Wow! My yummy rediscovery of organic whole wheat bread!

• Ok, I know I just wrote about my wonderful discovery of natural peanut butter, but I also just HAD to go into how I've also noticed the difference between Aunt Millie's 100% whole wheat/whole grain bread and the ORGANIC 100% whole wheat/whole grain bread. The organic variety tastes so much better! I guess the high fructose corn syrup and other less natural ingredients really give a different less "whole" flavor to the bread.

I discovered this after I had to buy the non-organic type b/c the store was out of organic one week ago. Initially when I started eating my peanut butter and fruit spread sandwiches for lunch I was actually using the non-organic as well. Then I switched to the organic, but I guess because it was better, I didn't notice the change as much. When I had to eat the non-organic stuff last week it was definitely less tasty and satisfying. It tasted artificial and had less substance to the bread. I don't know if it is the use of only natural sweeteners and fats that make it taste so real and good...but it is definitely an improvement over the other stuff.

I just think it is amazing how much better REAL food tastes! My eyes are being opened! And to think...this is what humans were meant to eat anyway.
  • Its amazing the difference in taste isn't it. We have a Trader Joe's here and their breads are so yummy (organic).