Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 08-08-2006, 09:45 PM   #16  
hara hachi bu

I don't eat dark chocolate every day, but if I find myself wanting some kind of treat, I grab one of those bite-sized dark chocolate Lindt candies or a dark chocolate candy bar instead of ice cream or whatever.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:50 AM   #17  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarlove
My personal opinion on the dark chocolate is that if it triggers cravings or the possibility of a binge for you, you shouldn't go out of your way to eat it - there are plenty of other antioxidant-rich foods out there you could eat instead.
I totally agree. If it triggers "naughty" behavior or binges don't go out of your way. For me it appears as if the opposite is true. It really feels like a bit of dark chocolate every once in awhile keeps me on track. Not to mention that I thoroughly enjoy the experience.

I did read the chapter on turkey breast when I bought the book.. it just didn't convince me.

As far as additives.. I never buy deli poultry. And even the "fresh" raw poultry that I buy.. I know it has additives and the birds themselves are not fed the best meals. But even if they were free range.. I still question what is so special about turkey or chicken breast that it is a super food above all the other foods in the world that were not included on the list.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:45 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/200

Height: 5'5

Luckily my brother and dad are hunters, and they bring home wild turkies every year. So for one portion of the year, i am having all natural turkey, nothing at all added.

I also enjoy my 1-2 (depending on my calories) square a day dark chocolate habit. I also think it keeps me on track, having a little treat.
cardsfan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:20 AM   #19  

Height: 5'8.5"

Personally I don't care what someone else calls a "super food" as I think I pretty much know what is healthful and what is not. But I am finding that the ground turkey breast is actually very GOOD either on the GF grill or especially in my shepherd's pie. That has become one of my favorite dishes.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote