Old 03-21-2007, 03:30 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Height: 5'4"

Wow! So I can lose weight AND solve the problems of the world. You guys are great!
I can't wait for today to be over and my first day of dieting to be in the books!
Cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 09:31 PM   #17  

Didn't know how lucky you were going to be finding this group, did you?

Where are you in Cleveland? My cousin lives in Painesville Twp. My SIL is from Highland Heights. My roommate in college was from Cleveland Heights, and another roommate was from __________ ( I just had it and now I can't remember!!)
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:56 AM   #18  

Hey you guys!
I hope the Thursday weigh in goes well for everyone. I weighed myself too this morning and I underestimated how much I weigh. My husband said our scale is off my 14 pounds but I'm going to go with it anyhow til I get a new one. *sigh*

Tammy - I live in Cleveland Heights. You're almost to your goal!
Mom36 - I like all your cheerleaders!
Chanty - Hope you're feeling better.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:09 AM   #19  

I'm really not close to my real goal. I just set goals in 10 pound increments. After I hit 10, I'll aim for the next 10. I'm not sure how many 10's I want to lose yet. A few more though.

You don't know the Buller family from Cleveland Heights by any chance? That was my roomie's maiden name. She has 2 younger brothers. Her father just passed away recently.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:19 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 214/171.6/139

Welcome Cleveland! It's good to have you! Hope you find the encouragement (or the occasional kick in the pants ) you need here .

Chanty, I know how you feel. The scales were not good to me today. I was up 1.2lbs. I was so hoping to hit 30lbs today. I thought I stayed pretty well on program this week, but I guess not. Couldn't possibly be that "occasional" handfull of peanuts or those Chees-It Sticks, could it? Well, I'll just have to buckle down and do better this week. I WANT THAT 30 POUNDS GONE!
mom36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:10 PM   #21  

I need to buckle down also. I didn't weigh in tonight. With vacation last week and eating right before the meeting, I couldn't stand to see the result!!
Old 03-23-2007, 08:18 AM   #22  

Hey Gals!

Welcome Cleveland, I'm sure you'll find yourself right at home here. These ladies are the best!!

I again wanted to say thanks for all of your support last week, it was a bad week for me. This week was better. I was down 2.8, so last week I was up 2.8 and this week I lost exactly that...hmmmm....anyway, I'm planning on starting Core next Thursday. A girlfriend of mine has been doing it for the last week and she was down 4.2 yesterday. I'm thinking I need to change it up a bit, I'm getting bored and as a result am not portioning as I used to be. So the plan is to get back to portioning until Wednesday, and then start Core on Thursday.

Thanks again for all of your support ladies!! Now I don't have to move my ticker at all...it's like it never happened...lol
Chanty1483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:01 AM   #23  

Good morning Everyone!

Hey Chantal, what is "core" that you're talking about? Good to know you're feeling better. I hope you're getting nice weather up there in Ontario!

Terry - You'll hit that 30 lb mark in no time! Hang in there! I like your weight loss time line as it is just about the same as mine.

Tammy - I am going on vacation Sunday for a week. I'll be walking around a lot so it's the meals I have to remember to be good.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:39 AM   #24  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
I'm soooooo excited this week. I've lost .6 lb. below what my tracker says. I've been going up and down for weeks. Finally, I'm continuing in the right direction.
Next week I'll be able to move that tracker!!!

Chantal, I'm so glad you feel better. We are always here for you.
Tammy, getting back to exercising will help jump start your metabolism again.
Terry, you're going to break out any day now!
Cleveland, you asked about the Core Plan. I'm quoting from the Week 1 booklet, "Core Plan controls calories by focusing your eating on a core list of wholesome, nutritious foods without tracking. The list is comprised of food from all the food groups."
Everyone have a great weekend.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:53 AM   #25  

Cleveland, the weather is alright here. It's kinda cloudy, but mild. I guess I do not need to give you the definition of the Core plan now (thanks Tina!) but it's basically an all-around nutritious diet. It may be hard for me to give up things like bread, but I can always use my flex pts. I love the idea of not having to count milk and yogurt though..and cheese..yummy yummy cheese. Anyway we'll see how it goes, I'm starting next Thursday.

I've been too hard on myself. It took me two full weeks to gain 2.8 lbs, and it took one week to get it off, so I need to start focusing on the positive and stop looking at myself as a failure. Oh Oh and I joined a gym!! It's a brand new all women gym, but it won't be open until May 1st, I'm hoping by then I'll be so motovated I'll be banging down the door...we'll see.

Tina, congrats!! You'll be moving that tracker in no time!

Terry, I completely understand where you are coming from. It took me weeks to break 30 lbs. What I mean by that is I was at a total of 27 lbs. lost before Christmas, then I gained back 3 lbs. over Christmas, it was up and down from there. I just broke 30 lbs. about a month ago. Ever since Christmas it's been slow going for me. That's why I want to switch programs, shake it up a bit! You're doing great, keep it up!!
Chanty1483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:36 PM   #26  
This is for me!

S/C/G: 205/205/150

Hello all! Welcome, Cleveland, and "YAY" for Chanty!

I was UP .4 this week, but I have been eating WAY off plan. But, I have been exercising, so I think that helps! (Turbo Jam RULES!) Here we go again--back on the wagon!
kitteeglitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:25 AM   #27  
Thursday Lady

Don't worry, Kitty,
You'll do better next time!

Old 03-26-2007, 11:48 AM   #28  

Cleveland, I hope you are having a wonderful time on your vacation!!

Tina, good for you on getting below the tracker!!! Woo hoo!!! I did alot of walking this weekend, so I feel like I might be back on track. I hope.

I said once before I might try Core, maybe it's time to give it a shot.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:09 AM   #29  

So much for Core today. I ate Kashi cereal for breakfast. I don't think that's Core. I also used 2% milk. I told Bob that I'm not eating until after weigh in on Thursday because I want to lose a pound.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:18 PM   #30  
Thursday Lady

2% milk is a "no, no" in our house. Whenever David comes for breakfast on the weekend, I have to run to the store and get him some.
Tammy, eat lots of rabbit food until weigh-in. lol

I had a dental appt. today.....not my favorite thing in the world. He couldn't find anything wrong and I didn't have to pay!!!!! Now, that's a good visit.

How is everyone doing?????

I'm going to be extremely busy for the rest of the week.