Old 01-15-2007, 03:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200.6/174.4/150

Height: 5'6

Default I'm new and I need help. I can not stop binging.

Hi,
I am new and I need help. I have been on WW since August and I have lost just over 30lbs. I was doing great, and now suddenly I can not stop binging. This is not just a plateau, I am actually causing this. I was never a healthy eater, but I never had problems w/ binging. I have been doing this thing, where I am great for a few days and then I sabotage the whole thing, UGH. Someone help, any advice is welcome, please!!
tanya1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:56 PM   #2  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Hi there! Welcome to our little area of 3FC.

Some tips I can offer are: maybe you have not been eating foods that are satisfying to you; and then a day or two into "staying on track" you're bingeing ... maybe you have been restricting some things in your diet and then you binge either on them or on other things .... I've been victim of that!

Or maybe you've been eating the same foods, over and over and you're taste buds are bored ?

Our lecture this week brought the reminder that we should not give in to what we want at any moment for what we want most long term.

Good luck to you and be strong! You can do this! Join us on our thread too.
The Little D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:00 PM   #3  
Here I go...AGAIN!

S/C/G: 378/355/190

Height: 5'10"

Maybe weight watchers is the wrong plan for you? I had this very same problem with weight watchers. Thinking about all the points and counting things forced me to think about food all the time and led me to binge. For this reason, I have quit counting points and I'm just eating healthy, well-balanced meals and just small healthy snacks in between. I am only having 1 serving of foods and I am limiting portion size. I think that weight watchers is just too restrictive for me and forces me to binge, plus it forces me to constantly think about food. I feel like such a weight has been lifted off me since I started this plan (literally and figuratively, lol) and I've seen big improvements on the scale even though I'm not counting. I hope this helps. Don't beat yourself up about binges. I wake up each day and tell myself, "if I can just be binge-free for today, then I will worry about tomorrow". It's easier to tackle day-by-day, and before you know it, its been a week! I hope this helps!
meganL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #4  

Default thanks deb

I definitly think that restricting my self from a lot of my favorite foods for so long, is a factor in this recent bingeing thing. I just get so frusterated, I had such amazing will power when I first started WW, and lately I feel completly lost . Most days start out great and then I just fall apart. The worst part is once I start, I can't just say OK, I should not have eaten that and move on, it's a whole day thing and It's really bringing me down. I need to find a way to bring more of my trigger foods back into my diet in moderation, rather that restrict them completely and then go crazy. Thanks again! -Tanya
Old 01-15-2007, 04:22 PM   #5  

Thanks Megan, you really pointed out a few things that merit some thought. However, I do think that WW is the right plan for me at this point in my life. This is the most successfull I have been and my WW leader has been esential in this process. I work out 5 days a week and between that and WW, I think I can get back on track somehow. Thank you.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:29 PM   #6  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Oh, Tanya, I hear ya' sister. I am going through the same thing right now and I don't know why. It's so frustrating! I have come so far and I certainly do not want to go back, but I also am not doing anything to prevent that from happening. I just don't get it, but I don't seem to be able to stop. It seems the more I tell myself no, the more I stray. GGRRRR! I hope someone has some answers for us!
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:50 PM   #7  
Eve's Mom

I can also relate - I call it self sabotage. It seems like whenever I did really well and had substantial loss I slipped every few days (big slips) that usually did show up at the scale. I had to self-talk my way out of it, and really do some self-examining (ie: why am I doing this??).

Maybe talk to your leader?
Belle2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: Starting 145/ Goal 120

Height: 5'7

Hi Ladies,

Same problem here.....I can't stop binging--the worst part is I dont even realize what I am doing at the time. Its not until AFTER I have finsihed eating a whole bag of chips that I stop to think that this could be harmful to my diet goals. Hopefully, with the support of 3fatchicks, we can get through this together. My plan: I am going to try to start up my computer and read through the forums before I grab those chips again.
FrustratedYoYoDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 05:00 PM   #9  

Default fellow bingers

OK so maybe will all of your support I can do this. I will commmit to one day at a time. Each day that I don't binge is a huge success, right . I hope so.

I feel so lost and I can't seem to talk myself threw it anymore. I know it's going to make me miserable and I know that I am going to feel even worse after I do it, so why do I do it. That is the question I see everone asking. Why do we do it?? Is it like a self loathing thing, I mean I never feel satisfied after I binge so what brings me to that point where I can't turn back.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:03 PM   #10  

OK YoYo Dieter,
I am so with you. I will commit to getting on 3fc and checking the forums before I reach for the snacks, if you will. Let's make an effort to check in w/ eachother each day?
Old 01-15-2007, 05:05 PM   #11  

Thanks Tanya,
Old 01-15-2007, 05:06 PM   #12  

I would love that.....I need all the support I can get. I reach for those snacks without blinking an eye and am panged with guilt afterwards. Let's continue to be there for one another.....next time you are ready to grab a quick bite, come online and we can talk each other out of it!
Old 01-15-2007, 05:17 PM   #13  

Perfect, thanks YoYo. I will hold you to it. Feel free to check in w/ me anytime.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:23 PM   #14  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default Yup! Yup !

I've recently reminded myself of this ... well, geez ... no wonder I've been off the bandwagon for so long w/ a binge cycle. I mean *months* of this behavior. I had (for lack of a better word) screwed my head up w. the concepts of so many different diets ( even as a RD in progress )
of " no white bread, can't have this, can't have that, shouldn't have" so it was really self deprivation. Only in the recent weeks have I been re-introducing myself to SOOO many foods that I haven't eaten in forever ... and I don't feel guilty about it! And I haven't binged ... ( knock on wood ) ...

Just my "ah-ha" moment of recent ...
The Little D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:43 PM   #15  

OK so as far as binging goes, I have been good so far today. I am just trying hard to keep myself busy w/ other things. I went to the gym to day and did 30minutes or cardio and a few of the weight machines. I ususally do 45 or cardio and either upper body or lower body weights (i rotate), or I take a class that's a combo of weights, abs and kickboxing. The class is mon, wed, fri and sat, so tues and thurs I ususally do my own thing and Sundays I take a break from the gym. I had a granola bar and a cup of coffee, for breakfast and a light lunch and so far, I still feel satisfied, though it is only half past noon, LOL. I have school mon-thurs evening so I eat an early dinner around 4pm, and then bring a few healthy snacks to school, so I am not eating dinner at 10pm when I get home, or pigging out at the cafe at school. OK I am sorry, for typing out my whole life routine, but hinestly it helps me to keep it, when it's all in front of me in black and white.

Anyone have any tips for not binging, or any tips on diet and exercise changes that may help me out of this plateau? I need a change, and I want to do more w/ my son and stop loosing an hour or two a day w/ him while I'm working out. He loves the sitting room at the gym, but I miss him, especially w/ school I am seeing less and less of him it seems. We take a swim class for toddlers, but it hardly feels like exercise and it's only 30min once a week.