favorite new breakfast

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I love to do my oatmeal with greek yogurt and sliced strawberries- maybe I should try it with quinoa! Sounds interesting!
  • A slight variation on this idea is to use a mix of 2 parts jasmine rice to 1 part quinoa flakes (whole quinoa doesn't work as well) when making congee. It forms a great breakfast, plus you're putting in veg rather than fruit (well, you can put in anything, really) so it's even healthier. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with brown rice, the whole point is that the rice falls apart and congeals, but it's still pretty healthy. I like to add some sesame seeds to the mix too.
  • Omg, I used to eat quinoa all the time! But it's sooo expensive here ( is it there too?) I'm now sticking to rolled oats (not quick, not instant).

Loving the porridge. 40gm (rolled oats), 3 prunes (cooked in porridge), a freshly grated apple (fujis are the tastiest!) , cinnamon, and ginger honey (gives it a real zing!) I could eat this for everymeal, everyday and be a VERY satisfied woman!
  • I love oatmeal too. But, I thought you might enjoy knowing that my dog (Husky) much prefers oatmeal to her dry kibble
  • Yum...I want to look into buying this, too. Is it sold at regular stores or just whole foods places?

Also, what varieties would you recommend for someone who has never tried quinoa before?

• I like oatmeal , with dark baking chocolate powder, almonds and coconut oil, and stevia simply decadent but without the guilt.also like wheat berries too
  • I never thought of quinoa for breakfast I will have to try it. I made oatmeal yesterday with madarine oranges, coconut and a sliced bananna on top. It was a tropical treat! Now I will have to try it with the quinoa