Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:59 PM   #241  

What's a "Nutter Butter"? I've never heard of that before! Whatever it is, I'm sure it must have been yummy! A board game party sounds like a lot of fun!

AndLy, CONGRATULATIONS! You're doing such a great job!

It looked like spring had arrived, but it's quickly retreated - I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to warmer, sunnier days. I just can't wait for the market to start up and for all the new produce to appear.

Thursday

breakfast: egg white omelette with sauteed spinach, onions, mushrooms, red pepper and a little feta, with a slice of whole grain toast on the side.

snack: cara cara orange and apple salad

lunch: flaked salmon filet on a squirelly bagel with dill, capers, and romaine. Grape tomatoes and carrot sticks with white bean puree (garlic, olive oil and lemon).

snack: marcona almonds and a slice of New Zealand cheddar

dinner: honey garlic chicken stir-fry over brown basmati rice, with wilted asian slaw and szechuan carrots.

dessert: blueberries and a cup of tea
Sorcha33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:07 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcha33 View Post
What's a "Nutter Butter"? I've never heard of that before! Whatever it is, I'm sure it must have been yummy! A board game party sounds like a lot of fun
Ah, the Nutter Butter. I have really tried to stop eating packaged baked goods, but splitting a pack wasn't that bad. Considering the contents of the snack cupboard, 2 Nutter Butter cookies (the pack had 4) for 130 calories was not that bad.

Thursday

B - 1/2 cup of Nature's Path organic pumpkin flax granola, Trader Joe's fat free Greek yogurt with honey

S - my strawberries were gross, went downstairs and bought one of the expensive fruit cups (*sigh) pineapple, sliced green apple, strawberries

L - leftovers from the fabulous Persian place. I had a romaine salad with dates, lentils, walnuts and tomatoes. I added some of the leftover chicken pomegranate walnut stew (heated) - it was DELISH

S - no sugar added cocoa

S - tangelo

S - cut up veggies - baby carrots, orange pepper slices, grape tomatoes, sugar snap peas

D - home made pulled pork sandwiches on whole grain bun, spicy sweet potato fries
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 08:33 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Tea, Kashi whole-wheat cereal, tangerine juice, salmon, broccoli, sweet potato, black grapes, Fage yogurt--8 today.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:03 PM   #244  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

B - 1/2 cup each steel cut oats, blueberries, cottage cheese

S - 1/4 cup soy nuts Goji mix, red machine smoothie

L - Amy's cheese enchiladas

S - chocolate coffee lara bar, tangerine

D - 2 slices Amy's cheeseless pizza, salad w/ tomatoes, spinach, broc slaw, carrot, onion

S - NPPF Granola, vanilla soy milk
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 09:43 PM   #245  

Gotcha', Glory - thanks! You guys have so many products in the US that we don't ever see....I think I could probably spend hours in a US supermarket looking at all the "new stuff", lol!

I'm having a hungry day today, so have added another snack for the day (still under my cals though). Chalk up an extra half serving of oatmeal with a little apple butter and cinnamon for me.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:35 PM   #246  

Where are you from, Sorcha, if you don't mind me asking?

One of the things I love to do while out-of-country is to visit a grocery store or other market. I find it fascinating and fun to see what other people eat, use, drink, and buy. My DH says I should have been a sociologist! Most of the souvenirs I bring home are exotic jams, teas, cookies, crackers, etc.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:24 AM   #247  

Darkblue, I'm a Canadian who was living in Europe for a few years (UK, mainly)and am now back home again What's surprising is that I actually find so many products here that are more common to Europe than the US, other than the typical "big brand" stuff. Even then, it's odd, as we certainly see Nabisco products here, but I've never seen a Nutter Butter. Friends of mine on the West Coast who are able to travel to the US often are always telling me about new things they find on the shelves! Here in Canada I consider we have very full markets with an amazing amount of choice - it's hard to imagine markets with even more selection!

When I returned home, I did have a big case full of great things. Like you, I tend to do that whenever I travel!!
Old 04-04-2008, 02:45 AM   #248  

A sneak peak at my weight (in the evening, no less!) shows me down another 2.6 lbs this week....I'll take it

Friday

breakfast: homemade meusli with walnuts, apple, oats, nonfat greek yogurt and berries (strawberries and blueberries)

snack: melon balls and marcona almonds

lunch: grilled chicken salad with mustard vinaigrette (carrots, peppers, bean sprouts, mushrooms, spinach, romaine, avocado, leftover roasted butternut squash, and a few sunflower seeds - a real "clean out the fridge before the weekend" lunch)

snack: strawberry kefir

dinner: curried butternut squash soup with roasted turkey panini (whole grain ciabatta, roasted turkey breast, roasted peppers, spinach, onions and a little mozzarella)

dessert: mango gelato (my local Costco is carrying a 12-pack of teeny cups in a mix of raspberry, mango and vanilla bean. They're something like 120 ml only, and don't contain a laundry list of ingredients. Calories for the tub are about 110, but SO worth it - it's not a lot, but very, very rich and satisfying. So much better than low-fat ice cream!!)
Old 04-04-2008, 08:11 PM   #249  

S/C/G: HW235 225/176.5/136

Height: 5'2

OK I have a couple minutes free at work so I'm going to post yesterdays meals.

B-smoothie (nonfat fage yogurt, frozen mango, strawberries, fresh pineapple, 1/4 c OJ and a drizzle of honey)
Soy latte

L-wholewheat pita stuffed w/turkey, tomato, romaine, peppercinis and kalamata olives, and avocado

S-iced tea
tangelo

D-crab stuffed portobello (crab meat, roasted red pepper, 1 oz parmesan, 1 tbsp light mayo, 1 wedge laughing cow garlic & herb cheese)

S-1 square dark chocolate, 10 almonds
AndLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 12:22 AM   #250  

8 today--yogurt, tangerine juice, strawberries, whole-wheat bread, green peas, lots of tomato, tea
Old 04-05-2008, 02:12 AM   #251  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Congrats on the weight loss, Sorcha!

Friday

B - 1/2 cup of Nature's Path organic pumpkin flax granola, Trader Joe's fat free Greek yogurt with honey

S -half a container of strawberries

L - big home-made salad - baby spinach, broccoli slaw, shredded carrot, purple cabbage, beets, grape tomatoes, red onion, orange pepper, 1/5 package of fake crab, low fat roasted garlic vinaigrette

S - no sugar added cocoa

S - tangelo

S - cut up veggies - baby carrots, orange pepper slices, grape tomatoes, sugar snap peas

S- vegan buzz cookie (from a local health food deli counter) - all kinds of good things, raisins, flax, sunflower seeds, etc etc

D - home made pulled pork sandwiches on whole grain bun, panko-breaded oven-baked zucchini
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 01:20 PM   #252  

S/C/G: HW235 225/176.5/136

Height: 5'2

Yay Scorcha, awesome job on the loss!

Glory, I love pulled pork sandwiches! YUMMY!

Here is yesterday's menu:

B-breakfast pizza (a whole wheat pita bread, topped w/2 layers of spinach, a mixture of 1/4 cup egg beaters and about 1/4 - 1/2 cup crab meat-left over from the stuffed portobella-topped w/diced tomato, 2 kalamata olives, 1 tbsp fat free feta)
soy latte

L-a new smoothie! 1/2 cup fatfree fage yogurt, 1 cup frozen mango, 3 strawberries, 3/4 cup fresh pineapple, 1/4 OJ
handful of nuts-walnuts and almonds

S-iced green and black tea (combo that I brewed homemade)
tangelo

D-veggie burger on whole wheat w/romaine, avocado, pickles,
homemade sweet potato fries

S-1 sq dark chocolate

Last edited by AndLy; 04-05-2008 at 01:30 PM.
AndLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:45 PM   #253  

11 today--
steel-cut oats, wheat germ, cinnamon
walnuts
strawberries
yogurt
whole wheat tortilla
beans
sweeet potato and carrot
green beans
tea
turkey/chicken
picante sauce--lots of tomato chunks
---------------------
Sorcha, thanks for answering. I haven't been in Canada for a few years now, but I recall the surprising amount of British and French food items there. I need to visit again!
Old 04-06-2008, 01:24 AM   #254  

Thanks, you guys - it's wonderful to see results, but the real biggie for me right now is how much better I'm feeling! My energy is up, I don't feel exhausted all the time, it's just wonderful. I wish I could share with everyone the difference eating so well can make in your life (but then I'd probably just be annoying to be around! )!!

I hope you're all enjoying a nice weekend!

Saturday

breakfast: squirrelly bagel with natural peanut butter, and a sliced orange

snack: carrot sticks and hummus

lunch: zucchini pesto soup, wholegrain roll with mozzarella, tomato and basil

snack: tea with honey and some blueberries

dinner: garlic ginger shrimp over couscous with a side of sesame broccoli and spicy carrots, spinach salad

dessert: golden kiwi and some strawberries
Old 04-06-2008, 01:54 AM   #255  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

B - oatmeal, CC, blueberries, walnuts

S - soy nuts, carrot juice

L - turkey on whole wheat

S - lara bar

D - scramble egg whites, .5 oz cheese, salsa, 1/2 english muffin, natural pb

S - granola, soy milk

Last edited by ledom; 04-06-2008 at 01:55 AM.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote