Old 04-09-2007, 04:27 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi ladies - well it is snowing here. Mustn't know its spring. We had light snow most of the weekend. Time for some warmer weather.

Next month I go to Vegas & hopefully will be hot there.

I have not been doing great food-wise. Was up 1.6# over last 2 weeks at w/i so have to behave.

Hope everyone is doing well & talk soon. Bye for now.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 11:01 AM   #17  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Ariana,
Thanks for the tips. What is making me eat is so stupid I could scream! Maybe I should have screamed instead. Okay, in a nutshell--I was going crazy trying to "diet" too hard because of my poor blood workup results. I've got to raise my HDL and lower my triglycerides. Well, I was really trying hard, was getting cranky, and emotionally wacko. So, my dh suggested a small treat to break the anxiety. Trust me, it was a good idea up to a point. The problem is that I am a "rules" person and I felt I broke the rules and couldn't get back on track. Well, that was a good week ago and I've gained 7 pounds in the interim. I know those pounds will go, but not all of them will go fast and here I am again up and down with the same stupid pounds. My time right now is being used in ways that I don't choose and I'm finding myself in a ridiculous situation. It's time for me to put myself first, help out all I can without straining myself and causing me to overeat. That's my aim!!! I can do this. I threw ice cream out this morning, all the Easter goodies are gone==given away or tossed==and I have a meal plan for the rest of the day. I'm back on track, but I want to do better than this. I want to head off the going off track before I start. That's what I'm aiming to do and I'd appreciate everyone's support. :

Ariana,
as far as M goes, it's sounding really good. Good luck with You're doing great.

Bandit, I am so glad you report you weight losses and gains because it helps me to see that our journeys are similar and that when we focus and exercise, we lose weight. When just the slightest overeating occurs, we don't lose weight and we often gain. I'm sending you because I know how much you want to lose weight and you know how much I want to!!! We have done this and we can do this!! for all our outstanding efforts. We will conquer this in small pieces.

Kerri, how's FL going? How is your food been now that doggies are gone?
Hope all is well. Hop in when you can.

Okay guys, hope I didn't tell you more than you want to hear. Be well and happy and keep on keepin' on.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 03:51 PM   #18  

Ladies: Good afternoon. How is everyone? Not much is new with me. I started back working out last night, and I worked an hour of OT. I'm a bit tired, but not much, and sore, but in a good way. Other than that, life is fairly usual. The stress level is not as bad as usual, it's leveled out at a "hard pressed" rather than a "frantic", which is an improvement.

Bandit -- sorry about the cold weather. It is a bit cooler here than it has been lately, 75 degrees now, with a high of 81 degrees. Vegas is fun, and I think it is usually as hot as AZ, so you should get your wish. Sorry about your weight gain. That is hard. Do you know what happened? Do you know what made you not "behave"? I have faith that you will get back on track. Write back soon, and let us know how you are doing.

Judy: I hope the tips help. Screaming is not necessarily a bad idea. Swearing makes me feel better too. I think with a major diet change, it's better to take it slow, unless your doctor said that you're in an emergency state, and you must change your diet completely immediately. Assuming that your health will allow it, I would suggest transitioning gradually over to your new plan. If you would prefer to leap into it with abandon, then that's okay too, but be more forgiving of yourself. When you slip, think about why it occurred, and make a plan for avoiding it in the future. I am a rules person too, so I try not to break the rules -- it's a slippery slope, and it might be better for you to not break or bend them. But if you can, ease into this gradually. I feel like I am being very redundant here, but I want to emphasize this. Also, do not beat yourself up over any perceived slips. That accomplishes absolutely nothing, and can actually increase your propensity to break the rules again (in my experience.) Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and go for it again. Which is sounds like you are doing, which is wonderful! Yes, put yourself first, get this back into an acceptable range, work with your plan, knock 'em dead! We are rooting for you! (And don't worry about telling us more than we want to hear -- we are here for you, right guys?) Re M: things are really good; I am happy, it's been a long time since I've felt this way about anyone, maybe never.

Well, ladies, it's back to work for me. Write when you get a chance!
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #19  
Kerri

S/C/G: 222/204/146

Height: 5"3"

Hi to you all...I sure hope you had a wonderful Holiday if you celebrate it...

I was with out a PC for several days I am so behind on work...No phones as they work together..Verizon finally got it all back again...

Judy..You can do it..I know its so hard but just keep trying and you will get the HDL up and lower the triglycerides. I know how you feel with weight gain..It took me weeks to get that weight off from my trip...Don't try quite so hard..I know easier said then done... maybe this will help a little...

I need to get..but I will be back tomorrow...Have a great evening...
kerriscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:11 AM   #20  
Chick

Ariana and Kerri,
THanks for the boost. I'll put your suggestions to work and the fairy dust will certainly help. I've already lost 2# and the idea is to keep on doing what I did yesterday. You're right. I can do this!!!!
for the turtles and the www.3fatchicks.com
Love you all,
I'm off to cut up some cucumbers and defrost something yummy for dinner.
Judy
Old 04-12-2007, 03:20 PM   #21  

Ladies: Good afternoon. How is everyone? I'm fine here...having some frustrations at work, but it's not terrible. I had my WI last night, and I maintained, which is AWESOME considerin that I did not work out at all last week, while I was recuperating. I was fully expecting to regain all I had lost last week, due to my inactivity. I have been working out again this week; I've already been M-W, and I'm going tomorrow night. Tonight I'm working OT.

Hey, I forgot to tell you guys -- my second credit card is down to $200. I should be able to pay it off with the next paycheck, then on to my third card. I've gone from $8,000 of credit card debt to $1900. It's been hard work, but I'll be credit card debt-free in just a few months. <big grin>

Kerri: Happy Easter. I don't celebrate it, but I had a great Sunday anyway. Sorry about your computer trouble. Being in PC withdrawal is tough! Take care.

Judy: You're welcome. Congrats on the WL, that is great!

Anyway, nothing else to report. Chime in when you get a chance and take care!
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:31 PM   #22  
Kerri

Ariana, That is so wonderful... Proud of you girl that was a hard road to go...
It was terrible to be without my PC...

Bandit, I love Vegas, I do get into trouble there sometimes...

Judy..Good for you with 2#s..I hope to get there in the AM for my weigh-in..

Sure hope you all are having a wonderful week..Strawberries are so in here ,and I made the best dessert and have been enjoying it too much..It is legal ..
Old 04-13-2007, 11:59 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Friday Ladies!!!!

Greetings!

Well I tried to get caught up on the posts but it is just too overwhelming right now... I have serious jetlag and stayed home yesterday... today I am just trying to get thru the piles of stuff on my desk... I know I am up on the scale but I can honestly say that I tried pretty hard to eat right.

I will catch up with everyone later on, I just wanted to say hello and to tell everyone that we had a wonderful, awesome time!

Susan
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 12:00 PM   #24  
Chick

Ariana,
My goodness! You are awesome with cutting your cc way down. Way to go! Also fantastic about your : Am glad you are back to and working out because it has such wonderful outcomes.

Kerri,
Strawberries are among my favorite fruits. Enjoy, enjoy. In season they are so much better. Good luck on this week's WI.

Bandit,
How's everything going?
Hey, I think Princess is back now. Hope she had a great time.

All goes well here. I'm knocking off some of the superficial weight. I plan on getting on the today and keeping on eating well.
Take care.
Judy
Have a great weekend.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:37 PM   #25  
Kerri

Susan ,welcome back...So glad you had fun...I know how you feel, I was a mess when I got back from my trip...Ya know what they all told me , don't worry about catching up,,But I felt like I had to know what everyone was doing while I was away....

Judy, My weigh in was OK down .02....well its down at least.....

Bandit, I sure hope your weather is better...It sure is hot here..well into the 80s the pool here was sure a busy place today....
Old 04-13-2007, 08:51 PM   #26  
Chick

Princess,
Our posts crossed in cyberspace! So glad you're back and that you had a wonderful time in Hawaii. Glad you touched base.

Bandit, I hope you're starting to warm up. My ds and his family are out in AZ for a vacation and unfortunately they'll be returning on Monday with all the bad weather predictions again. Hey, are we getting spring this year or not?

Kerri,
Glad to hear from you again. Aren't you lucky to have the pool and easy access? Yeah, it's hard to go on vacation, do the best you can, and still have extra body baggage to get rid of. We've all been there and done that and we'll help Princess all we can. In the meantime, glad the scale went down instead of up. We can do this!! :

Ariana,
Here it is the weekend again. Have a great time.

Judy
Old 04-16-2007, 09:00 AM   #27  

Default Happy Monday!

Morning all!

Well I am still suffering from the dreaded jetlag but it is starting to get a bit better... my sleep pattern is all messed up and since it was not that great to begin with this has really taken its toll. I will get back on track though and have been on track with my WW but the exercise has slipped a bit... went to my Pilates class on Saturday and that was rough but in the end it felt great. Went to W/I and was up 4.4 lbs but all in all I was ok with that since the vacation played a huge part of it and it could have been way worse.

It is cold here, I really miss that warm weather when you don't even have to think about what to wear... you throw on some capri's or shorts and you are good to go... here you have to get all bundled up... yuck! The weather guy says that warmer weather is on the way soon... I will be ready for it when it gets here.

DH rejoined WW with me on Saturday and that was just wonderful for me... I really missed having him as my W/L partner. He had gained some back but he will be back down again in no time... he loses it so much easier then I.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

I will stop back later on.
Susan
Old 04-16-2007, 03:29 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Still pretty cool up here & today it is raining. I swear, I spent most of the weekend inside curled up watching TV. A friend of mine came over FRi & we drank too much. I think lately that is the problem with my lack of w/loss.

Princess - hope you enjoyed your trip even with a gain. Any pictures I see from there are amazing.

Judy - hope you are hanging in there. You are right, we seem to be on the same page lots of times.

Ariana - hope you are doing well.

And everyone else, lets get our butts in gear & lose a few this week.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:13 AM   #29  

Default Happy Tuesday!

Morning all,

Sunny here today and supposed to reach 70 degrees! It's only 39 now so we have a way to go but what the heck... lol...

Slowly getting back into the swing of things... got on the scale this morning and it is moving downward fast... almost too fast... I wonder if it is broken... lol! I have high hopes for this weeks W/I... TOM is over and I am back on track with food and pilates... now I just need to work on the cardio... I will be getting on that tonight after work.

How is everyone else doing? Has Chris checked in lately?

Have a happy day!
Susan
Old 04-17-2007, 09:56 AM   #30  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit,
I like your message to kick in gear and lose a few. After my weeklong binge and gaining 7#, I skipped WW WI last week. Just couldn't face it. In the meantime, I've been working pretty well and have lost 4 of those pounds. Truth be told, tomorrow is my WI and I'll still be up 3 which will hurt, but I am going to WI. I've got to stop doing stupid things. First stupid thing was trying to "diet" instead of eating correct foods. That led me to a 7-day binge that was also stupid because I should have stopped and corrected it and I chose to keep going. So now I'm trying to be patient and still knock off this extra weight. I swear I am going to get to onederland this year. I have to!!!!

Princess,
Glad to see the vacation weight is coming off and you're doing well. This is great news. My dh and 2 dds went to Hawaii about 8 years ago and thought it was fabulous. Because of living on the east coast and the length of the travel, I don't think I'll return, but Hawaii holds many fond memories for me. Glad you and dh had a chance to get there.

Chris hasn't chimed in lately. I miss her and wish her well.

All goes well and hectic here. Ds and his family flew into our local airport from AZ vacation and decided to stop here overnight before taking their 5+ hour trip home. I hope to have a nice visit with them before they drive upstate. Wish me well that I don't overeat about silly things.
Judy