3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Fab & Fit 40's And 50's! #185 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/113722-fab-fit-40s-50s-185-a.html)

Jenny523 06-29-2007 07:32 PM

:dancer: WHOO HOOO I'm on vacation! :sunny:
Now I can only keep my :crossed: that it gets hot!

Dianne,
Enjoy your time off! You'll look fabulous in that new suit.

Susan,
Where in Indiana do you live? There might not be that much distance between the 2 of us?

This is a small, but major victory for me...I have been eating lunch at work in the lunchroom (which, by the way, is very oppressive, with yucky carpeting and old furniture, remember I work for the government lol) instead of going out. I'm packing WW friendly meals and have been doing well. Always have a book with me, with a dollar bill as a book mark. I stuck it in there one day because I decided I would purchase a package of the peanut M&M's from the vending maching. Well, I've used that dollar as a bookmark for more than a month, and thru two books! I keep telling myself I really don't want the M&M's. And each time I look at that dollar I feel stronger.

Now I just have to try that trick at home in the evenings....sigh...

Hope everyone is well. Es, Sandy, Zoe, Ruth...say HI :wave:
luv,
~Jen

decemberdianne 06-30-2007 10:41 PM

Jen - that is a major victory, definitely - to go for a month not buying those m&m's - :bravo: I think whatever works is major in our lives, with this struggle we go through everyday, so great job!! Enjoy your vacation.

I lost 1 lb. this week and today's the end of the challenge Lisa & I made. I missed the finish line by 1 lb. - 9 instead of 10, but I'll take it. :carrot:

I got to use my new bathing suit today when little Michael next door asked me to in the pool with him. Had a great time, then we played uno - I had never played that before, it was fun. Don't know yet what we're doing tomorrow after church, but if the weather is good, we'll probably go to the beach.

Hi everyone:wave:

Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Dianne

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...PEz/weight.png

Princess1122 07-02-2007 02:57 PM

Afternoon all! Just a quick check in to see what is going on. Had a great weekend in Cincinnati... the Red's won... Yah!

Jen: I live in Indianapolis... what area of Ill to you live in?

I have to run... will check back tomorrow.

Jenny523 07-04-2007 06:39 PM

HAPPY 4TH!!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday. We've been swimming, a nice warm humid day.
We'll go see our town's fireworks tonight.
Have a great day!
~jen
:swim:

Rios426 07-08-2007 09:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello my friends:wave:

I've missed you all. I don't know why but my life seems so busy lately.

Jen, I know you're loving this weather. It must be nice to have your very own pool. I know how you feel about privacy & cleanliness. Enjoy every moment. The summer will be over before we know it. I can't believe the stores are getting ready for Fall! Have a fun vacation.:beach:

Dianne, me amiga, congrats on your loss!:carrot: You're on vacation too? I have to catch up. I haven't been here in so long.

Terri, so funny about Tanner. They are too smart. They're just like kids. Say hi to Brittany. How is she?

Susan, how many girls do you have? What breed? I have a Pug & a cat. Sammy & Sadie. They are my babies. Sammy gets alot more attention. He's always with me.

I have been OK. Still having problems with my back. I'm not taking vacation this year because I need the time for my drs. appts. I decided to take every Friday for the month of July instead. I bought Alli but haven't started it yet.

It feels great to be back. I missed you all. I have to go food shopping. It's suppoed to go up to 90 today & humid:flame: We have a pool here in the complex. I'll go there to get some sun. I won't wear a bathing suit. I'll wear a tank top & shorts.:o

Have a nice day my buddies:hug:

Luv u's
Es

Princess1122 07-10-2007 08:04 AM

Morning all, just a quick check in!

Es: I have three girls, they are all mutts, blk lab mix, chow mix, and a hard to say mix....LOL. They are all getting up there in age, 14,13, & 10... I love them dearly!

Hope all is well with everyone! I went to my first Pilates II class last night... big step up for me as it is much more advanced then my previous classes... but I enjoyed it and am feeling it today...

Have a great day all!
Susan

points 07-12-2007 03:59 PM

Susan,
Your dogs sound so cute! My Tanner is a hard to say mix. I love him so much! Bosco is a Savannah cat. So smart! We ate at old favorites too while home. The pizza just isn't as good anywhere else.

Es,
Britts is fine and says HI!!! Tell us how that Alli is. Don't eat over 15 gms of fat (I think that is what it is) they say it can be painful. Hope your back feels better.

Jen,
Love the dollar bill story. Great idea!!!!!! Enjoy that pool!!!!!
I enjoy our jacuzzi at night. I love it. I will use it more during the winter. It gets cold down here but not as much as up there. We have the outside fireplace now so that helps.

We stopprd at Kings Island (right outside Cincinnati) on the way home for 2 nights. We were going to take Tanner to the Park pet center for the day. We walk him every 4 hrs. while there. I was afraid he would bark alot at the hotel. We were going to leave Bosco at the hotel in the bathroom (in case an employee walked in) but the night before the park at about 3:00 a.m. my bedroom door opened, we had a 2 bedroom suite, and Tanner barked and in walked Bosco. By himself. He could open all the doors. Even when they opened in. I was afraid he would work all day on the heavier front door since there is no way to dead bolt it from the outside. We tried all ways to Bosco proof and nothing worked. We ended up taking him to the Park pet center too. He was mad. He went in real fast and turned his head away from us.
He follows me and Tanner around everywhere at home and I guess he wanted to sleep with us.

We had a great time up there. I miss everyone! Kinda glad to be home though. Can relax a little.

TTYL,
Terri

Rios426 07-13-2007 07:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
TGIF!:dance:

Terri, our pets are just like kids. Too cute & too smart. Alli seems to be working but when I know I'm going out to eat I won't take it. Points Police went half on 1 bottle with me. She didn't watch her fat grams & guess what happened? Alli-ooops! Right thru her pants. She quit right then & there. She lost 9 lbs in 2 weeks. I notice a difference but I'm not consistant so it's going to be a slow process.

Susan, I love pilates but can't do it because of my back. I tried but it was too painful.

Hi to the rest of the gang. :grouphug: Have a great weekend.

Love, Es

Princess1122 07-13-2007 09:57 AM

Happy Friday all!

Hope all is well with everyone... heading out on vacation next Wednesday... going to CT to spend a week at my step moms lake house... can' t wait!

Es': That just stinks that you can't do Pilates but I know how back issues work also... mine has actually gotten better and way stronger since doing them, I was born with Spinal Bifida and have had some trouble in the past but this has helped me greatly... does not work for all though. Sorry you can't do them though... My dogs are my kids also... I know what you mean about that!

Terri: Your dogs sounds too funny! The one can actually get thru doors?!?!?! I would be in trouble with mine if they could do that :D. Glad you had a good time, we did too, ate lots of good food. It is always nice to visit but there is really no place like home ... I love to go away but love to come home when it is time.

I have to run but will check back later on!

points 07-14-2007 02:49 PM

i Susan,
Actually the one who opens doors is our cat. He was the one we found on a hill screaming when he was 4 mos. old. He is something else. Not sure what. :lol: Tanner is 54 pounds and leary of Bosco who is 11 pounds. :lol:
Glad you had a good time.

Es,
Good luck and be careful. Where black or Brown at all times. It sounds like you are smart and doing the right thing just be careful. Hope your back feels better.

We are going to see Harry Potter tomorrow. Can't wait for the book.
TTYL,
Terri

Rios426 07-15-2007 07:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Terri, what is TTYL? I know..duh, I should know this. Our animals are so funny. Tanner is a big boy. I remember when you first got him.

Susan, a vacation by the lake sounds like a dream come true.

I'm hating this weather. It's very humid. I'm going food shopping then back home with the AC.

Have a great day guys. Oh, do you all have the 4 week pass (WW)for $39. They automatically renew it for you & you get etools for free.:cool:

Let me start getting ready.

Hugs;)
Es

points 07-15-2007 01:37 PM

TTYL= Talk To You Later

Tanner will be 7 this year. It is hard to believe. How old are your babies Es?
Hope the weather is getting better!!!!!

Luv ya,
Terri

Rios426 07-16-2007 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi:wave:

Terri, Sammy is 5 yrs. old & Sadie is around 1 1/2 yrs. old, we think. When we rescued her & we took her to the Vet he said she was around 9 months. She loves Sammy. She licks his face.

I went to the Dr. this morning. I'm having problems AGAIN with the colitis. She put me on antibiotics for 10 days. I am falling apart. Between a swollen knee, back pain, now colitis! She told me not to take Alli. I threw them away.

How is everybody doing with WW? I'm not following it. Well, kinda sort of.

Till tomorrow:hug:

Luv u's,
Es

Jenny523 07-16-2007 07:54 PM

Es,
I agree totally with your dr....don't take Alli!!!! MY SIL took it some years back when it was prescription only, by the name of Xenical. She did lose weight, but as soon as she went off it, she gained it back. Because she was cutting down so drastically on her fat intake (rather than have an accident due to oily diarrhea) she had quite noticeable hair loss. Her dr. attributed it to not enough fat in her daily food intake. Definitely not worth it!
I hope your aches and pains are on their way out; hang in there. :hug:

Terri,
I can't believe we've all known each other so long! I remember when you got Tanner....as a baby. How was your visit with the family in Ohio?

Susan,
I'm curious as to your having Spinal Bifida, as I had a niece with the condition. Did you have to undergo surgery/therapy? I hope you don't mind me asking.

Not much new here. Struggling, good days and bad....maintaining at least.

later,
~Jen

Princess1122 07-17-2007 08:46 AM

Morning all, just a quick stop by, I am on vacation starting tomorrow... I will try and check in when I can.

Jen: Nope, I don't mind you asking at all... I actually have the lesser form of SB, I have what they call "occulta" which is in no way as bad as the other two options. I have a hole in my spine about the size of a silver dollar around my 5th lumbar vertebra. If I keep my weight down, my exercise up, bones strong, etc. I should be fine for most of my life. The Dr's say that if you are not careful it can cause other issues, etc but I have been very lucky, and the more weight I lose the better it all is...

Have a great week everyone!
Susan