Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:19 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 203/199/140

Height: 5'3

im not sure If I missed anything here.... but the claim to fruit being the cause of weight gain.... might be true to some extent!... just to clear out something, I am a lover of all fruits, fruits that you call exotic, I have grown up on in Australia... but have to jump hoops and tread dirt before I can get my hands on here at times.
Up until 12 months ago.. I shopped at winco and the mexican stores for cheap fresh fruit... yummy and vegetables oh I love my veges...... then 6 months ago I discovered Fresh & Easy.. WOW their fruit were even fresher and lasted so much longer. in the meantime I had personal medical issues going on and dealing with my weight was my first priority, I started researching natural ways to rid my high cholesterol, my high blood pressure, depression, and fluid retention. and weight loss, 3 months after I discovered Fresh & Easy, I discovered Organic, and after many weeks of research, my husband also got into it.....
The fresh fruit and veges we eat from our large food chain stores, ALL have Pesticides and the effect on our systems weakens our immune response, which in turn leads to disease as toxicity builds up in our tissue and organs. Think about it, our fruits are sprayed/Injected with gas pesticide, by a human just like you & me, and they must prepare, and put on protective clothing from head to toe, so they don't inhale the harmful fumes, but its ok to eat them? wash em off they say!!, uhmm like perfumes, body sprays, and so on, when we spray it on us, our skin absorbs, yes we can wash it off, but we end up only washing off maybe 50% of the 100% we sprayed on ......
but how does this contribute to weight gain? The growth hormones and pesticides in our fresh food supply and our shelf food supply are fattening to both animals and humans, please take the time to do some research.
None of this is normal, they do this to make more money quicker, they don't let our fruit ripen, they get picked early and shipped, so by the time they arrive to their destination they look ripe.... so really how fresh is our fresh fruit and veges when we buy them???....... they are atleast a couple of weeks old already!!!

I could go on, but I tend to write more than I intend...lol
I can honestly say that I am now feeling better within, I shope every saturday at my local farmers market.....and you will discover fruit and veges that you never knew existed, these are called "Heirlooms" the mainstream corporation..... does not sell them because it would cost them too much to control, and because they are so easy to grow yourselves it would be in their best interest to keep them hidden. I have gone the next step and started my own herb and vegetable gardening, I live in in an apt, and I have DIY topsy turvy.... with an abundance of tomatoes, heirloom ones, I have 5 idfferent varieties, including the black tomatoe. I grow, Basil, Cilantro, Parsley, Strawberries, cuccumbers, Eggplant, Zuchinni, Bell Pepper, Mint, Rosemary.......All on my balcony and when I move to a house I will be devoting a section of my back yard for my lil Organic farm...

Did you know that when you buy a Non Organic seed to plant, that you may not re-use the seeds from your fruit/veges to re-plant??? they deliberately make them Sterile.
Buying Organic, allows you to re-use the seeds from your fruit/veges for replanting.....just how it used to be ........

ok well i think i have babbled too much now.... let me know if you would like help on research and how you can better your health without all the chemicals and drugs we have become accustomed to and accepted to freely and blindly, because its the way society has to do it... or is it?

its your health, its your life, and its your body, take care of it, and nourish it, and enjoy it. there are many changes I have made the last 3 months, and I believe I still have so much more to learn, and a long journey ahead of me, but right now, I have never been or felt so positive in my life and better still so alive within.... my whole family is enjoying the benefits of this change, and experiencing it with them is even more of a blessing.

I hope I can inspire some of you.

Mariela
chilenita815 is offline   Reply With Quote