flight for me and Willie for this weekend - Saturday to Monday! He's crazy! He said he wants us there with him. Oh, well, I guess we're going to Florida this weekend, lol.

Susan enjoy your vacation at the lake, sounds wonderful.

Hi Jen, Terri, Sandy, Ruthie & ZoeGirl

Have a great Tuesday (yes, even you Es, lol) everyone.

Talk to you's soon.

Oh. P.S. I gained 2 lbs. on vacation, but that's okay - you know my motto - life gets in the way sometimes!!! I will not give up enjoying food on my vacations. I'll get it off in a couple of weeks.

Hugs,
Dianne
dpadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:44 PM   #62  

Es,
I am glad you threw them out too. I sure hope you feel better soon.
I'll be praying for you! Your babies sound SO CUTE!!!!

Jen,
The visit was great but to short. This summer is going WAY TO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan,
Have a great vacation!

TTYL,
Terri
points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:09 PM   #63  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hi Guys

Amiga, points police said when she went to the bathroom she had an orange spot the size of a 1/2 dollar plus grease bubbles in the toilet. I'm on medication for my colitis & my knee Enjoy your time in Florida.

Terri, thanks for the prayers. I need them.

Susan, sorry to hear about your back. Thank God you're feeling fine. Exercise helps.

I'm off tomorrow. WooHoo!

Be back tomorrow.
Luv,
Es
Attached Images
File Type: gif jumping0002.gif (6.8 KB, 74 views)
Rios426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:34 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Morning all... I am back from vacation, got in late last night... trying to get thru a day of work today but I should have taken an additional day off...

I will catch up on everything later on but I wanted to stop by and say hello!
Susan
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:57 AM   #65  

Hi Friends,

I know I have taken a long break. I missed being a part of the group, and I tend to stay away when I am feeling down. I was so miserable at the job that I took that I had slipped into a full blown depression. I ended up seeing a therapist this spring and he urged me to quit! I didn't feel free to act on what I knew was the best thing for me until I had followed through on several commitments I had made to myself or people that I cared about there. I wanted to stick it out for a full year, stay until my one friend who had knee replacement surgery came back, and to stay until I helped them transition to a new computer system. I finally resigned and my last day was on June 29. I still feel like I am in recovery. I don't really understand why I felt I had to put myself through that. There were several people who were lying to the director and fabricating things about me, apparently because I was working too hard. Since they were all long time employees, and I was the new kid on the block, she had chosen to believe them. I am so glad to be out of there.

I am taking the rest of the summer off, spending a lot of time gardening, and then I will look for a job that suits me better.

Yay!! I finally have a little time to catch up with my friends. I hope everyone is well and enjoying the summer.

Luv Ya's
Sandy
Sandancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:54 AM   #66  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Sandy,
You did the right thing. Enjoy your garden and take your time. It's difficult to deal with coworkers who have a lower work ethic. Now it's their loss. I hope you're feeling better about it all each day.

Susan,
Did you go somewhere for vacation? I don't remember you saying where.

HI Es, Terri, Dianne, Zoe

~Jen
Jenny523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:23 AM   #67  

Morning all!

I was down with a nasty case of bronchitis since last Wednesday evening so I have been off line... I am back in the office today and need to do some catching up on everyone's posts which I will try and do on my lunch break.

Hope all is well... I did notice that Sandy is back! That is great news!

I will stop by again later on!
Susan
Old 08-02-2007, 05:49 PM   #68  

Hi Buddies,

I am finding it hard today to avoid focusing on the bridge collapse and the loss of life. I think our country and state government is getting worse year by year at taking care of the infrastucture until there is a tragedy. Of course there is still the aftermath of Katrina and Rita! I wish I knew what kind of activism would help.

On a lighter note, this summer is certainly going by way too fast. We are enjoying some very hot weather this week, and like you Jen we do have our pool. We have an every other day outdoor water restriction in our town, so I have to water my garden judiciously. I have a bumper crop of summer squash and green beans. I need some ideas for recipes.

Susan, I hope your bronchitis has cleared up completely by now, it is so unexpected to deal with that in the summer.
Es, I hope you are lots better by now too, aging sure has its hazards, who US??
Dianne, How was the trip to Florida? And a big congrats to your son in his new home!
Hi Terri, and love to your family and pets too!
I hope everyone is well, I am catching up on the posts over the past few weeks.

Sandy
Old 08-06-2007, 11:30 AM   #69  

Susan,
Hope you feel better. I had that a few months ago. Not fun!

Sandy,
I hope things get better. I hate being in something I hate.
It is very deoressing about the state of affairs. My husband and youngest son did the high adventure canoeing trip this month and they were near Minneapolis. Never before were they there but 1 week before. Scary.

Es,
I am still praying for you. You are just to sweet to be down for long.

Jen,
My Steelers were on last night in the Hall of Fame game. We beat The Saints. We were just at the Hall of Fame in June. It is only 1 hr. from my mom's house.
They have a special room for the 75th anniversary of the Steelers this year.

School starts tomorrow for the boys.
Brittany starts on the 20th

Luv,
Terri
Old 08-07-2007, 11:02 PM   #70  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
Hope the boys had a good first day. Each year I'm shocked to hear that they're heading back already! In Illinois there's another 3 weeks or so before school begins.
Very cool about the Hall of Fame game! I'm looking forward to FOOTBALL this weekend with our first preseason game. it's a long season for my family...."don't make plans for a game day", "have to watch the game"....

Sandy,
We're up to our ears in cucumbers, followed by tomatoes. We have not had much luck with bell peppers in this garden. My favorite is the tomatoes......even if we had nothing else, those would be enough! Hope you're finding a solution for the green beans. If you like, I will send you the recipe we use for Dilly Beans. Pick them, blanch them, and put them up in jars with garlic, seasoning and dill. No processing. Just wait 6 weeks and they are awesome. They're like gold in our family. Let me know.

Susan,
I hope you're feeling better. Do you have an inground pool? That's my dream.

HI to everyone!

hugs,
~Jen
Old 08-16-2007, 08:59 AM   #71  
Queen of the Fresh Start

I think this is the quietest I've seen our group Hope all is well with everyone.

Terri, are the kids settling in to the new school year? Our guys go back next week; it seems too early. Will you be subbing again this year?

We had the boys here last weekend, and I took a vacation day on Monday. It was a good visit, nice hot weather. We swam, ate, swam, ate, and played Wii. Also got in a shopping trip for school shoes, etc. The minute they're gone I begin missing them again. I know I shouldn't complain, as they're only 45 minutes away. But I'd much rather have them around the corner!

Speaking of eating, that's all I've been doing. I've no will power at all, and am upset with myself. Every other aspect of my life is great, so why do I struggle so with this issue?

HI Es, Dianne, Sandy, Susan, Zoe

~Jen
Old 08-16-2007, 10:51 AM   #72  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hi everyone,

Yes, Jen it certainly is quiet around here - guess everyone's been busy.
We had a birthday party in the backyard last week for Willie and it was fun, but it sure is hard to enjoy when you are hosting, lol. We had about 35 people/kids - after all there's almost that many with just immediate (kids/grandkids) family, lol.

This weekend we are going "camping" - most people wouldn't call what we do camping, just getting away for the weekend. I have Monday's off in August, so that's been cool.

Jen, know just how you're feeling re: eating. It seems like there's something going on every weekend and it all involved FOOD! I've got to get back on track. I haven't been to the gym in months. Gotta do something soon.

I hope everyone is well - come in and say hi.

Hugs,
Dianne
dpadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:41 PM   #73  

Hi all, I'm here, just really busy with work and home right now, every minute seems to be filled and busy.

I will stop by when I can.

Susan

Jen: no, we don't have an in-ground pool with this house... I had on in my last home though and loved it.... would have one again in an instant if I could
Old 08-18-2007, 11:19 AM   #74  

Hi All,

I wish I was merely busy, sad to say that Mike's mom and my mom have both been diagnosed with cancer within weeks of each other. It looks like radiation treatments are in store for his mom and some chemo for my mom. We are hoping and praying for the best, but preparing for all possibilities. I can learn to live with the uncertainty for now.

My guys are all well, and I am delaying the new job hunt for the time being.

Hugs to my buddies,
Sandy
Old 08-19-2007, 12:39 AM   #75  

Hi guys,
Sorry to be absent so much. It is so busy!!!!!! It is like 106 here. We have had a record 12 days in a row. Can't wait til it cools off.

Sandy,
I am so sorry to hear about your mom and MIL. Anytime you need an ear we are here. Our family prayers will include them. Keep us posted.

Dianne,
Happy birthday to Willie. Sounds like a fun time. Hope you have a great time camping.

Jen,
We are all struggling with that aspect of life too. It sucks. There are times that I am so motivated and doing everything right. Then there are those other times. We are all here for each other.
I'll bet those boys are getting so big. My boys are doing great so far in school. I hate to think of progress reports and stuff. I hate that part.
Football games starting. Not ready for all that yet. I worked a few days last week and three next week. I want to be RICH!!!!!!! I love staying home and cleaning and reading. That is all I do when I am home. I don't even watch Days of Our Lives until night time. No TV. I read and clean and sometimes nap. These kids get up at 6:30. I make sure to have 1 day off a week.
Usually a Friday or a Monday.

I am doing pretty well WW wise. I am actually sticking to my food plan that I make out the day before. I hope it keeps up.

TTYL,
Terri