Old 03-03-2007, 11:48 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Default Thursday Chatters for March

It's March. this year is flying by like the last one.....

If you weigh-in on Thursdays or if you used to weigh-in on Thursdays or if you just want to talk with this great group, please post here.

Everyone have a great weekend.

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:15 PM   #2  
Susan

Thanks for starting us off Tina! It's hard to believe that it's March already!!!

I survived the basketball game! I thought I was going to die the last game. We played 2 games. I had much more energy during the first one. I burned 735 calories! I wore my heart monitor.

I went with Pat last night to hear the band play. The club was showing the Ultimate fighting Championship. It was packed!

Tammy, Congratulations!!!!!!!!! I had a drink for you last night in your honor! Enjoy time with Tim!!!! Oh yeah...... take care of yourself now!!!!! I think you should try accupunture for your fibro. It's very relaxing! VERY!!! And I'm not hungry at all! It's pretty cool because now I'm not obsessing about food.

Tina, how are you? Are you planning any trips?

I have NO idea where my little sister is!!! It's not like she has anything to do! I'm sure that I'll hear about that comment. She has been busy with girl scout cookies. She is always on the go with the kids too.

Where is everyone else?
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:16 PM   #3  
Susan

Everyone post even if it's just to say "hi". We miss you!!!
Old 03-04-2007, 07:17 PM   #4  

Tina, I agree about time flying by!!

Susan, good for you on the basketball games!! Wish we could have been there to cheer you on. I think I may try the acupuncture for the pain. I need to get information from one of the 5th grade teachers because her mom had it done recently for her back. Another friend's mother is drinking a few ounces of cherry juice each day, and she said that is helping with her pain.

We had fun with Tim. I ate grilled chicken and vegies off of the lighter menu at Damons. It was really good, and I would order it again. It was about 10 points, but what I usually order is a gazillion points.

We're planning to get up and go to the Y in the morning. I plan to hit the nautilus room and do some of the machines that I used when I was doing therapy for my back. I sure hope I remember how to do everything. It's not very busy in the mornings. I like that.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good evening everyone-Sorry I haven't posted for so long I do come here and read the posts though- Tammy congratulations on your retirement-now you can concentrate on the gym etc-Tina hello-Susan way to go with the basketball games-I'm tired just thinking of playing. Nothing much happening around here-the weather is still cold-still snow(will it ever go away!!!!)I did manage to go to a concert last wednesday-Van Morrison-the place was sold out and on Tuesday Mar 6 I'm going to see Rod Stewart-this is all compliments of my day job-I went with the lady who owns the company-they bought the company in July and they're from Ireland. I haven't been to a concert in years and years, so this is unusual, but nice. I'm still maintaining my weight and it was a year on feb 27 that I quit smoking again. Tammy, tell your husband to hang in with the no drinking it may be hard at first but he can do it.

I promise I won't be so long in saying hello I Promise, I promise
take care
maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:23 PM   #6  
Susan

Maureen,
It's so good to hear from you!!! I knew you kept up with us. Ok, I have to tell you Van Morrison is one of my favorite singers. However, Rod Stewart is still my favorite in many ways. I went to see him with my older sister when I was 16. We got up to the front row and my sister got pictures of him and he posed for her. We were in love!!! He still does something for me. The two of us still laugh about it.

Congratulations on No smoking for a year!!! You have to feel much better! Just think how that has improved your life.

Hopefully ya'll will thaw out up there!! If not come down to Texas!
Old 03-04-2007, 11:13 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Maureen!!! You are something, maintaining your weight and not smoking.

Tammy, for eating such a healthy way. I'm sure Tim had a great time with y'all.

Susan, sorry I couldn't see you playing ball.

for me. I ate all my 35 flex points, plus today's points--today! I didn't count but must have. We went out after church. We had seafood. This place makes homemade cinnamon rolls--big ones. Need I say that they were stupendously good.

I hope everyone has a great Monday.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:13 PM   #8  

Hey Maureen!! Great to hear from you. Rod Stewart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to go!!
And Van Morrison too!! Wow! No smoking for a year is totally awesome!!! I'm concentrating on becoming healthier. Now I have time for ME!

Susan, I know a lot of people who were in love with RS!!

Tina, I cracked up about using all the points. Sometimes it just happens.

Today we went to the Y for an hour. I rode the recumbent bike and did machines. Tonight I had water aerobics. I think I earned the piece of chocolate that I had earlier. lol

I plan to go again tomorrow and walk and do the bike again. (if I can move!!)
Old 03-07-2007, 07:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies-all's well up here(maybe still a bit cold)-went to see Rod Stewart last night-I'm telling you he sure puts on a great show-I really enjoyed it. I'm leaving for work soon just wanted to say hello and keep in touch.
maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:46 AM   #10  

Maureen, I am soooooooooooo jealous!!! I want to see him right now!!!!

Actually right now I am headed to the Y again.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 03-07-2007, 09:15 AM   #11  
Thursday Lady

Greetings to everyone......
Maureen, I'd love to have seen Rod, too.

Tammy, have fun at the Y.

I'm going to dust off the exercise bike and use it this morning.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:43 PM   #12  

Ok. We need to plan a get-together, and we'll invite Rod Stewart! I'm sure he would agree to it, don't you think?

The Y was good this morning. Not very busy at all. I had the room all to myself when I was riding the bike and also when I walked on the treadmill. I was watching the Today show though, so I had company. lol I also did some of the cardio machines. I can't believe that I've gone every day this week, but I feel good when I'm finished. Tonight I had water aerobics. We have so much fun in the class.

Bob packed while I was gone. We don't leave till Saturday morning for GA, but he is basically ready now! I have a few things in a suitcase, but I need to get a lot more in there. My jammies and undies are packed!! lol

Tomorrow I am attending my first retired teacher's meeting! The president used to teach with me, so I'm very comfortable going. It's a luncheon, and there will be a speaker on gardening (I kill plants!!). I think I'm going to go to the morning WW meeting since I'll be close to there in the morning. I really don't want to go to the night one after eating a big lunch.

Not expecting a loss. My TOM still hasn't started. Maybe this could be the beginning of menopause? Or is it just messed up because I wanted it to be finished before we leave for GA????

We're taking Tim's computer with us, so maybe I'll get some time to read and respond to messages next week.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:22 PM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Evening all,
I fixed Zatarain's red beans and rice for supper. You can have 1 cup for only 3 pts. It's great!

Tammy, how long will you be gone to GA? Have a great time.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:55 AM   #14  

Tina, I've looked at that at the store, but I wasn't sure if it would be any good. Now I'll have to give it a try!!

We will be home Sat. the 17th. Tim starts classes again on the 19th, so we thought we should come back. Bob suggested just putting Tim on a plane to come home, and we'll just stay there longer. I think he was almost serious!!

I didn't get up and go to the Y this morning. I might go later today. If not, I'll go in the morning.

Where is everyone?
Old 03-08-2007, 11:58 AM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
Tammy, don't overdo it at the Y. Give yourself a day to rest. (Sound like good advice! ) Especially since you haven't been exercising every day, it would be good to rest today. That's advice from Dr. Tina.

Susan, how are you doing?
Sis, Maureen, Jodi, Mimi, Brandy, and everyone else------POST HERE!!!!!

I exercised my 30 minutes on the treadmill today. The scale was the same but my new skirt is looser. Yea!