do your whole foods meals resemble 'snacks?"

• it seems like the more i try to stay away from refined white stuff and bready type foods, the more my options for eating seem like a snack.
    just wondering if this was normal?

i guess, unless it isn't a soup or a salad, i tend to mainly eat things like apples or celery with trader joe's raw almond butter (a great deal btw).
    or veggies and hummus. or a handful of nuts and some berries. or a hard boiled egg or a chunk of raw cheese.

and i'm generally not hungry after eating this way, but i have the sense i'm skipping meals.

what are other people's whole foods meals like?
  • Yesterday I made Thai veggie red curry soup with brown rice for lunch, and for dinner i made fresh mango/avocado spring rolls with veggie fried rice (used leftover brown rice).

So I suppose the only questionable items were possibly the coconut milk, soy sauce and rice wrappers.

But I think those foods are pretty close to whole, and they were filling too!

I know what you mean though, I keep coming back to pita and hummus, haha.
  • My meals generally consist of some sort of bean, some veggie (or multiple) and possibly a grain. So for instance, curried lentils over quinoa with a side of green beans is a typical meal.