3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   eating at work (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/111955-eating-work.html)

superchicken 05-07-2007 10:00 AM

eating at work

i work in an office where i sit infront of the computer for 8 1/2 hours at a time. on the days i work i notice i eat like crazy. if i dont bring snacks i find myself making my way to the cafe for food. on the days i go to school i barely eat and do not feel hungry. i was wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me?

-Donna

modkittn 05-07-2007 10:15 AM

I'm opposite, even though I also sit in front of a computer all day. If I'm working, then I've planned my day COMPLETELY up until dinner. Sometimes I even plan dinner too in order to know what I can eat during the day! Then on days that I don't work (weekends) I don't plan as well and sometimes will go over my points. Are the snacks that you are choosing not filling you up? Maybe you can replace them with something more filling, or try to drink more water.

KO 05-08-2007 09:19 AM

If I plan food (to buy or bring) I'm all set and ok if not I fall prey to the caf/Machine. I discovered at work that they will make me a lettuce wrap if i ask for it. My salads were getting a bit out of control!

CrimsonClover 05-08-2007 05:16 PM

i have to surround myself in several 1 point foods to get through the workday

and PLAN PLAN PLAN

if i do not plan it is not happening

superchicken 05-09-2007 08:59 AM

they thing is i plan my days when its a work day. i plan everything from breakfest to dinner the night before.. i bring one point snacks (2 of them) to work. if i dont bring the snacks or if i only bring one i get very hungry.. at school it is harder for me to plan my days because of lack of space to keep food. luckly i also work at the school so there is a small fridge i can keep a sandwhich or left overs in. the more i think about it i think when i am at work i become very bored and i believe thats why i get hungry. thanks everyone for the advise.

weeblesmama 05-09-2007 07:08 PM

I used to eat CONSTANTLY at work, and usually made unhealthy choices from the vending machines. In order to counter those cravings, I bring gum (orbit) and some fruit (usually a piece for the morning and a piece for the afternoon) and drink lots of tea and water. I hope this helps!

shyla2001 05-09-2007 07:10 PM

At my old job, I ate while I worked because I was miserable. (stress, etc). It made it seem not quite so bad. Of course, I gained a ton of weight there too.

Raindancer 05-14-2007 06:30 PM

Sounds like you are bored. I do that when I'm not staying actively busy. Even though you are working, if you are sitting at a desk all day...you are bound to be bored attimes.

I don't work, so my issue is that I can (and used to,hence the reason I am here) wander into the kitchen to snack.

Many times I promise myself a snack after I drink a large glass of water. Most of the time, I get distracted and forget about the snack.

Also, what types of 1 pt. snacks are you eating? Maybe having a 3pt snack of apple and peanut butter, or a piece of fruit and a few almonds would help stave off hunger.

I know that eating a "healthy" 2-3 pt snack helps me fight cravings much more than having a 1pt hostess cupcake 100 cal pack. (Even though they are so yummy!)

lawschoolmom 05-16-2007 11:10 AM

Superchick, we are the same person! I also work at my school all day.

Personally, I think the vending machine calls my name. Seriously. Especially, when it is about 2pm-3pmish...

This week, I've been shutting my door during that time and drinking water. Sometimes, or so I've been told, hunger is only your body craving water. Sometimes it has helped, but yesterday it did not. I ended up in front of the vending machine buying a pack of doritos and a 3 muskateers. I ate the doritos and 1/2 of the candy. And it was not worth it. I felt like crap afterwards. Today, I've brought a bag of popcorn, a granola bar, and a 1pt cake. Of course, I don't plan to eat all of those things. But, I've got my bases covered. If I want salty, I'm going for popcorn. Sweet-i'm going for the granola. And if I'm getting chocolate fix call, I might get the cake. (I'm PMSing...it might happen!)

Also, coworker's can be toxic! My coworkers love to eat lunch out because we have this awesome Pita-American cafe downstairs in our building. I have to BRING GOOD lunches to fight that off.

Best wishes, message me anytime :)