What do you think about Kombucha?

• I've only tried the prepared kombucha by Synergy (love the guava flavor). Any opinions or personal experience with this being helpful in any way? I know there are supposed to be a bunch of different reasons to drink it.

Also, do you make your own or buy it?
  • I love drinking it but it is $$. I've read about many people making their own but I'm a bit lazy and I've also read that you should be very sterile in making it.

Is it helpful? Well it has some probiotics which are good for you but anything it offers you can get elsewhere. So if you like it and want to splurge on it, drink it occasionally. If you think that it is some magical elixir, then I'd say skip it.
  • My mother in law makes it at home all the time.
    She tends to leave it on the counter in the hot kitchen for too long and it ends up getting a little too fermented. As in we all get buzzed drinking it.

Personally, I don't think there is a point to drinking it unless you like it.
  • I've heard that in order to gain health benefits from it you have to drink it way more frequently than I am willing to buy it. It's like $4 at my favorite grocery store, and that's just a bit much for me to justify. I like it now and again. I trick myself into thinking I'm being really healthy when I drink it.
  • when drinking it, you have to rinse your mouth or brush your teeth afterwards. It will destroy the enamel on teeth. I drink it everyday, probotics and emzymes are so good for you, Taking out the bad bacteria in your system.
  • I use to make it but i dont have a mother......or the space now.but i have been thinking about making it again.