View Poll Results: Favourite (ahem) position?
I'm on top! 3 18.75%
Good old missionary/CAT 4 25.00%
Spoons 0 0%
Lie back and think of England (or wherever/whoever!) 0 0%
I don't care as long as the lights are off 0 0%
Doggie style 2 12.50%
Standing up/On the stairs/In the shower 0 0%
Not till I'm married, matey! 0 0%
Outdoors type 1 6.25%
Anything goes... (not sure we need details!) 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2001, 06:58 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking Fabulous Friday

Friday!
Sorry - I could only think of a rude thread. I hope I didn't offend anyone?!
Hello girls, I still don't have any good news for you. But KT - I feel for you on the "thought I had a job, oh no I don't" front. Speaking of the job situation, what has happened to Kay?
BF and I had to meet some Swedish journalists in the pub last night, but their flight was delayed so they didn't make it. We did manage to upset some Norwegians by asking if they were Swedish (v bad thing to ask a Norwegian!).
I will hopefully do a non-drinking week next week but this weekend is out. I will try to be good though.
Stacey - you sound really motivated. Can't wait to hear how well you do next week at WI!
JenL - glad you're not going to quit. Stick to it. Even if you are trying to get pregnant it's apparently easier if you are at the right weight, plus less to lose after the birth.
Trish - living with BF is going really well. Only tricky issue was me wanting to put up pictures on the walls (I have a couple of glass frames in which I put lots of pics and change them every so often). BF isn't keen on having photos of friends or whatever on the walls. I don't mind, but I do like seeing those I love around me, so I'm sure we'll work out a compromise! At the moment I only have a couple of prints up (a Monet and an original watercolour of this place I used to go to as a kid in Scotland). But he'll get fed up with bare walls soon...
Lisa - hope you had a good dinner, saying you are driving is a great excuse to avoid boozing. Another one is that you are on antibiotics.
Kim - hope your dog is better now. Poor thing! Hooray on your new niece! I'm off to see the alien (Eilidh Anne, my niece) next week.
Tonya - did your DH have a good birthday?
Belle, Lolly, Ali, Kierie, Sarah, Shalyne, JenK and all the usual "faces" (sorry, I ran out of memory) - get online now!!!
Kirsty
Old 11-16-2001, 07:10 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Kirsty: Interesting poll, no worries, I am certainly not offended

Anyhoo, I am off to Montreal this weekend but have a billion and 10 things to do here today.... I'll skip half of my wordprocessing class to get everything done, don't worry, considering I got 100% on the last exam I am not worried. My marks have totally rocked thus far with my lowest mark being an 83% so I am happy.

Work is going well, I worked yesterday evening and had fun. I am so worried for my co-workers. My mall is accross the street from the G-20 conference and protesters are milling into the city.

Grrrrr.... woke up at about 4 am this morning to some people yelling outside... the joys of living downtown, I usually stay asleep, but when someone is repeatedly yelling it can get aggrevating... My body was too tired to get up and call the men in blue.

Anyhoo, have a good day!

Ali
Old 11-16-2001, 07:42 AM   #3  
Scotland's finest export

ali - have a fab time in montreal. and well done on your marks - you're going to be top of your year at this rate! i hate it when noisy people in the street wake you. the other night i got woken up by a cat outside. it was miaowing really loudly and it must have got into my dream cos i had a dream that i had a kitten and it was outside and wanted in. so i woke up and almost went to the back door to let it in till i remembered i didn't have a kitten. (not yet anyhow! i'm working on it! we also have a deaf neighbour who likes to watch "see, hear" at full volume in the middle of the night (it's a programme for deaf/blind people). but my new place is much quieter than my old place, a lot less traffic which really helps.
can you tell i'm a professional procrastinator?
kirsty
Old 11-16-2001, 08:49 AM   #4  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hey girls,

Kirsty - dinner actually went really well. I asked her to save all the packages. Since there were three packages - it was pretty easy to figure the points. I had an 1/8 of the dish and each of the packages called a serving 1/8 of the package.... anyway - it ended up being 10 points for the pasta bake, not bad!

AND - the berry torte was only 4 points! (again I made them save the package.) It's a small torte from Trader Joes. 1/8 of the torte was 160 calories and 6 grams of fat. So really I was even under my max yesterday which made me very happy!

Ali - Have a great time in Montreal. I love Montreal. I am giong back again this year for New Years. Have you ever been to Sir Winston Churchill's on Crescent St? That's my favorite place there.

Have a great Friday.
Lisa
Old 11-16-2001, 11:08 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

TGIF!!! I WI in tomorrow after being on vacation for 9 days... YIKES. I am a bit worried.

I made the balsamic chicken recipe that was posted on the recipe thread it was good. Hubby even like it. It was different in a tangy way. I pulled the recipe thread up for everyone else. I like the idea of posting our favorite recipes!

Is anyone game for a journal thread?? I have tried starting these in the past, but no one ever posted on them. I think these types of things are very helpful, especially when you are in a rut. At least they help me. I lurk on other boards just to get meal plans, etc to help me!

Kirsty, interesting poll topic. Fitting for a Friday!

WOW Lisa, these must be good friends of yours. I am too meek to ask people to save the packages. I would think that they would think I am nuts. Good thing you did!

Ali, Loud people are what I hated the most about college. That and Drunk, Loud people!!! There is this kid that lives near us that blasts his car stereo so loud when he drives by that it will actually shake the house sometimes. It has even woken Emma. I know a neighbor once called the cops on him tho, didn't stop him. No respect!

Back to work...Bluchhhh!
Old 11-16-2001, 12:17 PM   #6  
Running Babe

Lisa: Neat, yeah I should be in Montreal for New Year's.... though I start classes on January 2nd in Ottawa. I've never really been in to the downtown Montreal bar scene.... I know more of Ottawa's and Sherbrookes. I've been to the Peel Pub, Angels, Gert's and a few of the Irish Pubs... I haven't been in ages though, I usually just go to bars on the West Island which is west of Downtown. Have a blast though when you're there.

Jen: yeah, noise does suck, but I live at a busy area of the downtown, so I guess I have to put up with it, usually I am fine though, especially considering the fact that I have 3 brothers . I am so undiscpilined about Journalling, maybe a thread would be good.

Kirsty: I know, I think I want a cat eventually. The thing is, where I live is a fabulous location... I can basically walk everywhere and I do... it has helped with my weight maintanance like anything, but the noise can bite a lot.

I think Belle was moving in to her new place this week if I am not mistaken... She'll probably be around next week,

Take Care!

Ali
Old 11-16-2001, 12:21 PM   #7  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jen,

Thanks. You're right, they are very good friends. I wouldn't ask some friends, but these I knew I could. They're so cute - they made french bread and put mozzerella cheese on it. They were like "Oh, no Lisa, I'm sorry, I forgot not to put cheese on all of it." I just didn't have any, but it was sweet they felt so bad about it. I told them I could have had some if I wanted and that it was no big deal.

They're always asking me "how many points is this?" when we go out. Most everyone is supportive.

HOWEVER - one of my close friends is NOT being supportive. We work together. Anyway, she gets so mad when I don't join them when they go out to lunch. Sometimes I do, but I ate out last night, and tonight's my roommate's birthday so I'm eating out; so when they asked if I wanted to join them I said "I'm going out to dinner tonight, so I just brought my lunch, but thanks." Anyway she rolled her eyes and was like "Oh, you can only go out to eat once a week? Funny it's never with us." She was so rude. Anyway, I don't care. I have goals and eating out 3 times in 2 days will not help me reach my goals. I refuse to be weak and go just to make them happy.

Sorry - I had to vent!

Lisa
Old 11-16-2001, 12:22 PM   #8  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Ali - I've been to Peel's Pub!!! Cheep beer!!!!! I stayed at a hotel on Peel St, so one night we just hopped over for a drink or two. I love Montreal.

Lisa
Old 11-16-2001, 01:42 PM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Lisa, my former best friend did the same thing to me. Prior to getting PG, I had lost about 30 pounds. I was in her wedding and she made a huge deal about the dresses only being in low sizes, but I could have a "special" dress made for me. I kept telling her that I lost weight and the dress would fit fine. Well then when she finally saw me (we lived in different cities) she got all mad and wouldn't talk to me. She is short and heavy, maybe an 18, so she didn't like that I was losing weight. I said POOO ON YOU!!!

Friends can be so strange!

By the way... Lisa, you have lost a lot since you used to post here. Have any new pics of yourself???
Old 11-16-2001, 02:11 PM   #10  

Default Argghh!!

Well, I was THE SAME again at WI!!! I am getting really frustrated...I did really well this week-journalled everything and stayed within my points all days but one!!!! ARRGHHH!!! I actaully had tears in my eyes, I am so frustrated...but I am not giving up!!!!! I stayed OP....didn't give in to the urge to have a snack to 'cheer myself up" . I have to WI early next week b/c of Thanksgiving...hopefully the losses will be showing up by then....
Old 11-16-2001, 02:19 PM   #11  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jen,

Thanks for sharing. It's awful when people you care about aren't supportive. The thing is, she's 5'8" and only weighs 105... so she has a hard time understanding why it's so hard for me. She's the type that "forgets to eat" and gets full after a couple bites of something.

I will have to dig up a new picture and scan it in.

Lori,

That happens to me a lot. But the thing is, I'll stay the same for two weeks even after working really hard, and then the next week I'll lose 3 pounds or something. As long as you're doing well the results will show up eventually. We only lose out when we give up. My leader suggests to start measuring things out again to remind ourselves what a cup really looks like. Sometimes our portions creep up on us. It's not always the case, you're most likely doing everything right - and it will show up very soon. But sometimes it's good check on ourselves.

Is it 5:00 yet?????

Lisa
Old 11-16-2001, 02:27 PM   #12  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Hang in there, Lori!!

I'm sure the scale will tell the truth soon!! Hey, at least you weren't bad! The scale won't show badness next week!
I'm feeling kindof poopy right now. I didn't have any protein until lunch and it's taking awhile to kick in. Rather draggy.
So, has anyone seen the Harry Potter movie, yet?
Kirsty: have you talked to Lolly?
Belle, come out, come out wherever you are!!
Kay: How is the job hunt coming along?
I haven't done a stitch of work today!! I was busy with a coworkers wedding gift this morning and my boss is gone now for a few hours. So, poop on work!
Actually, I need to have something done before she gets back, so I guess I'd better get started.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!!!
Tilley: I had a friend who was doing WW at the same time and it became a contest of losing for her. THen, one of her friends became a leader and she would hang out after her meetings. I couldn't help but wonder if she looked at my card. She would make comments like, "So and So said you weren't at WI last night" I finally told her I didn't like being "watched" By anyone!!
But oh well. I don't think she's going to that meeting anymore and we hardly ever talk.

I'm ready for five oclock, too!
Old 11-16-2001, 03:26 PM   #13  
Parrothead

Default Hi all!

Hi everyone. I've been kinda absent lately because I am trying to keep my phone lines open. Still no job or leads. I have been sending out the resume like crazy, but still NOTHING! Its been frustrating, but hopefully something will come up soon. I'm either over or under qualified for everything. And it doesn't help that Austin isn't that large of a town.

On the WW front, I think I am up quite a bit this month (like 2 or 3 lbs.). I've been really good the past couple of days so I am planning on doing my monthly WI on Tuesday. I need to pay the piper one day. I'm leaving for California on Wednesday and really looking forward to the break. DH and I are going out there to visit a friend for Thanksgiving. I've never been to Santa Barbara before and I really miss my friend. She's one of my best friends and it will be nice to see her. We'll probably get a lot of walking in, so the diet will stay on track.

Anyway, I need to free up the 'puter. Say some prayers for me that I find something (otherwise DH and I will never have enough money for a home). Take care!
K
Old 11-17-2001, 01:17 PM   #14  

Angry Jen, intrested in journal

Jen,

I am really intrested in starting a journal thread. I am kind of a newbie to ww. I started a month ago I started at 135 and today I am 128.5-yeh!!!!!! Oprah's website has onlie journaling, but this would be much more convenient. This is a great website, I haven't posted many messages, just mainly read them. I am surprised no one chats. Everytime I log in to the chat there is no one in there. But I would really like to have a buddy, if anyone would like one. Just so we stay motivated!!! I have looked through some of the recipes that you guys have posted and they are great!! Well, I'll check back in later-go to keep working. (yes, I have to work on Saturdays) Everyone have a good weekend.
Closed Thread