View Poll Results: What would you rather "be" for Halloween (not just dress up as, but BE)?
A Princess 4 33.33%
A Wizard/Witch 3 25.00%
A Sex Godess/God of some sort 4 33.33%
Winnie the Pooh 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2001, 10:11 AM   #1  
Eve's Mom

Default Good Friday Morning...

I have a question - why oh why are all my clothes bigger, why do I get compliments all the time, when the # on the scale does not change?? I stepped on this am and it was 207, and I WI today at lunch, but that's a precursor. I don't get it, whY?

Maybe I should take my measurements and join the inch loss thread. I think that might be the key for me...?? I don't get it. I do work out a lot, and walk constantly, so perhaps that is the trick!!

Since I am the first and only one here, I was forced to post a very very GOOFY poll. Hee hee hee....I chose witch b/c I could cast spells all day long!!

Well, Off to work. Someone come out and post!!

Belle

Last edited by Belle2000; 10-26-2001 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-26-2001, 11:01 AM   #2  
Pending Email Confirmation

i picked being a sex goddess/god of some sort for the poll. i would love to be a god and have power over people (can you say psycho?? hahahaha)
anyway doing okay so far today. did okay yesterday, went to the gym, even though was tired.
Belle, i know how you feel about the scale not moving although you feel better, your clothes feel bigger, etc. it seems so weird. don't they say muscle weighs more than fat? or is it the other way around.
well i need to get back to work. thank god it's friday! my bf & i are going to buy a new TV tonight. ours is on the blitz, and he doesn't think it will be worth it to fix. (i secretly think he secretly really just wants a new bigger better tv--you know how guys are all into that techno stuff--i don't get it, a tv's a tv!!)
jen3
Old 10-26-2001, 11:12 AM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

OK, I am sappy, I chose Princess. Why? That is my nickname from hubby. I think it would be awesome to have beautiful gowns, have men fall over you, live in a castle!!!

Ohhhhhhhh....

Having a crappy day and leaving work early! YAH!
Old 10-26-2001, 11:41 AM   #4  
Proud Canadian

Default Evil witch laugh

I chose witch. I have some friends who actually cast spells but you know, they never really seem to work. I would cast fun ones like Willow on Buffy. Make balls of fire and throw them at people and make time stop and stuff like that.
Belle - you are totally right - join TILT! Inches are a much better measurement than the scale or the mirror. I'm redoing mine this weekend. and yes, muscle weighs more than fat...
Speaking of TILT, Lori, the ankle thing, pay attention to what time of day you are doing your measurements - for accurate ankle, 1st thing in the morning is good.
Hi Jens
I better start to work, I'll be back
KT
Old 10-26-2001, 11:57 AM   #5  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello all. Well, I picked Winnie the Pooh. Not only because that is what I look like right now...but he is always so happy. He does nto care about his weight. He has tons of great friends that look out for him. And as long as he has his honey he is one happy bear! He even has the fun "up, down and touch the ground" exercise going on. All the other ideas have an amazing downside. Lots of responsibility to behave in a way and use your power for good. Or to always be on display. But for Winnie the Pooh, I think it is to have a happy day and play with Christopher Robin. How fun!

I went to my water arobics class. The instructor has been out sick for two classes so all us PG girls have been making it up for the last few classes. It has been great fun.

Oh, and I have made a bunch of appts. to interview pediatritions. I have never really interviewd a dr before. I usually just get one out of the phonebook, go, and if I like them I stay. If I don't, I find someone else. Usually I have liked them. I did have one OB/GYN that I did not like, but I have a new one now and I love him. He has been so great! Anyway, any ideas on what to ask?

Jen3: My hubby is the same way with tv. etc. He is all about getting a digital tv right now. A huge one. We have no money, so I don't know what he is going to buy it with. Oh, men and their toys.

Jen: sorry you are having a bad day.

Belle: I would do the inch thing as well. I bet that the muscle is the differnce. Don't let it get you down. I would not care what I weighed as long as I was getting into a size I wanted! LOL

KT: Maybe it is me and I am not picturing it right, but I don't think a ball of fire sounds funny. Sounds like the Wicked Witch of the West when she pitched one to the Scarcrow. AHHHH!

Well, I better get back to work.

Trish
Old 10-26-2001, 12:13 PM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Jen3- my b/f did that thing too - oh, the TV is not quite right, I should buy a giant one. And he did, but we don't live together, so its his $, right? Hee hee, then I get the big TV too if and when we move in!! Men and thier toys!

Jen1 - hope your day gets better once you get home!!

KT- ball of fire, eh? Yikes! Yeah, I know lots of wica but their spells don't work really, which is probably b/c they aren't real wica and don't understand the connection with nature (just my thoughts...)

Trish - very interesting Pooh Bear philosophy!! I have never interviewed a doc before iether, and our health care works different than yours, so we have to get referrals from our GP's. Good luck with that!

Belle
Old 10-26-2001, 12:59 PM   #7  

Hey all! I didn't vote yet, but my vote will be for a sex goddess
Belle-I HEAR YOU! I weighed the same this week...and I work out like crazy, don't eat that badly....at least the measurments are changing...but I still want to lose!!! ARGHHH!! I'm going to be super strict this week and see what happens......counting every little thing...and maybe make some of that zero point soup.......Lori
Old 10-26-2001, 01:30 PM   #8  
A Yankee in Virginia

I picked Princess, because I'd like to be treated in the way I'd like to become accustomed to , have a maid, cook, someone to walk across the street in the morning to the mailbox to get my newspaper ...

My sister tells me I should have been born a Queen.

Hi to everyone ... this is quick because I'm off to meet two NY firefighters. The local department is bringing down for the weekend to wine and dine and say thank you. I'm going to the Va Tech-Syracuse game with them tomorrow! I've never been to a Tech game, so I can't wait!
Old 10-26-2001, 01:55 PM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Trish, I am lucky because I didn't need a pediatritian. My OB/GYN is also a family practice doc and she is now my pedistrician. I have been going to her since I was a teen and am very comfortable with her. She is also rated as one of the highest delivering doctors in the hospital... higher than most docs that only do that. She has not been taking new patients in years, so I am lucky to have her. When I moved back from Milwaukee, I was still in their system and was able to keep her as a doc. She is absolutely wonderful!!! Can you tell I like my doctor, normally I am not a fan. But she makes me feel human and when I was in labor and afterwards she was so nice, even tho she almost missed my delivery because I had a stupid nurse, but that is a whole different story!
Old 10-26-2001, 03:07 PM   #10  
Running Babe

Woohoo, my couple of pounds I gained from birthday/new boyfriend phase seems to have vanished... At least I have nipped it in the bud. Anyhoo, I get to meet my boyfriend's parent's next weekend so that will be interesting.

Other than that I had a test today and I have work this evening. I get next Friday off so I'll actually get to go on a date with my boyfriend, something that hasn't been happening as much as of late due to my schedule (he's really understanding about it, we do see each other though, but usually it's very low-key rent a video type of thing).

I am going to see Blue Rodeo tomorrow night with my best friend so that should be awesome. They're playing really close to my apartment so I don't have to worry about driving there or anything.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and take care!

BTW: The Just 2 points bars evenn though are tasty, are a rip-off... It costs $7 CDN for a box of 4. grrrrrrrrr.

Take Care!

Ali
Old 10-27-2001, 01:23 AM   #11  
Canadian Chick

Hi gals,

Sorry I'm so late to get on here today. I ended up having a super crappy day yesterday after I posted on here Its a long story and I won't bore you with details. I was so glad that today was a new day! Today was a great day This morning I bought some new winter hikers -yay! No more freezing feet! Some of our snow melted but there's still lots and we're supposed to get more tomorrow. Then I spent the whole afternoon with my best friend being Bride's to Be! (We're getting married a month apart) We tried on tons of wedding dresses and bridesmaids dresses! It was soooo fun! I'm really excited b/c I found one very similar to the one my Mom is making me and it looked soo good Yippee! Then we went to our favorite mall. We went to a bunch of jewellery stores b/c they don't have their bands picked out yet. That was sooooo fun too. I'm glad we get to go through all of this wedding stuff together-its such a blast! We ended up going out for supper at a really great restaurant and we were so good! Both of us had the salad bar and we also shared some chicken wings from the appetizer menu ao we could get some protein. We had such a great time there that we ended up staying for over two hours! Then when we were leaving we ran into a girl I went to college with who I haven't talked to in almost a year Super! Then me and my bud went and rented some movies. Have you guys watched Angel Eyes with Jennifer Lopez?? Its really really good!!! Very enjoyable! We also got dr Doolittle 2 but we're going to wait and watch it tomorrow night. Anyway that was my super awesome day! It was especially awesome after yesterday! Oh yeah the best part of the day-when I tried on the dresses I got fit nicely into two sizes smaller than I usually get!!!! WOOHOOO! Now if only the scale numbers would change....

Ali, good luck with the parents! Congrats on the loss too Have fun at Blue Rodeo. My brother said they are really awesome in concert.

Trish I love your logic about Winnie the Pooh! I had already picked Princess beofre I read it. You make so much sense! Good luck with you Ped. interviews.

Jen L-sorry you're having a crappy day I hope you have a wonderful weekend where you can feel like a princess

Jen3 you are so right about guys and their toys. My DF always gets antsy to buy stuff like that when it all comes on sale for Christmas. I'm hoping hgtis year he can control himself

Belle-I like your fun poll! Have fun with the measuring. Do you have any measurements to compare with from before? Could be interesting. Sorry to hear you are feeling insecure. Hopefully it'll get better.

Hi Kim! Have fun with the firefighters this weekend! I got an invitation in the mail to go to a makeup show at a huge department store where their special guests are the firefighter-calendar models from our city! Could be a sight to see!

Hey Lori, maybe if you're going to be super strict this week you should pick wicked witch! How are your wedding palns coming along? Time is flying for me.

KT, can you cast a fun spell for me that would make me my dream size and weight?? Now THAT would be fun!
Old 10-27-2001, 01:24 AM   #12  
Canadian Chick

Default So sorry for the novel!

:
Old 10-27-2001, 10:20 AM   #13  
NASCAR Fan

Gah, what am I doing up this early on a Saturday?!? I didn't get to sleep until after 3am and here it is 9:30am. And I have been up since 9am... maybe it's a sign.

I just finished breakie (yes, I actually had breakfast) as I get extremely hungry if I am awake early. Funny, but if I sleep til noon I could go all day without eating. Today is a "clean up around the house day which includes 6 loads of laundry, dusting and finishing the arabiatta sauce" day. I roasted all the veggies for the sauce last night and when I licked the spoon after cleaning the cookie tray... gosh! It tastes wonderful already!

I am starting a new points range (18-23) today... I hope it goes well.

Ali... You paid 7 bucks for them? At our meeting yesterday they were 8! Try the Slim Fast Snack Bars. Same thing, more flavous and at 4 bucks a box, much cheaper. And you get 6 per box. The peanut better crunch ones tastes like a cripsy crunch. Blue Rodeo player here in Brantford not that long ago but I had to work that night.

Hmmm, guess that's it for today... an exciting Saturday!

Have a great weekend everyone.
Closed Thread