Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:54 PM   #16  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlybird68 View Post
I am starting a juice fast, end of day one today. I have been struggling with my weight for years now. I feel heavy and sick. I am deteriorating physically and cannot bear to go on fat.
My main concern is the fact that I struggle with migraines. It is the end of the first day and I already have a good headache. Any suggestions on how to ward off the headaches and juice fast? This is the one thing that has prevented me from losing weight more than anything else.
Im no doctor but Ill speak from my experiences and maybe it will help you. The headaches could be from detoxing I heard anemas help to make them go right away if you are into that I have never wanted to do those but they are supposed to help a lot.

If you don't want to try that then it may be also that you are hungry and try making another juice like some fruit juice or something.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

What brand of juicers are you usibg ?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #18  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
What brand of juicers are you usibg ?
I have an Omega juicer... But I don't really use it anymore... and that being said doing juice fasts never really worked for me for any sustainable weight loss...

But I do have Vitamix that I absolutely love... I use it to blend veggies and fruits to make smoothies and drinks that still contain all of the fiber...

Last edited by TripSwitch; 12-19-2012 at 07:45 PM.
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #19  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

i have a breville
Old 12-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I want a juicer because I am really bad about getting enough fruits and vegies. I want one that can handle carrot, beets apple and the like.I had one and gave it away when I moved, I am sorry I did that and now I am looking to get one again.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #21  
#TeamFitness

S/C/G: 290/208/150

Height: 5' 6"

I'm on day #7 of my juice fast. I'm trying to stay with the fast for 30 days. In the beginning it was a little rough so I ate some fruit and one day i made an cilantro salad with avocado(it was so good that after i finish my juice fast i'm going to make one as a treat). The goal is to juice your meals but if you feel like you're about to fall off the wagon just eat something raw like fruit or make a salad. it's not the end of the world if you don't juice 100% but as long as you eat raw you should still drop pounds.
rookietrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #22  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookietrader View Post
I'm on day #7 of my juice fast. I'm trying to stay with the fast for 30 days. In the beginning it was a little rough so I ate some fruit and one day i made an cilantro salad with avocado(it was so good that after i finish my juice fast i'm going to make one as a treat). The goal is to juice your meals but if you feel like you're about to fall off the wagon just eat something raw like fruit or make a salad. it's not the end of the world if you don't juice 100% but as long as you eat raw you should still drop pounds.
I did a raw diet several years ago when it was really trendy here... I used to eat at Pure Food and Wine all the time... It was VERY trendy... It's all 100% raw vegan... Very upscale as far as that sort of cuisine goes and definitely worth checking out if you're ever in NYC and still doing the whole raw thing... They also have a couple of cookbooks that I have and really are some of the best out there as far as raw vegan cookbooks go...

I also had a meal delivery service from Rawvolution... which is a very well known raw vegan restaurant out in Santa Monica... But their also here in NYC now... If you're into the whole raw scene... Definitely one of the best of best... they have a cookbook as well... which is a must for anyone who is serious about the whole raw thing...

And personally I would try to get some protein in there, even if it's only from raw cashew butter or something and some fat as well, even if that's only from raw cold pressed oils... Otherwise you might actually "lose" more than just a few pounds by only drinking juice for thirty days...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #23  
#TeamFitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post
I did a raw diet several years ago when it was really trendy here... I used to eat at Pure Food and Wine all the time... It was VERY trendy... It's all 100% raw vegan... Very upscale as far as that sort of cuisine goes and definitely worth checking out if you're ever in NYC and still doing the whole raw thing... They also have a couple of cookbooks that I have and really are some of the best out there as far as raw vegan cookbooks go...

I also had a meal delivery service from Rawvolution... which is a very well known raw vegan restaurant out in Santa Monica... But their also here in NYC now... If you're into the whole raw scene... Definitely one of the best of best... they have a cookbook as well... which is a must for anyone who is serious about the whole raw thing...

And personally I would try to get some protein in there, even if it's only from raw cashew butter or something and some fat as well, even if that's only from raw cold pressed oils... Otherwise you might actually "lose" more than just a few pounds by only drinking juice for thirty days...
I will agree with you about needing some fat. That's why I made an cilantro avocado salad last week. If I get a craving for something fattening I will eat some raw fats. I personally think I'm getting enough protein with the juice. I can't speak for others. I stopped lifting weights for the 30 days and honestly I'm not working out to save what little muscle I have under all this fat. Right now my weight is so high I really don't care if I lose some muscle. Muscle can be rebuilt right? I've never been a big meat eater and was vegetarian for years. I've been pescatarian for about 6 years and I haven't eaten red meat in over 15. I really think we eat way more protein than what we need. The hardest part of the fast is going to be keeping the weight off and transitioning back to eating. I think the easiest thing for me to do is to juice during the day and make a meal in the afternoon. Whatever I eat as a meal I will have a large serving of veggies to go with it.

Last edited by rookietrader; 12-21-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 265/237/170

Height: 5.75

HI,

So I'm on day 1 of my juice feasting. I'm giving myself some leeway so if I crave like eating, then I do raw fruits and veggies or if I have some work to do, then maybe some scrambled eggs for the protein. So far so good! I've already lost 2.2 pds today, is that possible? lol. I was out today and about, I was really active for the day. I'm about to get some exercise in as well and I'll just eat some fruit if I start feeling weird but I want to exercise at least for 20 minutes or so just because. I know on juice feasting the weight loss is rapid so I want to help myself out as much as possible. Also, I could really use the boost in self confidence and self discipline that sticking to this protocol is going to give me. I'm really trying to tailor an approach that fits me. I don't know how long I'm going to juice feast. I have about 2 weeks of varied work because I'm a nanny so I'd like to go for at least that length of time, but if its awesome and I love it then maybe I'll try for the whole 30. I'm not putting any restraints on it though and just going day by day. But I do know that my body needs this so much because I don't get in all the veggies and fruits I need so going raw for 30 days should prove to be awesome. Also, I have huge food allergies and I want to get in as many nutrients I can without putting additional stress on my system. I'm also taking digestive enzymes to deal with any undigested food in my system. As I explained to my family critics, I'm still getting the nutrients in because I'm juicing whole apples, carrots, kale, beets, etc etc. and drinking the nutrients, just not the pulp. I'm not starving myself and I'm not fasting, I'm just getting my food in liquid form. This gives my digestion system a rest and the rest of my body time to focus on something other then digesting food which has huge documented benefits. Do your own research because this is an awesome thing. I'm uber excited! and I feel this is the perfect way to start a new year with strength and determination!
beachbella85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #25  

and yes, I know the 2.2 is all water weight. I've been chained to the toilet...but that's okay.

and also, yes cardiac is muscle, but I severely doubt that our bodies are dumb enough to start burning muscle from the most important organ in our system...just p.s. on that.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #26  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

hey again im hoping to join you guys the day after christmas i want to do a 30 60 or 90 day juice fast maybe even 100 or 120 hopefully i can last that long. I need to get my weight off though before summer so somethings gotta happen.

good job everyone already on it they are super hard to do 100 percent not to mention expensive especially if u are buying all organic so good job sticking with it!
Old 12-26-2012, 05:16 AM   #27  

Thanx for that...hope clearing it up makes you feel better, feel free to attach the links to the scientific research that shows that when a person switches to a liquid diet of wholesome juices that match their needed daily caloric intake, instead of using said nutrition, their body starts to burn their cardiac muscle as a source of nutrition. I can't wait to read all about it. Meanwhile, while you search for said research, please stop with the scare tactics for something that proves to be healthy for numerous individuals...and yes honey, I can prove it, pm me anytime okay?

Last edited by beachbella85; 12-26-2012 at 05:21 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #28  
#TeamFitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSwitch View Post
"Muscle can be rebuilt right?"

Not cardiac muscle... Once it's gone... It's gone...

And regardless of any studies to the contrary that you may come across online... they haven't been translated into any practical benefit for actual people yet...
do you know how long you can go without eating protein for your body to start eating your heart muscle? I wasn't able to find any research. For right now I'm juicing in the day time and at night I will have a vegetarian meal and will try to eat much raw food as possible and throw in some protein smoothies or something.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #29  
#TeamFitness

My goal was to juice for 30 days but I ended up juicing for 13 days mostly. I'm still juicing but I'm eating a meal under 800 calories for dinner. My dinner will still be vegetarian and I will have raw foods with it. I'm curious to see if the weight will continually drop. I will let you guys know how well this goes.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #30  

Hi Rookie, I'm doing something similar, except I eat a small meal in the morning just to get me going and then I do juicing the rest of the day. I'm kind of taking it a day at a time, using it as a huge opportunity to cleanse my digestive system...but I'll know when it time for quits. My mom and I were talking about it today, and I think that I'll probably move to regular meal for breakfast and lunch and then juicing after 4pm to allow my system to restore itself and rebuild doing sleepy time instead of having to focus on digesting dinner. I'd had some amazing results and I feel so much better! I can't believe how well my body is responding to this...and I never thought that processed foods really had that much of an effect on my body.

Rookie, how much weight did you average per day lost?

Last edited by beachbella85; 12-26-2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: forgot a question