Old 01-03-2007, 11:46 AM   #16  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

I'm going to try to handle today. Kelly got more bad news from work and he's very p.oed now. I don't know what to tell him to do. We have our own business but its not a consistent income yet and we don't have any money saved. We wanted to have a couple months worth of savings before he headed out on his own and now his displeasure (putting it mildly) with his current job is making it unbearable on him. Plus we wanted to keep the insurance for a bit because he needs stomach surgery for his acid reflux so that they can close up his duodenum in an attempt to keep the stomach acid down and try to heal his esophagus because the cells are in a pre-cancerous state now. After hearing about his meeting today...I'm so tempted to tell him to just quit. Wish I knew what we should do.

Anyhoo...I didn't do too bad yesterday. Kept my snacking in line, the sugar consumption down to the minimum, and drank more water. I actually had a salad for lunch. Amazing for me...

Have a great day ladies and I will check back with you in a while.

Christina
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:53 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Thursday all!

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing...

Nothing new here, at least I am starting to feel better. I have worked out the past two nights and am starting to get my strength and endurance back a bit. The scale is just not being my friend right now but I made some poor choices over the holidays and being sick did not help so now it is time to get back in gear and on track and that is my game plan.

What is going on with everyone today.

Chris: How is it going with your DH?

Susan
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:28 AM   #18  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Welcome 2007!!!!
Hi Turtles,
And a special welcome back to Choosewell. I was so thrilled to see your post.
Yes, we are not easy to find because the WW site is so far down among all the other choices. However, we're here and posting quite often. Lauren does pop in once in awhile and I'm here a lot. This is my primary posting spot for weight reduction. First of all, congrats on the increased and the weight loss. That is a wonderful way to start 2007!

For everyone else, Bandit, you sound like your head is on straight.
Princess, seems like you're having a bad run of luck with colds and your ds's car, but this will all pass.
Chrily, you've done remarkably well with all that's going on in your lives. Hey, have you ever thought of getting in touch with Flylady.net? She really helps in calming down verrrry busy homelives. I follow her advice lots of times and it helps me. What I noticed about your posts is that as soon as school ended for this term your eating and exercise fell into place even though this has been an eating time of the year. Good for you.

Okay, my : hasn't been a : at all. I had lots of salty foods right before I decided to WI at home and was up 7 pounds. That was two days ago. jSo far I have knocked off 3 of those pounds and plan on doing well today. However, that still puts me up 4 pounds for the Christmas/New Year crazy times and I'm not happy with that. Since Christmas Eve through December 26th. my dh and I had family here overnight. On December 27 we were alone to regroup and then my other ds and his family of four came for his Christmas visit. I was pretty organized and finally realized I didn't have to cook every meal and that helped a lot. They left on New Year's Day. My other dd and her fiance got sick and couldn't join us for anything and they will be coming out on this Saturday for Christmas 3 and staying overnight where we will all go to a bridal shower on Sunday. Crazy! I've been working on getting my house back in order (one little guy got stomach sick and I ended up trying to get rid of germs by washing not only sheets and towels, but comforters and bath mats, etc.) It's been a huge amount of work and now today I'm heading out to babysit the grandbaby. It's a relief to take some time and relax here on the computer.

I have plans for food--going an easy route with oatmeal and eggs and simple stuff and heading back to Core to shake off the rest of this weight and then start sculpting away at the excess I need to find onederland! Wish me luck!

Everybody: Have a great and fit 2007. Best of luck to us all.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:15 AM   #19  
Focus on the Process

Okay...news on my Dh. He is scheduled for surgery Jan. 16th. The doctor said his PH test had some of the highest numbers he's ever seen. And my honey was worried he wouldn't show enough acid production to get the surgery done. WRONG! I hope this is successful and gives him so relief and keeps the acid at bay so we have less to worry about with cancer.

Today I was sooo stressed I ate some candy, the candy turned into more carbs, and more carbs. Then I felt like crap. I've been doing low carb for the last 3 days and was feeling pretty good. Today I feel awful.

Tomorrow is another day and I will be back on track. Maybe not exercising. I'm having some rheumatoid arthritis flares in like every joint in my body. That makes me kind of run down feeling and achy.

Christina
Old 01-05-2007, 08:34 AM   #20  

Chris: Well I am glad to hear that your DH will qualify for the surgery... best wishes for a very speedy recovery and I pray that this will remove the cancer risk and also lower your stress level a bit. Stress is just brutal, some worse then others but brutal none the less. Your slight "carb filled" bump in the road yesterday is just that... don't beat yourself up over it... I really think that if we all look back over the last few weeks we would all see many bumps in the road... I know I have had my fair share and I am dreading W/I tomorrow morning but I will go and face the music even with my TOM starting last night You will get back on track, I have faith in your and your strength.

Judy: I know how you feel... I think I will see a gain of at least 7 lbs so I guess we work at it together and hopefully we will both see them go away quickly. Sounds like you have been busy busy busy. I am the same what when ever anyone in the house is sick... I hose everything down with bleach and Lysol, the family hates when I do it but I really hate getting sick and the inevitable passing the germs back and forth.

Adriana: How are you doing?

Bandit: You sound like things have settled down and that you kept it together over the holidays... good for you! I thought I had it all planned out but when I stepped on the scale after the new year I realized that the lack of exercise and the snacking had all caught up to me...

All: Well it is just rainy and miserable here... I like the 50-60 degree weather but the rain is just too much! We are getting like a inch a day and with it being so flat here the water has no place to go except in our yards and basements... I swear you can drive around and see ducks and geese paddling around in peoples yards! It is crazy and in January no less! I have like mud and dirt everywhere in my house... I am on a mission to deep clean this weekend but I kind of feel like it might be a bit in vain as the weather is not supposed to change but I can not stand the mess so clean is the name of my game this weekend.
On a positive note I have been on plan with food this week and I am back to exercising so even if the W/I is a horror story this Saturday things should be showing improvement by the next W/I. Ya know... when you let the exercising go for a week or so like I did you really pay for it when you start back up again won't make that mistake again if I can help it!

Have a happy day all and I will check back later on...
Susan
Old 01-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #21  
Chick

Chris,
I am so glad your dh qualifies for surgery. This is a tough time for you all, but after the surgery I think you'll both feel relieved. These life snags can really beat us up, but I echo Princess when I say I know you can get through this. Also, one day of eating away from what you'd like to be doing (because of emotions) isn't going to do you in. You can snap right back!

Princess, I am hanging tight and knocking off weight every day. I gained 7 pounds over the holidays while I was *watching* what I ate. Egads, I probably would have been up 14# if I hadn't been careful. LOL. Well, the only reason it's okay now is because I am being very careful and the weight is dropping off. I think at least 3# were due to salt in some take out foods we had two days in a row. I haven't gotten to WW WI yet because all my dh's doctor appts. have been on Wednesday. I know I could make the effort to go another day, but my plan is to go this upcoming Wednesday whether the scale is good or not. The second part of the plan is to make sure the scale is good! No excuses! We're having Christmas 3 here this weekend, and then the Bridal Tea on Sunday, so there will be plenty of food temptations. I've gotta want to be healthy and think more than the quick satisfaction of the food! Wish me well.

Hey Bandit. You go girl!!!!
Ariana, how are you? Busy at work?
Choosie, glad to hear from you.

Judy
Old 01-05-2007, 02:17 PM   #22  
Focus on the Process

Hi girlies! Thanks for all your well-wishes for my hubby. I hope this helps him. I really am not ready to let him go yet.

I'm right back on the wagon today. This is really sick (naw) but the last few days I haven't even really wanted to go through a fast food joint. Today Nicole wanted chicken nuggets for lunch and I ordered for her and that was it. The other night since my husband and I both worked and we needed to go to the hospital to see his mom, we stopped at Wendy's....and I didn't order anything. After the hospital, I came home and ate a bowl of cereal. I will PREVAIL!!!!!

Today is just another fun fillled day. I did some errands, am working on cleaning the house, and doing some laundry. I took down the rest of the Christmas stuff. Hubby will have to get the lights off the outside of the house. There is no way in "you know what" that I am going up that high on a ladder. NOPE NO NO WAY NO CAN DO!

Well I'm going to rummage around and find me something for lunch after I pop in another load of laundry. Check back on you gals later.

Christina
Old 01-05-2007, 03:19 PM   #23  

Hello, ladies, I'm back again! I have no hope of being able to catch up with the ongoing conversation, so I'll just start listening from here. How is everyone doing? I had a wonderful vacation. My family loved their gifts, and I received some wonderful gifts, including a gift certificate to Victoria's Secret -- I went ahead and ordered some new bras now after all, I sorely needed them -- I'll need different ones at the end of the year. When you lose 25 pounds, your breasts shrink and your band size changes. ;o That's okay, though, I was a 42 D to begin with, so being a 36 DD is find with me (a 36DD has smaller breasts than a 42 DD. The cup size goes up somewhat as the band size goes up. I used to work at VS. ) ANYWAY, I also got a certificate to NY & Co, so I'm looking forward to new clothes in a little while. Those were my favorite gifts, since I need new bras, and I'll need new clothes in a few months. ;D Mom loved her handmade PJ's and her denim jacket with the international badges -- she's been showing it off to everyone. Everyone else seemed to like their gifts too. Did you guys have a good holiday?

Well, this week has been nuts, otherwise I would have chimed in on Tuesday. <sigh> But I've done my 4x this week for the gym, and I'm going on a hike tomorrow. I'm thinking about revving it up to 5x per week. We'll see. At least it's Friday.

I look forward to hearing back from you guys. Take care!
Ariana2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:02 PM   #24  
Focus on the Process

Hey Ariana, sounds like you had a great vacation! Welcome home. Victoria's Secret...nice. I was joking around with my brother about that for Christmas. Mind you, he drew my name to buy a gift for, he's my younger brother, slightly mentally handicap (a mild form of autism) and embarrasses really easy. So I told him to buy me something from Victoria Secret thinking he would never have the guts to walk in the door. He did, and got kicked back out. Poor guy. Needless to say, he found me some nice lotion and bath salts from bath & bodyworks. I felt bad and yet we all had to chuckle when he said he'd gotten kicked out of there.

Glad your back and sounds like your doing great with the excercising. I haven't even tried that yet. I am working on my eating and taking it a little easy. I have a cold again, my RA is acting up, and TOM is here. Talk about a triple whammy!

Talk to you all later...

christina
Old 01-06-2007, 12:29 AM   #25  
Focus on the Process

Okay...now I get to finally brag about something good!!!

My niece (my mom's step granddaughter) had a baby girl today. Her name is Leila Faith. She was a bit early but still weighed in at 7 lbs. 11 1/2 oz and 19 in. long. My niece, Kacey, is diabetic and was having some problems with TIA's so they had to take the baby early. When she called tonight (and I haven't seen her since June) she said she almost died twice with this baby. Scary stuff. She's done now. She's got her little boy and a baby girl. I'll have to get up and see her tomorrow.

Chris
Old 01-06-2007, 11:14 AM   #26  
Chick

Ariana,
So glad you had a great Christmas. I know, as a mom, I would have loved my dd or ddil to make me a pair of pj's and a denim jacket! And your gifts are really appropriate for you==VS and new clothes all make a gal feel good!

As the other Turtles know, my dfamily is celebrating our Christmas 3. .Well, this is the epiphany on Jan. 6th. so I guess that's appropriate. My dd and her dfiance are heading out for presents and dinner tonight. We'll have a nice time and I'm hoping to be able to play a game of cards or the new game I received for Christmas--Don't Quote Me on That. It's a lot of fun. You get a quote in a category and then have to come up with the person who said it.
Some are extremely easy and others tough. Today I have to tough it out with food. Tricky creating a Christmas for the kids without overly indulging myself, but I've worked too hard this week to lose the weight I put on to put more back on now.

Good luck to us all. Enjoy the weekend!
Judy
Old 01-07-2007, 06:29 PM   #27  
consistent

S/C/G: 227.8/216.2/210 challenge goal

Height: 5'7"

Hello again!

Judy you sound so sweet and your warmth shows through your posts. Are you really that nice in person? Just kidding!

I had a good first week back at 3fc, down 4 pounds. You know what? I think if I keep my mouth shut and my legs moving, I can actually lose weight! Imagine that! Shocking, I know.

Take care, Slim Lovelies. Give yourself hugs and a pat on the back, for treating yourself as precious.

choosie.
choosewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:46 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles - alot of posting going on and sounds like everyone is doing well.

Had my w/i Fri & was down .6# & got to gym 3 times last week for workout and for a swim after my ww mtg. So feel really good about that.

Did some cooking yesterday and made some turkey meatballs & rice for dinners/lunches this week. Also some egg salad for lunch today and cut up some veggies to have on hand.

My ww buddies & myself have set a goal to lose 10# then we will all go out for a "healthy" celebration and 1st person to reach goal will be treated by the other two. So that is my goal right now: lose 10# and exercise 3 times/week.

What is your goal for 2007?
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:44 PM   #29  

Happy Monday all!

Glad to see everyone is back and seems to be on track.

At W/I on Saturday I was up 3 lbs but I expected it and have been back on track for over a week so I hope for a much better W/I next Saturday.

I have to run but I will check back later on.

Susan
Old 01-08-2007, 01:29 PM   #30  
Chick

Hey, It's great to see everyone posting, having survived in one way or another the holidays of 2006! Onward and downward!!!!!
Judy