3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   #181 Bale of Turtles Working Out! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/110376-181-bale-turtles-working-out.html)

Itryharder 04-20-2007 09:58 AM

#181 Bale of Turtles Working Out!

:welcome3: :carrot:
We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder 04-20-2007 09:59 AM

Hi Turtles,
Glad you found us. Go back to thread 180 for some great posts!
Have a lovely weekend. Our weather here in the NE is about to get a lot better.
JUdy
ps. I switched to Flex for this week to see if I can knock off those remaining "fast" pounds I put on right around Easter.

bandit2 04-21-2007 11:07 AM

Good morning, Turtles:

Sounds like everyone is doing well, so that is great

I was down 1.4# this week at my w/i so was happy with that. Stayed OP since Mon a.m. & the scale went down.

Nice, sunny & warm up here for a change. Just making some cabbage rolls.
I have had a craving for them for awile & actually they are pretty point friendly overall.

Hoping to get outside shortly and pick up some branches in yard. I have lots of big trees and over the winter lots blow off.

Good luck to everyone.

Itryharder 04-23-2007 10:33 AM

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, :cp: :bravo: :cheer: for losing weight this week. You said you wanted to get in gear and kick butt and you did! That's a great :goodscale:
Funny how our lives echo each other's. I picked up twigs, etc. over the weekend myself and I feel the bending and twisting in my muscles! That's okay I figure that's another short workout for myself. I'm still on the :tread:
and walking 1 1/2miles as often as I can fit it in in a week. My hip was hurting, but I don't think it's the :tread: that's doing it, so I'll continue.
Stepped on the scale this morning, and I've been able to hold onto losing four of those "fast pounds". Now I am aiming to knock off the last three so I can get back to losing for real. Wish me luck.

I'm sending you all :goodvibes:
Judy

princess peony 04-23-2007 12:58 PM

It's Monday Allready!

Hey there ladies!:wave:

Brandit~ congrats on the WL! :congrat: I hope I do as good as you tonight when I go and W/I.:goodscale

Judy~ Goodluck getting the rest off! I know you will have it off in no time!:goodluck:

I weigh in tonight wish me luck!:goodscale :goodluck: I have been so hungry all day. At lunch I feel like I over ate too.:( I just hope I do good at the weigh in tonight!

bandit2 04-23-2007 01:11 PM

Peony - good luck tonight at your w/i!

Judy - good for you for getting in some exercise.

Nice sunny Monday up here & the weather was great over the weekend.
I think I have an allergy - runny nose & eyes so got some medicine & doing better.

Hi to everyone else!

Itryharder 04-23-2007 03:09 PM

Peony,
Good luck with your WI. So glad you're here to help :cheer: us on!

Bandit,
Feel better with your allergies. Looks like every season has its blessings.
LOL
Judy

Ariana2000 04-23-2007 03:21 PM

Ladies: Good afternoon. How is everyone? I didn't get an answer from M this weekend, no response at all, and then M stood me up for our date to go to the fair. Which, put together, is an answer in and of itself. I spent a lot of time crying Sunday when I finally accepted it, but I don't want to talk about it anymore; I just wanted to let you guys know, since you were so supportive. Obviously, that dominated the weekend, and it was intensely disappointing, so... the only really good thing about the last couple of days is that the allergies/illness that has been plaguing me seems to be on its way out. Otherwise, everything is looking rather gray.

But I will try not to be a "downer", and respond to your messages accordingly...

Princess: How funny. I can understand the impulse to race out there and protect your son, but that would not help his "reputation" among the other boys, which I'm sure you know. As long as he is not seriously hurt, that is what matters, right? Re IMHO -- IMHO means In My Humble Opinion. IMNSHO, my own variant, means In My Not So Humble Opinion. I have never tried the WW brand scale. It's interesting that they can be so different. I would expect a consistent difference, but as long as you "trust" one of them, that's okay.

Peony -- did you enjoy the weekend? Good luck on your WI.

Judy -- glad you had a good weekend. Let us know how things go with "flex". Congrats on the WL. Make sure you stretch, that might help your hip. Glad you're feeling better.

Bandit -- congrats on the WL! Cabbage rolls sound good. I am envisioning lettuce wraps, are they the same kind of thing? Sorry you are feeling under the weather.

Well, ladies, back to work. Take care.

Princess1122 04-24-2007 08:41 AM

Happy Tuesday!

Morning all!

I was off yesterday as my DS had his oral surgery... it went ok and at least it is over with for him... They gave him the max on the IV drip and it still did not knock him out so he was awake for the whole thing... the kid is a horse... LOL.
Went to W/I saturday AM and was down 3.4 lbs... most of the vacation weight is gone... now I just need to keep going. DH started back last week and he was down 11.4 lbs! I was very happy for him! He tried hard and it showed.

Ariana: OMG... I am sooooo sorry about M.... I remember how that is and it is devastating, you are better then that though and will find the perfect person soon... you just need to get thru the crappy stuff and that is the hard part. LOL re: DS and rugby... I know, I would never do that to him but sometimes it is hard, rugby is very rough and as he is my baby it is all I can do to stay in my chair at times. :D But I manage it!

Judy: Great job the exercise! I finally got my yard mowed and I think I heard a collective sigh from the neighbors... LOL.

Bandit: I know you will be so happy when the weather finally turns... I know I will be :D Great job on the W/L!

Kerri: What is new with you lately?

Peony: Hope your W/I went really well! I love awesome W/I's... LOL... who doesn't! But they make you feel sooooo good!

I have to run but will check back in later on.
Susan

bandit2 04-24-2007 11:03 AM

Hi everyone:

Ariana - sorry to hear about the M thing & nothing anyone can really say will make you feel better. I have shared this before - but when things are tough I write this on sticky notes & put in appropriate places "And this too shall pass" That has helped me. Hang in there.
Cabbage rolls are rice & ground beef rolled in cabbage leaves then tomatoe sauce with spices poured over the top & baked.
Mine work out to 2 points each.

Princess - congrats on your w/l!!! What programme is your hubby following?
Both of you have such great losses - I would be thrilled to have one over 2# for a change. But will take any kind of w/loss.

Big HI to all you other turtles.

Princess1122 04-24-2007 01:05 PM

Bandit: Thanks! DH and I are both on the flex/points plan... he gets tons of points every day though since they have changed the program a few months back with the new calculations and all... I ended up losing a point and he got like 15 more! How fair is that? :D I agree... a loss is a loss and I am normally happy with any kind of downward trend on the scale. I had a big one because I was coming off of a vacation week and got right back on plan... I most likely will not see that big of a loss this week...

Beautiful day here today! Sunny and very warm!

Itryharder 04-24-2007 06:43 PM

Princess,
Is your new photo you in Hawaii? Gorgeous. Hey, weigh to go knocking off that vacation weight so quickly. That is amazing and wonderful and good for your dh too!

Ariana,
There is nothing any of us can say, but just hang in there. You're terrific and you'll make a connection with someone who deserves you. I won't say anymore because I see you didn't want to talk about it. Just know we all care. :grouphug:

All goes well here. I'll be weighing in tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Judy

Princess1122 04-25-2007 08:30 AM

Happy Hump Day!

Morning all,

Rainy here today but according to the weather man we needed it so I guess it is a good thing.

Judy: Best wishes for an awesome W/I!!! Thanks for the congrats... I am eager for this weekend's W/I to see if I can get the rest off. Yup, DH took that picture one day when we were walking to lunch in Wikiki... I just loved it there and am ready to go back... I feel like some of the issues and stress that were present before we went, and went away while we were on vacation are now coming back... funny how that works... life gets in the way in all areas...

Ariana: I was watching the weather guy and it kind of looked like you all might have got some rain out there... I know you like that so I hope it did in fact happen for you. I am not so sure I could handle your high heat levels any better then I handle the mid-west winters... LOL. Hope you are having a less stressful time at work... What is your W/I day?

Bandit: How are you doing? When do summer officially start up your way?

Kerri: What is new with you?

Peony: How are you doing so far this week? What is your favorite form of exercise? Mine is Pilates, love the Pilates classes and I take at least two a week... I walk or do the eliptical but that is way harder for me to get motivated to do...

I will check back later on!
Susan

bandit2 04-25-2007 11:57 AM

Hi turtles:

Judy - good luck on your w/i, hope its great.

Princess - nice picture! June 21st is officially the first day of summer & looking forward to it. Beforehand we get some hot/cool days. Sometimes the season seems longer which is good, but other times summer passes & feels like it didn't really happen. But, the last few years we have been quite lucky and have pretty nice weather. Although I guess it is lots shortly than you guys all have.

I leave for Vegas on Mother's Day so looking forward to that. Going with 3 other ladies & we have tickets for the Country Music Awards, so that should be fun. Hopefully can drop a few # before then.

Hope you all have a great OP week.

Princess1122 04-25-2007 01:43 PM

Picture

Well I tried to post a couple of pictures but I fear they are too big. I think I was able to post on of my DH and I with some friendly parrots in Hawaii. They are under my profile... let me know if you are able to view it or not and I will try and figure it out if it fails :D

Have a happy day!

Ariana2000 04-25-2007 04:05 PM

Ladies: Good afternoon. How is everyone? It's been a rough couple of days, because of this business with M. I don't want to talk about it much, so I'm just going to be brief here...I've thought about it and talked a lot about it with my family and my best friend. M's silence doesn't make sense, because M seemed happy and crazy about me (M even said "I'm worried that I'm crazier about you than you are about me", so there are three possibilities -- one, M's affections do change that rapidly, in which case that's not someone I want to be with, two, something serious has happened to M, some personal or family emergency, in which case I just hope M is okay, or three, M is just terrified or very uncomfortable with something about our relationship. The bottom line is that it didn't feel right to me, everything between us had been wonderful, and then -- nothing. My best friend and I decided on the 3 outcomes above, and I decided to write M a short email, basically asking A) are you okay? b) If things are going on and you just don't want to talk right now, that's fine, but let me know you're okay and c) if there's something about us or about my suggestion of exclusivity that scares or makes you uncomfortable, we can talk about it -- I won't be upset or offended, and I understand, I get scared too sometimes. After I sent it, I text messaged M very briefly (I just wrote "check your gmail account, please"). And I have to leave it there. I think one of the things that bothered me most about this whole business was that we seemed so perfect for each other, and then, with no warning, poof, M is unresponsive. It boggled my mind. And it hurt like ****, and I felt powerless to do anything about it. After I talked to my BF and wrote this letter, I feel a sense of peace, and some hope -- things may work out, and M is worth fighting for -- but if they don't, I at least feel that I've done everything possible. And now I wait, but it won't be so bad as before, I don't think.

Well, I said that would be short, but, not so much. I guess I just wanted to get it off my chest. Thank you for listening.

Everything else is okay. Work is going well, and it's actually calmed down. I am getting ready to go on vacation -- I'm leaving here tomorrow at noon -- so you may not hear from me again before next week.

I weigh in tonight, so I'll try and let you guys know how I did anyway, but I can't make any promises. My BF and I were on the phone for a while last night, so I didn't get to sleep before midnight, and I was up at 6, so I'm tired, and likely to forget to tell you guys the result of my WI.

One good thing -- I'm back to working out, at least yesterday and today, now that my allergies have finally cleared up, I feel like a human being again.

Princess: Congrats on the WL. Glad your DS is okay. Congrats to your husband too. Re M: yes, it is rough, and it hurts. But I'll survive. Re the rain: yes, I love it, but we haven't gotten any yet today. My WI day is Wednesday. I missed last Wednesday because I went to dinner with friends; Tuesday was my first day back at the gym because of awful allergies, so I didn't bother to weigh myself. I'm weighing myself in tonight. Work is okay. And yes, I saw the picture of you and your husband with the parrots. :)

Bandit: Thank you. The thing with M hurts, but yes, it will pass. Your cabbage roles sound interest.

Judy: Thank you. I know it will pass, and I'll find somebody eventually.

Take care, ladies. TTYL.

Itryharder 04-25-2007 05:01 PM

Hi Turtles,
I tried to get on this site several times today and finally was able to do so.
My WI this morning was a surprise. I had let three WI's go by without attending a mtg. or weighing in. I thought I had skipped two mtgs. The first one was the week I gained 7 pounds after working so hard and losing 1, and then 2#. The second week, I was only able to knock off 3# of the 7# and didn't want to WI and see a 4# gain. The third week, was more of the same. However, this week, the 4th. week (is anyone still with me?) I did go and was up three pounds. Believe me, this is okay. I am on Flex for the time being and I think the change will benefit me.
Being up 3# means I am about where I was two months ago. Soooo, this is why I don't lose 50# in a year even though it is feasible. I am OP again, doing well, counting points, and assessing whether I am hungry or not. I am also exercizing on the :tread: and will soon be able to swim outdoors.

Things in general are going well for me and I am thankful. Now I must keep on top of my emotions and my tendency to eat when I am tired or bored. OK
enough about me.

Ariana, you've got a great attitude!
Bandit, you weather is a big like mine--only exaggerated! Have a ball in Vegas.
Kerri, how is everything?
Peony, how are you doing? How was your WI?

Have a great day and I'll try to chime in tomorrow.
Judy

Ariana2000 04-26-2007 01:19 AM

Ladies -- a quick note -- I am down 1.6! ::goodscale:: I am thrilled, considering that, with my allergies, I haven't been able to workout as much as normal these last two weeks. But I did cut back on my eating too, knowing I wasn't working out as much, and I have cut down my points, so, I'm thrilled. :)

Judy -- getting back on track is very important. Losing 50 pounds a year is hard, don't beat yourself up -- focus on making sure that the long-term downward trend is towards weight loss, and keep focusing on building on healthy habits, like working out and eating well. I'm glad things are going very well. If you're eat because you're bored, I'd try embrodering or doing something with my hands when bored -- it's hard to snack when your hands are busy. If you're bored doing mundane chores, try listening to an audio book. What are you doing when you get bored, or is it just in general? You are on your way, focusing on healthy things, keep it up. (Oh, and re my attitude -- thank you. :D)

Talk to you guys next week. Take care!

Princess1122 04-26-2007 08:22 AM

Happy Thursday!

Morning all!

Another rainy day here today but they say the weekend is supposed to be nice so I have my fingers crossed and am very eager to get my bike out and get riding again.

W/I on Saturday... wishing for the best.

Ariana: yup, you have a great attitude! Best wishes on your vacation, relax and enjoy!

Bandit: have a great time in Vegas! Win big and enjoy the sunshine!

Judy: Following points may take some getting used to but you will get the hang of it and be back on track with the scale going down again... I agree with Ariana, our over-all health is the gold ring that we should all be grabbing for.

Kerri: Hope all is well!

Peony: Hop all is well with you! How did your W/I go?

Have a happy day all!
Princess

Princess1122 04-27-2007 08:06 AM

Happy Friday!

Morning all,

Very happy it is Friday! Cool and cloudy here today but I still have faith that the weather man will be right and we will have an awesome weekend!

Hope all is well with everyone... W/I tomorrow... wishing for the best!

I will check back later on.
Susan

Itryharder 04-27-2007 10:33 AM

Princess,
Good luck for your WI. Hoping it's a :goodscale: We've got the strong rain and winds here too. The rain was so powerful it woke me up this morning.
Looking forward to a nice weekend, though.

Ariana,
I think you're amazing to have lost so well this week. Weigh to go, girl!
:cheer: and :bravo: Have a great time on vacation and chime in when you get back.

I just thunked myself on the head (with a V-8==it shoulda been!). Writing yesterday made me realize so much about my body at this point in my life.
Around Easter I did mindless eating and quickly put on 7#. In the past, those 7# would have come off quickly. Well, guess what? It's not the past anymore. I put it on in one week. Bein on program and exercising nicely, it's three weeks later and I still have only half the weight off. I have thrown away an entire month that could have been productive weight loss time. Ugh. My resolve is to face each day, avoid the dopey binges, and do the right thing.

This weekend I'm giving my daughter-bride-to-be a little luncheon here. She wanted a time to get her bridal party together to go over details about the wedding. I didn't ask what she wanted to eat. I simply determined that there isn't one of us who couldn't benefit from a simple lunch. I'm going to make it festive with pretty linen and decorations, etc. but the food is going to be very doable! I'm making a big tossed salad and then offering add ons for everyone. I'm making hard boiled eggs, grilled chicken, and I'm buying a little bit of cooked lobster. (yum) Then I'll have all sorts of veggies to add to the salad. It'll be a home made salad bar and I think it will be delicious as well figure friendly. I am making Diet Jello desserts in parfait glasses with fresh blueberries and strawberries and a bit of Cool Whip. I'll probably pick up a tiny dessert just in case, but that's it! Sounds good to me. Will help me keep on track and the girls too.

Well, guess I'll be going now.
Peony,
How are you doing? We can help you and you can help us, so chime in when you get a chance.

Bandit,
How are youdoing? WI tomorrow is your day too, right? Good luck! :bravo:

Kerri,
How are you? I envy your swimming and hope to get into the pool by June.

Everybody, have a good weekend and keep on track! :goodvibes:
Judy :cool:

Princess1122 05-01-2007 08:44 AM

Happy Tuesday!

Morning all...

W/I went very well on Saturday... I was down 2.6 lbs so that was a great feeling... of course my TOM is coming on so the loss was for but a fleeting moment...

Hope all is well with everyone... boy it is quiet around here lately...

Susan

bandit2 05-01-2007 10:28 AM

Hi turtles:

Princess - nice job on your weight loss. You always do so well, you should really be proud of yourself.

I stayed the same at my w/i so hoping for some kind of loss this week.
Haven't been faithful to being OP or my exercising.

My daughter came home yesterday from school - so hectic at home last night with bags & boxes of stuff everywhere. She is doing some courses at summer school starting next week & will stay up there during week for 2 nights. Then she is moving July 1st to different accommodations with another girl. Last year 4 of them shared a townhouse & ran into different problems (usual girl & $$ stuff) so hopefully will be nicer for her just with 1 to work things out with.

Any cool and overcast today.

Hi to everyone else.

Princess1122 05-02-2007 07:42 AM

Happy Wednesday!

Morning all.

Just a quick stop by to see what is going on... not much new here...

Susan

Itryharder 05-02-2007 11:00 AM

Susan,
That is a wonderful WI. You must be so proud to get rid of your Hawaii weight with such diligence. You're showing us some lessons here. Thanks!
I know you don't mean to be a "teacher", but honestly your dedication to losing your extra weight is wonderful. :cheer: I know the site has been quiet again. I checked in at least 8 times over the weekend, and nothing was happening. How is everyone doing?

Bandit, sorry you didn't lose this week, but you didn't gain either. Hope your dd has an easier time with just one roommate. Brings me back to when my dd had her fill of crazy roommates during college and then in early working years. egads, the stories were endless! She finally put some money together to buy a studio--and you guessed it--met her fiancee and now she's getting married. Wish her well! Right now they're keeping the studio and we'll see what happens next.

Ariana and Kerri and Peony, how are you guys doing? chime in when you can.

Hey guys, I'm off to visit and have a long weekend vacation. You all take care, keep the site going, and send me good vibes. :beach:
Judy

Itryharder 05-02-2007 07:32 PM

Hi Turtles,
I went to my WI and was up 2#. I'll do better. I hope to maintain over the next six days when I'll be traveling to my sisters in the south. I let myself get a little anxious about the trip and overeat. I have to do better and I will.
Judy

Princess1122 05-03-2007 07:51 AM

Morning all!

Happy Thursday!

Judy: The scale is up for me too right now... I know you will have a great time with your sister - just try and eat as well as you can and take some walks and you will do fine...

Not much else is new with me right now... just chugging along!

Talk to you all later...

Princess1122 05-07-2007 10:27 AM

Hello...

Went to W/I on Saturday but was up 2.6, partly because I ate too much last week and partly due to TOM... oh well, can't win em all :D

How is everyone doing? It sure is quiet around here lately...

Hope all is well with everyone!
Princess

bandit2 05-07-2007 10:16 PM

Hi everyone:

We all sound the same. I was up .4# at my w/i Fri so that wasn't good.

Off to Vegas this Sun so that will be fun.

Nothing much new up here. Weather has been great.

Talk soon.

Princess1122 05-08-2007 08:32 AM

Happy Tuesday!

Morning all!

We have been enjoying really nice weather also Bandit! It just makes me feel so much better when it is sunny and warm... funny how that works. DH and I spent the weekend working in the yard and gardens... got the vegetable beds tilled and more flowers planted... put up some cedar borders on the flower beds and planted some small bushes... felt great and it was a very productive weekend even with the gain ;)

Ariana: How are you doing? Are you back from vacation yet?

Judy: Hope you are having a great time with your family!

Bandit: Have a great time in Vegas, I have never been there but I hear it is a blast! Win Big!

Kerri: How are you doing?

Peony: How are you doing?

Princess

Ariana2000 05-08-2007 04:03 PM

Hello, ladies. How is everyone?

Before I catch everyone up, I havea favor to ask. I can't find the part of my WW literature that lists goal weights. I know that my maximum weight for my height is 130 (at least I've always thought it was) -- can someone tell me what the weight range is for someone who is a woman, and 5'3"? I'd prefer the number from the "old" system, before last year's change, but if you guys only have the "new" numbers (the change they introduced last year), can you tell me what my "new" daily points and flex points total would be? I have no literature on the "new" version.

Now, for the catch up: First of all, thank you everyone for the good wishes -- I did enjoy my vacation, even if I was exhausted through most of it. Last week was rough -- between going to the doctor, the grocery store, getting my car serviced and moving offices, I was either out at lunch, working through lunch to make up the difference, ro without my work computer. But I'm back now. Last week was very hard, I was fall down exhausted all week -- but I have been under a lot of stress these last two weeks, and I'm starting to feel like a human being again (more rested.) I gained .6 last week, which is fine, considering that I was on vacation for four days in Phoenix, so half a pound is fine. Other than that, I'm okay. Yeah, just okay. The best news so far this week is that my Dad will be in San Diego for work for a week, not this week, but next week, and he invited me to come spend the weekend with him, like the little Daddy-Daughter vacation trips that we used to take together when I was a kid. He's generously paying for my airfare and my hotel room, and I am most definitely looking forward to it. I'm arriving Friday at 4 pm, and returning at 10 pm Sunday. I think it will be a blast. :)

Princess: Sorry about your weight gain. it's temporary, you can knock it down again! Glad to hear that you are enjoying the nice weather.

Judy: It's important to recognize the way your body and metabolism are changing, and how that affects your weight loss. Keep going at it, and don't beat yourself up about past mistakes; learn from them, and move on. Beating yourself up about it is pointless, and accomplishes nothing. Move on, move forward, move downward. You can, and what's more, YOU WILL. I am behind on my goal for the year (by about 3 pounds :eep: but if I have to adjust my goal, I will -- I just focus on my overall trend being downward. If it takes me a while, that's okay -- I WILL get there, and so WILL you.) Okay, I got carried away with the capitalization, but as you can imagine, I am emphatic about this. :D Re brunch: I think your idea is delicious and healthy. Good job! Did you have fun on your long weekend?

Well, ladies, back to work. Have a good afternoon!
Bandit -- you can go back to losing, but it may take going back to working out and staying OP. Whatever it takes, I have faith that you can do it. Sorry about the madness with your DD being hope, but I am sure it is nice to have her around, isn't it?

Princess1122 05-09-2007 08:24 AM

Happy Hump Day!

Morning all... not much new here... starting a new Pilates class this evening, it is a step up from my last one but all in all that makes Pilates four times a week for the next two months... may be too much but will have to wait and see.

Ariana: I think I have the info that you need but I did not bring it with me today... I will have to dig around for my older book... the new one is based on age, height, current weight and sex M/F... my DH gets like 40 points a day with the new program... and I ended up getting less... not fair but the way it is none the less... Are you looking for what your goal weight range is or your point range? I believe I have the info for both. Glad you had a great time on vacation, too cool that you are going to spend the weekend with your dad...

All: How is everyone else doing?

Ariana2000 05-09-2007 03:53 PM

Ladies: Just checking in. Not much is new. They are anticipating that it will get to be 100 degrees this weekend. Blech.

Princess: Re your pilates class: You may be surprised at what you can do. Re points and weight values: I want to know what my weight range is supposed to be under the old plan (I'm 5'3"); I know my point range on the old plan. If no one has the info on the old plan anymore, then I'd like to know what my new weight range and point range are on the new plan, and if you could tell me what the important differences are, so that I "do it right." Thank you.

Princess1122 05-09-2007 04:09 PM

Ariana: I will bring my book with me tomorrow and send you the info... sorry to ask but how old are you? I believe the old plan goes by gender, age and height but I may be wrong. Anywho... I will bring both the new and old book with me tomorrow so that I can give you all the info you need...

No major changes in the plan with the exception that they changed how the points are calculated... men seem to get more and women get more or less depending on their height... I would imagine that you may get one less based on your height... that is what happened to me... I am just under 5'7 and women have to be above that to stay the same as the old plan or even to get additional points. Do you use the points slide to figure out your points on new food items? if so, do you use the newer slide? The one that will only go up to 4 grams of fiber instead of the old way that went up to like 8 or 10 (but that was years ago so you most likely use the newer model of the pointsfinder slide.

I will be back in the morning to get you the info!
Susan

Itryharder 05-09-2007 06:51 PM

Hi Turtles,
I'm back and exhausted. It's like coming home to old friends to read your posts. I had a wonderful time and will write more tomorrow.
Judy

Princess1122 05-10-2007 08:08 AM

Ariana: I am so sorry... I forgot to bring my books with me today... I will try and remember to put them in my bag tonight that way I won't forget them tomorrow... I apologize. :^:

Judy: Welcome home! Glad you had a good time!

Itryharder 05-10-2007 08:55 AM

Dear Turtles,
I'm heading away for another long weekend. I'm going to start a new thread and wish us all well. You guys are the greatest. :goodvibes:
Judy