Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2001, 10:02 PM   #16  
Susan

Hey All,

Hope you are all ready for Turkey Day!!! We have the whole week off and I need it. I have only a few things planned. One, I'm having a lump taken out of my arm on Monday. Playing the rest of the week.

Laura, loved your condensed version of comments!! That was very creative. Welcome back! We've missed you.

Tina, I'm impressed!! Cooking a turkey!! Mine comes from Colter's BBQ. I order a smoked one and it comes with the gravy. I'll pick it up on Wed. We have a couple of people coming over. I was hoping my brother would come but he is going to some girl's house.

Tammy, I think you would love the Multiple Handicap class. Aren't conferences fun! In special ed, many parents don't come!

Dee, I'm sorry you've been feeling blue. Maybe your boyfriend will change his mind about coming out.

Have a great weekend.

Susan
Old 11-17-2001, 09:56 AM   #17  

I only have 5 years of teaching after this one. My team teacher has the same amount. I think we'll probably hang out together till the end, LOL. But the MH class is a thought to keep in the back of my head!

We have school on Monday and Tuesday. Everything we are doing deals with Thanksgiving, so those days will be fun as well as educational. We'll be having a pumpkin pie snack on Tuesday afternoon.

Tim loves the dances! He's a dancing fool! Mostly he slow dances with a special girl, but last night a group of 8th grade girls grabbed a bunch of the 8th grade boys and they were fast dancing. He even enjoyed that.

He does have a special girl that he is "going out with". Still haven't figured out where they are going. LOL He did dance 6 of the 7 slow songs with her. Couldn't find her on the other one!

I love weekends!
Old 11-17-2001, 11:43 AM   #18  
Thursday Lady

Susan, what time is your surgery? I want to be thinking of you at that specific time. Is it a very large lump? It's a good thing you can take it easy after that.

The turkey came out great! It is so juicy and tender. Now the giblets------ I threw them out. They looked so gross! I just couldn't keep on cooking those things. Larry will have to suffer without this year.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'm definitely staying OP today.
Old 11-19-2001, 07:42 PM   #19  
Susan

Hi all,

I survived my surgery for the lump on my arm. It was scheduled at 11 but the doctor was at another hospital helping with a surgery, so I got in at 12:00pm. I hated having to wait. Nothing to eat since 7pm the night before makes you just a little hungry. We stopped at Sonic on the way home. I was only given a twilight medication so I came home and slept off an on. I feel pretty good.

Sorry Tina that I didnt' answer your questions sooner. Glad the turkey turned out good. I would know what to do with the giblets either. That's why I order a smoked turkey and gravy from Colter's bbq.

Hope everyone is ready for Thanksgiving. We all have so much to be Thankful for. I can't wait to put up my Christmas decorations either. Those will most likely go up on Friday.

Tammy, wish I only had 5 years left of teaching! I counted and I think I have about 14 years left. Wow, that seems like a long time.

Be careful if you are traveling. Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving. I sure am thankful for the friends I have made here on this board!!

Susan
Old 11-19-2001, 10:37 PM   #20  
Thursday Lady

Good evening all,

Susan, I'm so glad the surgery went well. Yuk! Having to wait that long for the surgery without eating was surely no fun. I would probably have fainted from hunger and wouldn't have needed a shot.

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving. I might not get back on the board before then.

Like Susan, I am very thankful for our friendship here. What a great group!

Tina
Old 11-21-2001, 11:11 AM   #21  

Default Happy Thanksgiving!

Just wanted to wish all of you a very happy holiday!

Laura~
Old 11-21-2001, 04:15 PM   #22  

I also want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Even though I don't know you personally face to face, I feel like I can talk to you about so many different issues. Thanks for being there, and thanks so much for being my friends!

Love you guys!! Tammy
Old 11-22-2001, 11:59 AM   #23  
Susan

Happy Turkey Day!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Ditto, Tammy!!! That's my exact feelings.

Thanks for being so great ya'll!!

Susan
Old 11-22-2001, 05:38 PM   #24  
Thursday Lady

Happy Turkey Day to everyone!!!!!

I am sooooo stuffed. And, I was very careful with my portion size. I drank a lot of stuff--I guess that filled me up, too.

We got home safely from picking up my father-in-law. It takes 6 1/2 hrs. each way. I was so tired this morning. Then, I got to bake the pumpkin pie, make the fresh cranberry sauce, the sweet potato casserole and the dressing.
We ate lunch at my sister's. Tonight, we'll have a small family meal here.

How was everyone's day. You Canadians, when is your Thanksgiving? I'm sorry but I can't remember.

It's time to go ride my exercycle. It's raining out so walking is out.

Tina
Old 11-23-2001, 01:03 PM   #25  

I did great on the eating yesterday! I was very proud of myself. I did indulge and had some wine during the day. I don't do that very often.

My brothers and their families will be here this afternoon at 5:00. We have cut back on the menu this year. We always have way too much food.

Tomorrow morning my shopping buddies and I are leaving for southern Indiana for an overnight shopping trip. We are staying in a bed and breakfast in a little canal town. There are over 100 little shops. We went there last year and had a great time. Hoping it's as much fun as it was last year.

I have my credit card polished for shopping efficiency!! LOL
Old 11-24-2001, 08:56 PM   #26  
Susan

Hi,

Tammy, hope you have a blast shopping!!

Tina, where does your father in law live? That was sweet that ya'll picked him up.

We had a fairly quiet day. A friend came over for dinner and left a pecan pie. As soon as she left, I threw it out. It was hard to do, but had too!

Don't feel too great this afternoon and evening... those darn allergies!

Pat put up the Christmas lights and I put up the wreath, stockings and nativity scene. Hopefully we'll get a tree tomorrow.

Have a safe evening. I'm sitting here enjoying " Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" Somethings never change!!!

Susan
Old 11-24-2001, 10:03 PM   #27  
Thursday Lady

Good evening.

Susan, you are much braver (or should I say better) than me. Throwing out a pecan pie. Larry would say that was sacreligious.

My father-in-law lives in Abilene. Ever heard of it? My husband came to Houston to school so he could surf at Galveston! Yes, I married a surfer. He's way too big to surf now. We have bodyboards now. he..he..
How does your arm feel? Does it throb? Do you have many stitches in it?

I am sure Tammy is having a ball. I hope her credit card survives.

I took a very long walk today. I didn't move very fast but kept up a steady pace.
Tonight, I watched that movie, You've Got Mail . Has anyone seen it? I own a copy of it and play it once in awhile.

I have not started decorating for Christmas yet. I want to wait until November is over with. My sister gave us a Thanksgiving arrangement in a cornucopia basket. I love it!!! I'm not ready to get rid of it--I'll wait until the flowers wilt--which will be soon.

I'm writing a book tonight.

I hope everyone continues having a great Turkey weekend.

Love ya,
Tina
Old 11-24-2001, 10:22 PM   #28  
Susan

Tina, I've heard of Abilene just once or twice My husband was born there.

That's funny about surfing.

I love "You've got mail" I've seen it so many times I could say all of the lines. I had to throw the pie away. If not, I'd have eaten the WHOLE thing.

The arm doesn't hurt at all. Needed no pain pills or anything. They put those strips across it and they will come off in about a week ( on their own.) It feels like a big bruise. It's starting to itch so I know it is healing.

Enjoy the flowers!

Susan
Old 11-24-2001, 10:32 PM   #29  
Thursday Lady

Susan,
Pat is from Abilene????? That's something!!!!!

What part of town did he live in? That's a silly question since I get turned around there everytime I go.

Did he go to college there? There are 3 of them there.

Got to get to bed pretty soon. I'm wiped out from the holiday.
Hope you feel better from your allergies.
Old 11-24-2001, 10:36 PM   #30  
Susan

Tina

Pat was born there. His family was in the military and were on the base there. He travelled all over.

I'm pretty wiped out too. I'm off to bed too! Sleep good and don't let the bed bugs bite.

Susan
Closed Thread