Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 08-08-2006, 06:39 PM   #1  

Default Steven Pratt "Superfoods" chat transcript - useful to anyone curious

http://www.webmd.com/content/Article/82/97166.htm

I was browsing the internet and found this chat transcript, and thought it gave a good overview of superfoods and the ideas behind eating this way. I know there are a few people curious about all this, and thought it might be a good intro to the concept!
sugarlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:37 PM   #2  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Thanks Susie...I found the article very informative. And I like in the beginning of the article how he lists Super Foods and why they are super.
Monkeybabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 10:33 AM   #3  
hara hachi bu

This is my favorite paragraph from the article:

Remember that seeds are nature's nurseries, containing all of the nutrients that a plant needs to generate a new life, so to speak. Thus consuming these magical nuts and seeds, we are giving our body the very nutrients that nature has packaged to create new life. You can't possibly go wrong by such a tasty, delicious choice. (Pratt)
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:37 AM   #4  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

This is my favorite part of the article:

To me, it's more important to think less about how many carbs and proteins I'm eating today, and more important to concentrate on healthy sources of carbs, fats, and protein. If we do that, in general, we will get full long before we get fat. Remember, it's calories in versus calories out. Most whole foods are nutrient dense but relatively low in calories and also contain large amounts of fiber, which fills you up long before you've consumed too many calories.

It is so true. If we make sure that we are creating a balanced diet by eating a variety of foods then we don't really have to worry about carbs, protein or all of that. It will occur naturally and we will eat less because we are eating nutrient dense foods that have fiber.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:11 AM   #5  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

thanx for the info.. good reading
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote