Old 01-29-2007, 10:40 PM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50-60 Year Olds #93

G'day everyone,

Of course i have forgotten what everyone said on the previous thread, it WAS all of 2 minutes ago that I read it!

I do remember that you are doing really well Kerry, any loss is fantastic. I liked your joke, men are the same the world over

Karen having some wine to put you to sleep is a falacy, as you prpbably all know by now, I do like a glass (or 2 or more) of red but whilst you drift off to sleep a bit quicker, I am always up at some ridiculous hour and then cannot get back to sleep
I thought anything new with WW was really not that much different. They are starting to advertise the new program here as well now.

Glenda how is your work program going? The young lad that is in Australia from Oklahoma (he tells me he lives about an hour drive from where you are) told us that it is Tornado season at the time we will be there. should be interesting, he said there are lots of stormy clouds etc., sounds quite spectacular as long as no tornado picks up our car and catupults us straight into Canada!!!

Ann I attempted to go and give Curves a visit yesterday but they were closed in the middle of the day
I will have to try another day.

I have finally woken up and have stopped my bad eating AND drinking habits. i am determined to weigh less then I do now for by the time we go to America.
It really shocked me when I had to tell dh my weight for the Colorado Grand Canyon tour. Just a disgrace
So far so good.

Sounds like Slavika continues to enjoy her holiday in Maui, it will be even better soon when her family gets there.

Hi to Gloria, Peggy, Bernice and Trudy, hope you are all well.

Cheers
Maria
flaggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:35 AM   #2  
Fun Blonde

Maria, you had to tell your DH how much you weighed???!!! That would have been enough for me to say I didn't want to go. How many times have I not wanted to go to the doctor because of those darned scales. I am doing pretty well with the work program, though. I have actually worked out twice this week. December and most of January I took off. Do any of you get a sore foot, almost a blister, on the ball of your feet in between your big toe and the next one? I walked for an hour last night and have a really wore foot. Just wondered if any of those Dr. Scholl's things would help. Seems that this part of the foot almost gets burned.

Maria, back in 1999 we had a tornado, not in Stillwater, that was recorded as the biggest tornado on the face of the earth. Just left buildings looking like sticks, but since we have such good storm coverage, few people were hurt. Actually, knocking on wood, I have never been in a real tornado, just in wind and torrential rain. You will probably be safe when you come by.

Still cold in this part of the world. Yuck! Ann, Kerri, Bernice, and Karen, blow some of that warm air this way.
Glenda
survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:04 PM   #3  
Member Florida Chick

Hi all: we have had cold for us the past two days and can look for another cool one before it begins to warm up again. Last night there was a frost warning so I covered all my tender plants, but I guess here that it didn't quite get to freezing.

Had to go to the eye Dr. today and I am looking at cataract surgery down the road. He says not until it bothers me enough that I come and say I want to see better. I didn't have to have my glasses changed now, as of course they will change dramatically once the surgery is done.

When I get back to WW, I will probably stay on the program I am familiar with. If I remember correctly Karen said there was a better explanation of the Core system and I think I would like to try that.

Maria: congratulations on your resolve to drop a few lbs. Curves here is open for 7 to 7 three days a week and then the other two they are closed from 1 to 3. Open from 7 tl 12 on Saturday. I don't know if the is universal or just our particular one. So try it again. Right now they are having a half off promotion. Is that the same for you?

I guess we all have aour particular weather crosses to bear. No matter where one is, there is always some sort of weather difficulty. We get the hurricanes and the occaisonal tornado. Some people Blizzards, some heat waves, and the tsunami and on and on. I have gottne to the place where I figure that what will be will be. I just listen and take whatever precautions are recommended. What else can you do?

Have to go to the clubhouse for a meeting. See you all later. Ann
Lizziepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:24 PM   #4  

G'day all,

Glenda yes I did have to tell him so he could book the Colorado River tour. There is a bit of flying in a light aircraft and a helicopter hence they needed to know my weight. This is the VERY first time I have actually told him, he sort of guessed it and I sort of agreed
It is so ridiculous this weight thing but I am doing well, I weighed myself when I felt totally bloated and revolting after a dinner so this morning I had dropped 4 1/2 pounds after just a couple of days. Not too much to get excited about it is from now on when it is going to be hard.
If I could loose 1 to 2lb a week until I leave on my trip, I will be VERY happy and comfortable in my clothes.

I will try Curves again Ann and will let you know how I go. I think all the Curves are franchises here so I guess it depends about the specials.

Off to our financial adviser and find out how much 'pocket' money we can have for our trip

Cheers
Maria
Old 01-31-2007, 07:52 PM   #5  
Kerri

S/C/G: 222/204/146

Height: 5"3"

Just a quick pop in to say hello.... It sure is quiet around here..Hope everyone is well and warm and losing weight.....
kerriscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:54 AM   #6  
Fun Blonde

Kerri, to be warm here would be an accomplishment. We had more winter weather with a slight covering of ice. Not nearly as bad as last time, but it has not been below freezing in such a long while here. We are not used to that. I feel whiney. Just not used to this.

And the losing weight part? I really tried this week and GAINED 1/2 pound! This is why I think I am meant to be at this weight. But I will keep trying. Other people are, as usual, losing real weight. And I walked on the treadmill this week. I think I just eat more without really realizing it. My whole problem.

A lady in my office had a birthday yesterday. I had the assignment of the spinach dip and chips. Another lady made the delicious cake. And it was only toward the end of the day I had about 5 chips. Then I felt righteous and last night was kind of a bust. Might be why I don't lose weight.

Where is everybody?
Old 02-01-2007, 06:59 PM   #7  
Kerri

Good evening to you all...

Glenda, I am so very glad that I moved south..I love a shot of cold that we get from time to time but the rest of the time is warm although I also hate the heat so there we just are never happy are we? So sorry you are struggling to stay on track Its hard to not week-en at the temptations put in front of us...
Old 02-01-2007, 07:32 PM   #8  

G'day all,

Glenda your dilemma reminds me of the days when I worked in an office and just about every other day it would be someone's birthday or celebration of some sort That used to be a killer, somethings were easily left but others were just too hard to resist.
I sure hope your weather will be a little warmer by the time we get there but if it doesn't so be it. I am not that fussed.

Kerry I think you are right, we are never completely happy with the weather! I do enjoy the cold (not quite the cold Glenda and our Canadian friends experience ) my favourite time of the year is autumn and spring, cool mornings and nights and beautiful sunny days.

Can someone enlighten me why I am soooo stupid when it comes to sensible eating

I have been very sensible this week, salads for lunch, stirfried veggies for dinner etc. and no alcohol, I feel 100% better, no indigestion, no bloating, sleeping better etc. etc. I have also managed to loose a few pounds.
I am not finding it exceedingly difficult and yet I know it would be so easy to revert to eating c--p again!
I really hope that I can keep doing this FOREVER!

A very hot day here and for the rest of the week and into next week. Because of our water restrictions, our gardens are looking a bit sad but I guess it cannot be helped.

Take care everyone,
9 1/2 weeks before we leave on our trip

Cheers
Maria
Old 02-02-2007, 03:22 PM   #9  
Member Florida Chick

Hi everyone: When you read about tornadoes in Central Fl. it is not us. But it was very bad north of us. It struck about 3 a.m. when everyone was sleeping, so there was no warning. The pictures on the T.V. are just dreadful.

Kerri: The cool weather is okay, but I hate cold and snow and ice and that is reason no. '42' why we are here in Fl. A cool day now and again is okay, but I like to go to the pool every day and all that good stuff. So you are right, that there is always some weather problem that we don't like. I think it gives people something to talk about. The weather is always a good topic.

Glenda: I hope that you soon will be getting rid of your ice and snow. I know what you mean about the temptations of food. Yesterday we had a reception for newcomers in our park and there was all sorts of food on the table. Chips, and punch and fruit, and little sausages and cheese, M&M and peanuts, cookies. The chips were the hardest for me to leave alone. I did have some fruit, and punch . I could have enjoyed a big handful of peanuts and M&Ms too, but I didn't.

Maria: Good for you and your diet. Have you started marking your calendar yet for your 'count-down'? I got on the scales the other a.m. and was horrified, so I have started back on the Core program. No bread, potatoes or anything starchy. And why is it that we just can't seem to stay with that sort of healthy diet always? Must be something in our genes. But is sure is a struggle to keep it off. and I know that the yoyo dieting is not healthy either.

We had another rainy day today. We do need it. We too have water restricions, but right now our lawns look pretty good, since we have had the necessary rain.

Hello everyone. What is going on with you? Ann
Old 02-02-2007, 04:57 PM   #10  

We weren't affected by the tornadoes either but it's rained quite hard today and we've had some cold temps for Fl. My ds is visiting and we are so happy to see him. We've been down here for 10 weeks and it's gone so fast. We bought a PTCruiser yesterday and now have a car with Fl plates. We have one up north too so dh can tool around in his convertibles where ever he is. Hope the rest of the week end warms up especially for super bowl sunday. I'm prepared with noshies and lasagna.
Hope the rest of you girls keep warm as I see the temps are cold in the rest of the country.
muffinsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:44 PM   #11  

G'day all,

Good to hear the tornados did not effect any of you but the poor people who were hit by it
This weather is getting very strange, no warning for this tornado

We had 42 degree heat the last few days and today it was supposed to be hot in the morning and then a gusty cool change by 10 am. It is now 3pm and still no change but still VERY hot.

Tomorrow I am having a tooth out in hospital, it is no big deal but I am so pathetic that I prefer to have it out with an anasthetic!
Admitted at midday so I cannot eat from 6 am.
When I return from our holiday I will go back into hospital for the implants to be done, I am having 3 in my lower jaw, I should have a full mouth of teeth again by the end of the year!! It is a long process.

I am doing well sticking to a healthy eating plan and I am feeling just so much better, I am amazed. I even slept right through the night last night, that is something I cannot remember doing for a VERY long time.

It is getting exciting about our trip, Slavika must be just about ready to have her family visit in Maui, the time just flies.

Thursday we are off to Melbourne to see our dd and her dh and grand daughter Saskia.
We had a visit with our finance fellow and he gave us some good news and hence we are giving both the kids some money to help them out with their extensions on their house that they both are doing.
DS is over the moon, took a while to convince his wife that there were no strings attached.
DD has no idea, she will be 30 in March and has asked for money instead of present to put towards a camera she desperately wants, I have bought the camera and we got a bank cheque today to make up the difference, cannot wait to see her face.
Life is good

Hope everyone is well and happy,

Cheers
Maria
Old 02-05-2007, 09:48 PM   #12  
Member Florida Chick

Another cola dna misty day here in 'Sunny Florida". We are having guests for the next couple of days. They arrived Sunday p.m. and will leave Wed. a.m. It is DH brother and Sil Nice family, but she has her work cut out for her. She is as much a nurse as a wife, and chauffeur. He has had so many problems and uses a walker all the time. He also is diabetic and she has to check is sugar levels 3 or 4 times a day and give him insulin before every meal. If he ever would fall, I don't think she could get him up. She would have to have help. I think she is very brave to drive from Utica New York, all the way to Fl and spend two months here.

Tomorrow we are going on a shopping spree. She doesn't get much chance to do that as her DH always wants to go when she goes out. This way the two brothers can stay together and we girls can have a little fun.

I am happy to say that I have started the Core program again and so far have lost 3 lbs. I am being really good for me. We went out to dinner, I had no roll, no potato, no cracker with my soup. So far so good. I hope I can keep it up for a while and get back to where I want to be and my clothes aren't feeling tight. I rather like the Core, but I'd like to find out what the difference is with the new program, or if there is any difference.

See you in a couple of days when our company has gone.

Ann
Old 02-06-2007, 12:38 PM   #13  
Fun Blonde

Ann and Bernice, I am so glad to hear that you are okay. I try to stay away from the news so much, but over the weekend the Florida hurricanes were on everyone's mind. I certainly wondered. And what horrible devastation!

Today it is 63 degrees. Hip, hip hooray! We had a wonderful weekend. Went to the kids' houses. Spent one night with one and one night with the other. The grandkids could not get enough of us. Truly wonderful! Makenzie's birthday was on Sunday. Her party was at a place called Pump It Up. This was just crammed full of huge blow-up slides, etc. The little kids had fun but we older folks did it too. I climbed up and went down the big slide 4 or 5 times. Once with my heaviest son in back. We almost slid into the parking lot. Lots of fun.

Anyway, yesterday I took off. We ended Sunday with a Super Bowl party with so much food. I pretty much abstained, but with the whole day full of parties, I am sure I took more than I thought. I worked out yesterday. My place in the evening has people who are pretty much okay. But during the day it is a rehab place and full of people recovering from strokes and pulling oxygen tents, etc. I felt so young yesterday, compared. This must be the real budget of the place.

Bernice, two convertibles? Sounds like so much fun!Glad your son got to visit. How much longer do you have before you go north?

Trudy, Karen, what is going on with you all? Peggy, doing crafts? Where are you guys?
Glenda
Old 02-06-2007, 06:54 PM   #14  
Kerri

Well good evening to you all...I sure hope you all are having a wonderful week...

Glenda it sure sounds like lots of fun....

Ann I hope your shopping trip was fun...i hope your visit is a great one..It sounds like she is a strong woman, Its either go or be stuck..Strong willed..Good for her...

Well I am in count down mode..5 days till trip time..I can not wait..I love vacations except I always gain some weight...
Old 02-10-2007, 03:17 PM   #15  
Member Florida Chick

Kerri: Where is home? Are you going into the cold? We had a good visit with out family, and then went right into work for our Showtime. We had a group called the Juggernauts. A Jug band. 4 men playing guitar, banjo, mandolin, bass, trumpet, and believe if or not the jug, washboard and other Spike Jones type stuff. They were a lot of fun and I think everyone that came enjoyed them and I am happy to say that this time around we made a profit. The first time our Showtime did this well. I hope now that will carry over into the next one in the fall.

I drove again on Thurs. and will also do it on Monday for a while, but have to be back early for chorus. We are having fun with our show, at least I am and everyone seems to be enjoying the singing.

Not too much else is going on here. I have fallen from grace with my Core program the past few days, but I just have to get back on the plan. I keep telling me 'Rome wasn't built in a day' and I just have to keep at it.

Kerry- How far are you from Lakeland?

Maria; I imagine that you are having a fun time with Saskia. I don't envy you the tooth implants. I'm not greatly bothered by dentist, but it is not my favorite thing to do.

Glenda: Sounds like you had a fun time with your GKs. It is nice that you are close enough to do that. Our GKs are all grown up, or mostly, and the ggks are too far away. So we don't get any time with the little ones. We had a quiet superbowl with our family. Out to dinner and then just sat around home.

Hi everyone. Hope you are all doing well.

Ann