Anyone having green smoothies?

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • My morning smoothy consists of:

1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    2 cups of baby spinach
    1/2 frozen banana
    1 cup of Pineapple (or other fruit I have on hand if I don't have pineapple)
  • Quote: My morning smoothy consists of:

1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    2 cups of baby spinach
    1/2 frozen banana
    1 cup of Pineapple (or other fruit I have on hand if I don't have pineapple)
    Mine is this exact recipe...sometimes i add. 1 Tbs of natural peanut butter. Love it!!
  • Mine is more like a gazpacho type of green smoothie:
    2 c. spinach
    1 tomato
    1 clove garlic
    1 green onion stalk
    big handful each of parsley and cilantro
    lime juice
    cayenne pepper
    coconut oil or olive oil (1 TBSP)

Yummy way to start out the day, especially if it's warm outside.
  • I usually have a green smoothie every day Today's had a mixture of kale, turnip and mustard greens, swiss chard and spinach; blueberries, a kiwi, a banana and hemp seeds and then water and ice cubes.
  • I like to make these in the morning.. very simple-

1 small to medium frozen banana
    1 c greek yogurt (I use Fage 0% plain)
    1/2 c coconut milk (Mine is Silk PureCoconut Unsweetened)
    1/2 c spinach

Put it in all in a little blender and give it a whirl. Makes enough for a good smoothie and you can adjust how much of each you put in depending on what you like. The banana keeps it nice and cold too.

I also like a good berry smoothie. It's not a green smoothie but I like it all the same

1 c frozen berries (I use a mix by Cascadian Farms that has strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)
    1 c greek yogurt
    1/2 c coconut milk

If I happen to be really craving something sweet I'll make this and put about a teaspoon of agave syrup. Just like with the green one, you can adjust what you want that goes into it and how much.