Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:17 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Only 6 today...blueberries, yogurt, tea, whole wheat, tomatos/spinach--but not enough of either to count on its own, clementine
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #272  

S/C/G: HW235 225/176.5/136

Height: 5'2

Yay, I actually have a couple minutes to come on and make a post! It's been since last week since I've been able to post, yikes, time flies! I lost 2.5 lbs this week at my weigh-in, yippee! I have to go on my 1st 'real world' trip this weekend, a family thing out of town where I will have NO control over what the food is and I'm very stressed about it!

Wednesday (so far)
B-2 wholebuckwheat pumpkin pancakes w/strawberries and walnuts
soy latte

L-homemade smoothie (light & fit yogurt w/frozen mango, raspberries and fresh pineapple, OJ)
2 pieces Kashi mediterranean pizza topped w/turkey meat & peppercinis
1 cup roasted red pepper tomato soup w/white beans added

S-iced green/black tea combo
small apple

D-baked salmon, whole wheat pasta, italian diced tomatoes, red, green and orange bell pepper strips

14 total, woohoo! I love superfoods!

Last edited by AndLy; 04-10-2008 at 09:40 PM.
AndLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:02 PM   #273  

9 today--tea, 2 whole-wheat cereal, 2 clementines, yogurt, broccoli, sweet potato, watermelon
Old 04-10-2008, 10:49 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Met with dietician yesterday. She wants me to lower my carb intake a little and up my protien. Especially at breakfast. After a lengthy discussion I agreed to try things her way for a month and see how things go. Also she says between 30 and 45 grams of carbs (however only carbs from certain foods have to be counted) and 14 to 21 grams protien per meal...but it is ok if I go over on protien...Oh yeah don't go below 1600 or above 1800 calories a day. AWK....meal planning is getting to be like a puzzle.

I did inform her I was sticky with the "Super Foods" guidelines.

B- whole wheat english muffin, 1 egg, 1 slice canadian bacon, soy milk, orange, tea

L- Spinach, romaine, turkey, avocado, tomato, shredded carrots, cherries, yogurt and walnuts

D- Salmon, sweet potato, asparagus and soy milk

S-peanut butter & apple

I think I did pretty well in both the dietician guidelines and super foods wise.
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #275  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi, my name is Lara. I read Glory's story and sent her a note about how inspiring she was to me and that I was kind of doing the same thing she did to lose the weight and she told me about this group and said that I might want to check it out. I am glad she invited me because I do fit in with the changes I have made over the past few months and since I still learning I can use the help from those that are knowledgeable.

Glory, thats for inviting me. After reading just the first to pages of posts I realize I need to go buy the books because I eat most of the things on list daily. I just need to make sure they start making my list on the weekends also.

Last edited by GrammyL; 04-11-2008 at 12:59 PM.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:07 PM   #276  

Here is my menu for today.

B - Banana, Morning Star Chick Patty, swirled rye bred

S - Carrots, organic veggie dip (1 T), apple

L - Amy's Organic Rice Pasta & Garden Vegetable Lasagna, Pear

S - Cucumber, hummus, light whole grain wasa, 2 laughing cow wedges

D - Faux brat, whole wheat bun, salad (spinach, mixed roman, tomato, onion, yellow bell pepper)
Old 04-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #277  

Darkblue ~ My tastes have definitely changed over the past few months and things that used to be good taste icky. I use natural sweeteners like Agave (its a syrup), Stevia and honey. When appropriate I use organic preserves, a little goes a long ways.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:08 PM   #278  

Hi, GrammyL, and welcome!

Today's count--7--tea, wild rice, whole grain Kashi cereal, clementine, carrots, broccoli, peas--along with other stuff, of course.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:27 PM   #279  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Well, I have two servings of lasagna left. That means I made it 6 days ago because I have had it every night. It is seriously good. That's it, and water. It just tastes so good. I love to cook. I made the tomato sauce last summer and froze it. Very tasty. I kind of want to make it every night forever, but I have some other ingredients bought up so maybe I'll find another great recipe. I have 2 days to get it done.

I have been doing this three weeks. The first week I didn't weigh, didn't want to know. I was in serious need of detox. My eating has been out of control to a frightening extent for about 9 months, I can't believe I let it happen.

It wasn't too hard to get started on super foods and I practiced at it the first week. Now I am doing it seriously and pretty much all the time. In the last two weeks I have lost 4 lbs.

I bought some great bargains at my favorite produce place tonight. I got 4 red peppers and 2 mangos for $3.00. That is not bad. I have discovered a great thing to do w/ red peppers, roast and peel, then blend with a little olive oil and garlic. I just read to do it with cumin and ginger instead - must try.

I think my tastes have changed - I ate 3 m&ms one night and they left a very bad taste, I wanted to spit them out. I have never had that reaction before to m&ms.

The best thing, drinking a lot of tea. A lot less coffee and a lot less diet coke. It is really different but I am starting to enjoy it.

Last edited by ledom; 04-11-2008 at 10:35 PM.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:05 PM   #280  

9 today--strawberries, clementine, Fiber One cereal, tea, asparagus, yogurt, turkey, whole wheat pita bread, more tea
Old 04-14-2008, 03:47 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Hey Grammy

Oh, let me see if I can remember what I ate this weekend.

Saturday

B - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 spoons of apple butter

Lunch - big salad -spinach, broccoli slaw, shredded carrot, purple cabbage, grape tomatoes, red pepper, red onion, 90 calories of chicken, a little BBQ sauce

S - small size pomegranate heart defender from Jamba Juice (subbed low calorie dairy base for sherbert)

S - apple with peanut butter

S - cut up veggies

D - ordered pizza from Z pizza, ended up not really liking it. Wish I had gone to the really good pizza place

S - boyfriend made frappucino smoothies with chocolate liqueur - uh yum

Sunday

B - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 spoons of apple butter

L - Annie Chun sushi kit (white rice, nori) I added some pickled plum paste, pretty tasty for 340 calories

S - blackberries

S - tangelo

S - tall skinny mocha

D - went to a new Hawaiian bbq place. I really made an effort to eat healthy. I ordered off the "healthy plate" section - they were out of garlic ahi and salmon. So I ordered grilled mahi mahi. It was BREADED. Ick. Came with a scoop of completely tasteless brown rice (which I skipped) and a side salad with a sweet tangy dressing on the side

Monday

b - 1/2 cup Nature's path pumpkin flax granola, trader joe's no fat honey greek yogurt

S - package of blackberries

L - got kinda saladed out so I roasted a big pan of veggies last night (red onion, small sweet potato, big red pepper, zucchini, 3 plum tomatoes, carrots, can of chickpeas) and ate half of it over 1/4 cup (measured dry) whole wheat couscous. I drizzled a little spicy stir fry sauce on top - pretty good.

S - no sugar added cocoa

S - tangelo

S - cut up veggies (sugar snap peas, baby carrots, grape tomatoes, red pepper strips)

D - I am making chicken alfredo from Rocco's recipe for Kelly on the biggest loser. Hopefully, it will turn out okay, because it's going to make plenty for at least 2 nights. It is made with lots of peas and I am going to serve it over whole wheat linguine.

*edit* Chicken Alfredo recipe was eh - but I guess I'm stuck with it at least one more night. I also wanted to add 1 shot of chocolate liqueur -that stuff rocks!

Last edited by Glory87; 04-15-2008 at 02:35 AM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:02 PM   #282  

S/C/G: HW235 225/176.5/136

Height: 5'2

I'm back from my trip, and I survived the food issue! Phew, I was so nervous. I just tried to eat the healthiest possible things out of all the choices I was given and skipped all the fried foods and desserts and think I did relatively well. Although I did drink 5 glasses of wine over the course of the weekend. It was just the absolute best party and I danced like crazy so I figured I'd burn off the extra calories.

This morning was weigh-in and I lost 3.5 more lbs! Woohoo, I am having so much fun with these superfoods. I love experimenting with new recipes and including them as much as possible.

B-2 wholebuckwheat pancakes w/raspberries and walnuts
soylatte

L-wholewheat pita bread pizza topped w/turkey sausage, pesto, italian diced tomatoes, 3 kalamata olives, a couple peels of parmesian cheese and a sprinkle of fat free feta. It was SOOOOO delicious. Probably one of my most favorite new recipes.

S-iced green/black tea combo
apple

D-brown rice w/tofu and veggies (broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, pea pods, red peppers)

S-yogurt w/almonds

Last edited by AndLy; 04-15-2008 at 06:14 PM. Reason: adding meals
AndLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:12 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Oh yeah...I love home-made pizza day at my house. It's better than the crap pizza I had on Saturday night!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:24 PM   #284  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

B - oatmeal, blueberries, CC

S - mix of sunflower seeds, dried apple, raisin, little choco chips for 140 cals, chai

L - salad w/ turkey, lettuces, tomato, 1/4 avacado, red pepper, beets, pickled okra, cucumber, dressing of spicy mustard/balsamic vinegaar

S - Orange Chocolate Lara Bar

D - veggie/tofu stew over brown rice

S - NP cereal, soy vanillla milk

Weekend meals were looser but nothing too far out and not much extra - but I would like to tighten it up a bit next weekend.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:42 PM   #285  

steel cut oats with cinnamon, walnuts, organic raisins, and brown sugar
peas, carrots
wild rice
tea