Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #16  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laifierr View Post
After watching "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" on Netflix, I too would love to do a juice fast. I am waiting to get a job/income before buying a juicer though.

It's great to hear about your progress =) Right now I am eating only whole foods so transitioning into a juice fast shouldn't be too big a problem for me.
I loved watching that. I think I"ll watch it again. I will start my 2nd Juice Cleanse on May 14 but I will only do it for 10 days. I want to see if I can get these last 10 - 20 lbs off.
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshauna View Post
Thank you for the recipes, LAgreeneyes. I needed more ideas.
You are very welcome. If you have some recipes that are not listed, please share them. I, too, am always looking for new recipes.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabunny View Post
LAgreeneyes: Thanks for all the awesome information! I did start the juice diet on Monday, but just couldn't stomach the juice. I used to love the juice, but my stomach is not into it! So I am going to do it a little different. Started the May OP Challenge. Going to do 3-4 juices a day and one healthy small meal. I am definitly going to do juices and smoothies to change it up a bit. I am also going to try some of the premade juices from Odwalla to cut down on all the prep. Also that will give me something to eat/drink at work. I work at a market with tons of prepared foods and the sights/smells really get to me. I work four hours straight without a break. By the time my break comes around, I have seen so much yummy food that it is so hard to stay on a juice diet! Buying an Odwalla, gives me something to look forward to drinking and a little more variety.

I want to incorporate exercise again into my day. I stopped exercising 3 months ago when I started my new job. I am on my feet for 8 hours a day (only sitting for a 1/2 hour break in the middle). My feet/back would hurt so much after my shift it was crazy. Exercising on top was too much. Now I am more accustomed to standing for long periods of time and no longer have the aches and pains. However I exercised on Monday morning then worked a shift. My legs hurt for the last couple of hours and the next day. Wish me luck in incorporating exercise into my day. I know I can do it! It will just take awhile to get through the aches and pains.

The May OP challenge has started. DO you guys want to join in?
Thank you! Thank you! Thank You!

You're very welcome. Good idea on changing it up to fit YOU. We are all different, so do what's best for you. I just started the C25K last week, so I will be ready May 14 when I start my 2nd juice cleanse.

You can do it. I know you can.

I think I signed up for the May OP Challenge. I will have to double check to make sure. I need to lose these last 20 lbs and tone my abs and arms. I'm looking forward to my 2 piece swim suit that I want to buy and wear on the beach.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 247/210/160

Height: 5' 10"

Thanks for the recipes they look yummy. I need to pull my juicer out now that the weather has warmed up. Would love to hear how the original poster is doing on her fast
superchick36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 176/166.2/135

Height: 5'2"

Hoping to bump up this thread..I am on Day Two of the 10 Day Reboot (from Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead), would love to find some juice buddies!
strega*luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by strega*luna View Post
Hoping to bump up this thread..I am on Day Two of the 10 Day Reboot (from Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead), would love to find some juice buddies!
How is it coming along for you? I did the juice cleanse in December and I LOVED IT! I want to try it again to get rid of these last few lbs I need to lose.

I'm here to support and motivate you!
Old 12-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 265/237/170

Height: 5.75

*BUMP* super excited about juice feasting! Going to go buy a book! I printed out the recommended recipes from above though they were awesome!

I saw one other thread for juice feasting that I wanted to reply to but I can't find it now ...but I did want to say that the most important thing in any diet/trend/cleanse/exercise whatever is to listen to your body. Learn the difference between when your mind is telling you to stop because its lazy (lol) or when its telling you to stop because something is wrong. Know your own personal signals. Its vitally important to be in tune with your health and your body.
beachbella85 is offline   Reply With Quote