Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I just can't imagine that a daycare would serve bologna or hamburgers. In CT we have a state wide nutrition standard! I work at a school as well, and I'm shocked that would happen.

Link

My daughter gets cheerios, milk, juice, fruit, wheat toast with butter, pretzels, graham crackers, granola bars, waffles, etc. It's not the healthiest food, but it's certainly not awful.

I would get a doctor's note and send in school lunch.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 240/216/150

Height: 5'8"

I agree- I'm sure you could get a doctor to write a vague note (or even a nutritionist, perhaps?). While I do understand the issues daycares must have with being careful not to expose kids with allergies to allergens, and the difficulties of not wanting to make a hundred different menus a day for a hundred different kids, having parents agree not to pack items on the allergen list seems pretty reasonable. Maybe you can get some other parents to suggest this to the daycare as well and have them change their policy.

It must be frustrating feeling like you don't have control over what goes in your child's body.
MarjorieMargarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:53 AM   #18  
feelin' good

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 7.5"

Pepino, I think people who responded do care, or they would not have bothered to respond.
Nevertheless, this mom does have an option to stay at this daycare and bring her son's food if she gets a doctor's note (she stated this).
Emama is offline   Reply With Quote