Frozen Fish Fillets

• Hi everyone!

I'm studying abroad in Ireland and have to walk 4 miles round trip to go to the grocery strore so my eating has changed a bit. I also share a very small fridge with 6 others.

However, I've just found out that I love fish! There isn't a kind that I've tried that I haven't loved. I have bought some fillets already flavored, but they mostly have bread crumbs on them and I'm trying to avoid white carbs. I'm interested in buying packages of plain frozen fish fillets and they offer many different kinds, but I don't know how to cook them. Does anyone know recipes using frozen fish fillets? I'm not on any specific diet. I'm just trying to eat healthier- more fruits and vegetables, no high fructose corn syrup, less sugar. So basically more whole, natural foods. Any recipes or suggestions on where to find some would be great!

Dee
  • Congrats on your progress Dee. The easiest thing to do with the frozen ones is defrost in fridge overnight and then just bake or broil for your meal. You could marinate for a half hour or so in a little olive oil and herbs, or just smear a little Dijon mustard on them. Think of them like a chicken breast that cooks really really fast. They are like a neutral canvas for whatever seasoning you like. Some people like to make a packet of foil including some vegetables and herbs and then bake the entire packet that only needs a salad and maybe some steamed potato or rice for a complete healthy meal.
  • I found that it's quite simple to place the fish, frozen of thawed on a plate and add a small dollop of butter or margarine with a squeeze of lemon and salt and pepper, cover with plasic wrap or another plate and microwave until done. It doesn't take very long and you will be surprised at how moist and delicious it turns out. Good luck!