3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Food > Whole Foods Lifestyle

Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 01-27-2018, 12:02 PM   #106
There's always tomorrow!

S/C/G: 196/172.0/145

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

Weight drop of 1.2 today. I feel relieved. I'm am conscientiously not eating after dinner. I made my own baking powder this week (no cornstarch!) so I can eat my flax-seed muffins again. I stopped eating Quest bars and I'm looking at recipes to make my own power bars. I might just use my brownie bites recipe, triple it and make bars with it. That's one idea I hope to try out.

To make baking powder:
1/4 cup bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
1/2 cup cream of tartar
1/4 cup tapioca starch (tapioca flour)
Mix ingredients together with a wire whisk. Store in glass jar.
I dumped out and cleaned my old baking powder can to store my new baking powder.

Last edited by magistra17; 01-27-2018 at 12:05 PM.
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 01:50 PM   #107
There's always tomorrow!

Down another pound today. I'm lower than my ticker now, but I won't change it until next week. I want to make sure this pound holds.

The only two things I changed were to stop eating Quest bars, and to use my own baking powder with no cornstarch and "voila!" My weight started moving in the right direction again.

I read a couple articles this week about honey. Apparently the bees need to be local in order for the honey--which is full of natural antihistamine--to fight off our local allergies. Raw local honey is better than Benadryl!

Honey that's sold in stores can legally have fillers, such as high fructose corn syrup and rice oil. These items do not have to be listed on the ingredients list.

Here is a link to the article: https://primalpastures.com/blogs/exp...-exposed-honey

And another fantastic article: http://www.mercola.com/article/diet/...eid=1deaaec6a3

Last edited by magistra17; 02-03-2018 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:23 PM   #108
There's always tomorrow!

Yesterday was my anniversary, 33 years. Dh and I celebrated by eating out at outback steakhouse. Unfortunately I have swelling this morning from eating off plan. There may have been grains in that meal. The fish may have been farm raised, thus the grains. I also ate blue cheese on my salad and I'm pretty sure none of the veggies that I ate or the wine that I drank were organic. There may have been msg in the meal too. This morning my ears are plugged, my hands are swollen, and I have a headache. And my weight is up 2.5 pounds. Ack! I wonder how long it will take to drop down again?

I've been so good at eating on plan these last few weeks, it's hard to believe one little cheat meal would change everything. But there it is. ha, ha! How I wish restaurants would get educated and feed us better food. Perhaps in the future . . .

Last edited by magistra17; 02-17-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 12:21 PM   #109

S/C/G: 244/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Happy Anniversary, Magistra! What a lovely milestone to celebrate.

It's remarkable to read how your body gives such clear and timely feedback, and validation that we are what we eat. I so agree re restaurants. It seems like we must pack our own food in order to eat well. I'm sure your weight will drop fast. I find much restaurant food to be heavily salted. I think they are afraid that if they don't do that, people will find their food bland. So many people's taste buds are conditioned to highly salted food. Hope you're feeling back to your wonderful baseline asap.

Last edited by Sundove; 02-18-2018 at 12:28 PM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote