SuperFoods Daily Accounting

You're on Page 15 of 32
Go to
  • Wednesday

B - 1/2 cup Nature's Path organic pumpkin flax granola, Trader Joe's fat free Greek yogurt with honey

S - blackberries

L - bowl of vegetable beef barley, small wedge of whole grain bread

S - no sugar added cocoa

S - orange

S - cut up veggies - grape tomatoes, red pepper, sugar snap peas, baby carrots

D - Leftover home made pasta sauce with tomatoes, fake crab (love this stuff, heh), red cooking wine, sun dried tomatoes, onions, garlic over whole wheat pasta. I add some spinach to my plate before I add the pasta/sauce, when I stir it up, it wilts down nicely.

S - J made a coffee smoothie with the no sugar added mocha mix from Coffee Bean and Tea leaf. There was a very small juice glass left over and I drank it - it was great!
  • I have been trying to get the hang of this for the last week.

Yesterday...

B - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup yogurt and cottage cheese mixed, 1/2 cup blueberries

S - 1 serving "Green" smoothie, 1/4 cup roasted edamame

L - Big salad w/ tomato, spinach , lettuces, 3 oz. turkey, broccoli slaw, 1/4 sweet potato

S - Protein Bar (200 cal.)

S - Scrambled egg whites, one yolk, .25 oz. cheese, 1/2 Ezekial english muffin w/ swipe of pb and sf jelly

S - 1/2 cup pumpkin, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 oz. walnuts
  • Hi Everyone!

May I join your group? I've been back and forth over the last 3 weeks first going vegan (again) then doing Atkin's for the last 4 days... and now I am so fed up, then saw your postings and it's making sense now.

When I went vegan a year ago I felt great but was gaining weight tremendously from all the carbs and the soy was making me dizzy. Although I firmly believe in the vegan diet I don't think I can do it until I hit my goal weight. So, having insulin problems I've committed myself the last 4 days to Atkin's induction phase... lost some weight but I was sad, depressed (despite running a whole 2 miles yesterday and being so proud of myself!), dizzy, and nauseous. Then I got to thinking... any diet that tells you fruit, legumes, and certain veggies are bad, can't be good! The high fat and animal products are stressing my kidneys, liver, and intestines. This just CAN'T be good even if it does result in weight loss. I need to be feeding my body nutrients while losing fat at the same time.

So I'd really like to focus on the 'Superfoods' diet. I know that when my body is nourished the weight will come off. And with all the strenuos exercise I've been doing the last 2 weeks (mock-boot camp!) I need to take care of it. So this morning I started off with a nice cup of berries after Platoon (the boot camp) and now when I got into work I had a Trader Joe's Oat Blueberry Muffin I feel SO much better and more alert than horking down 2 eggs cooked in butter (*ick*).

I should pick up the book today. And there are some animal products in it, which is good because I know my body responds well to them in moderation! I'm so looking forward to having some Ezekiel cereal with some fresh blueberries... the way it's supposed to be!

So anyway I look forward to learning so much from you guys!
    This morning at Platoon was leg day and I wanted to scream 'uncle' but in the good way. We ran, did squat thrusts, did normal squats for 50 yards, ran bleachers, ran stairs, and other stuff!
    This morning I weighed 197!!!
  • Glory- The pasta sauce sounds awesome...I will have to try that!! i have veggie crumbles at home...just haven't been sure how to use them. the first time didn't turn out so great and i have been a little stand offish.

Sorcha- I am gonna be all over the pineapple recipe!! Pineapple, Mint, rum...I don't know how you can go wrong with that combo!!

yesterday was insane. I had a payroll audit at work. Which when perfectly!! WHEW!! Then we got hit with surprise DOT and OSHA audits. to get picked for 3 random audits in one day....Now why can't I get that lucky when it comes to the Lottery???

Yesterday-

B-oatmeal, walnuts, flax seed meal, orange, soy milk, tea

L-turkey, whole wheat pita, carrots, hummus, strawberries, yogurt

D- Italian chicken sausage, barilla plus whole wheat rotini with pesto, carrots, broc tomatoes, soy milk

S- Raspberry Kefir

Today so far

B-oatmeal, walnuts, flax seed meal, orange, soy milk, tea

L- Southwest Salad (Romaine, 1/2 cup whole kernel corn, 1/2 cup black beans. 3 oz grilled chicken breast seasoned with Cumin and chili powder, onion, fresh tomato, 1/4 cup avocado, 1 Tablespoon Annies Goddess Dressing and 1/4 salsa) Strawberries French vanilla yogurt

Not 100% sure what supper will be. I think it might be Chicken Stir Fry and brown rice.

Daughter had her play tonight. So I had to rearragne my schedule. I left work a little erly so I could get some gym time in. Only did 30 minutes of cardio rather than 60 and got my regular weights in. This I view as an accomplishment as I used to view the gym as an all or nothing deal...baby steps ya know!!

Got home was ready for chicken and stir fried veggies...no chicken. But I had Salmon. Any time Salmon enters the equation it's a good thing. So Dinner consisted of # 0z Grilled Salmon, stir fried veggies...carrots, brocoli, onion, orange peppers, celery and Edamame stir fried with 1 tsp sesmae oil (Love the flavor!!) a little light soy sauce and a glass of light soy milk.

Snack 100 calorie bag of micro popcorn.

Tonight when I went to daughter's play...I wore a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to get into in over a year!!! WHOOO HOOO!!!
  • Anyone else ready for winter to well and truly be OVER??? I'm so ready for sunshine and flowers!!

breakfast: steel cut oatmeal with blueberries and a drizzle of wildflower honey

snack: cara cara orange and apple salad

lunch: homemade spicy turkey burger on whole grain bun with romaine, tomato, bean sprouts, cucumber, cilantro and black bean puree. Carrots and pepper strips with 60-pepper hummus (can you tell I'm craving spicy food?!)

snack: light babybel with marcona almonds, tea with lemon and honey

dinner: oven-baked salmon patties, green peas, roasted green beans, and spicy sweet potato fries (also baked, and with a ton of cayenne and lime!)

dessert: slice of whole-grain toast with a little natural peanut butter (more of a snack this evening as opposed to dessert!)

Michelle125 - Hi!!...and welcome!! I'm a newbie, too, and am really enjoying this thread a lot!

KateB - it's a killer combo!! A little toasted coconut is nice, too - I could almost think I'm sitting on a beach in the Caribbean when I eat it!

Have a great night, everyone!
  • Hey Michelle, welcome. Hey Kate, I love the veggie crumbles, I brown them just like meat

Thursday

B - 1/2 cup Nature's Path organic pumpkin flax granola, Trader Joe's fat free Greek yogurt with honey

S - blackberries

L - bowl of tomato florentine, small wedge of whole grain bread

S - no sugar added cocoa

S - orange

S - baby carrots

S - vegan cookie - pumpkin, flax seed, raisin, all kinds of good stuff - delish

D - Roasted zucchini and yellow squash with onion and garlic (tiny bit of olive oil), 2 small lamb chops - seared, Trader Joe's rice pilaf
  • You guys should have seen my supper salad ... mostly spinach because that's all the greens I had, grated carrot, red cabbage, tomato chunks, avocado chunks, a can of salmon, cottage cheese ...too big for a dinner plate ... it was fabulous!

I sat across from a gal who nuked and tore open her 3/4 cup saucy white pasta ... Whole foods are waaay better and bigger.

BTW ... I took my greens in a plain ziplock bag. It worked fine. I'm kinda tired of washing assorted plastic containers. I have the biggest lunch bag in the staff fridge.
  • Hello all. I've been too busy to post but not too busy to eat this week.

Today's plan
    B-2 eggs, salsa, avocado
    S-orange,nuts
    L-romaine, yellow pepper, tomato,carrot,evoo&vinegar, cheese
    S-oatmeal,raisin,honey
    D-homemade pizza(ds's bday), strawberries,yogurt,dark chocolate-I'll need a treat to stay out of the cake.
  • Gah, I've been so busy the past couple of days that I haven't updated my posts, heck yesterday I didn't even get a chance to get on here.

OK so yesterday I had
    B-2 pumpkin wholebuckwheat pancakes topped w/1 cinnamon apple and walnuts
    soy latte

L-spicy salmon and steamed asparagus

S-iced tea
    tangelo

D-shredded chicken and carrot soup
    romaine salad

T-dark chocolate 1 sq

Phew! I am pretty shocked that I can even remember all of that, now for today.

Friday
    B-2 pumpkin wholebuckwheat pancakes topped w/3 strawberries sliced and walnuts and 1 tsp syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon
    yogurt smoothie - 1 trader joe fat free greek honey yogurt, 1/4 cup oj, some blueberries and raspberries-about 10 each, some crushed ice...my first time making my own smoothie and it turned out quite good I think.

L-soba noodles w/veggies(carrots, broccoli, green beans, spinach) w/terryaki sauce, honey and dijon

S-tangelo
    iced tea
  • Friday (yippee!!)

breakfast: whole grain toast topped with scrambled egg whites, tomato, chives, and mushrooms, green tea

snack: apple with 1/2 oz parmesan

lunch: cold roast chicken salad (with carrot ribbons, bean sprouts, 1/4 diced avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, corn kernels, almonds, cilantro and sesame ginger dressing)

snack: watermelon chunks

dinner: baked halibut on steamed asian veggies (more bean sprouts, baby bok choy, broccoli, mushrooms, and some orange bell pepper) with ginger broth and a small side of brown rice

dessert: slice of homemade angel food cake and blueberries
  • *sighs* I've been out of town again, but I did manage the following:

whole wheat bread, turkey, tomato, lettuce--lunch sandwich
    fruit salad--lunch
    iced tea--lunch

So, six. We won't discuss the breakfast or dinner. Gah.
  • Was up at 7 am and Platoon kicked my @$$ til 8- it was so great! I feel so refreshed. Now I'm home lounging in my PJ's with breakfast:

Organic oatmeal muffin
    87% Dark chocolate melted on top

I think I should feel guilty after that b/c it tasted so sinful!!!
  • Friday

Breakfast - 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 2 spoonfuls of apple butter

Snack - the tartest bluberries EVER, almost too tart to eat

Lunch - went out for Italian food. I had 2 piece of french bread dipped in marinara, enormous salad with arugula, avocado, hearts of palm, tomato, a little parmesan, lemon olive oil vinaigrette, small serving of gnocchi with a really great marinara (a little bit of cheese), split a flourless chocolate cake w/raspberry sauce for dessert, cup of coffee with cream

Snack - orange

Dinner - home made pizza with whole wheat crust, trader joe's pizza sauce, spinach, sun dried tomato, kalamata olives, red onion, a little feta

Saturday

Breakfast - 2 kashi waffles, 1 with natural peanut butter, 1 with cherry butter

Lunch - turkey sandwich on whole wheat, 1/4 avocado, sliced tomato, honey mustard, onion

Snack - 16 oz smoothie from Jamba Juice - mango mantra (no peaches, subbed raspberries)

Snack - blueberries

Dinner - home made BBQ meatloaf with extra lean ground sirloin, home made mashed potato with a tiny bit of cream and butter, steamed broccoli
  • Sunday

Breakfast - 1/2 cup Nature's path pumpkin flax granola, Trader Joe's fat free Greek yogurt with honey

Lunch - turkey sandwich on whole wheat, 1/4 avocado, sliced tomato, honey mustard, onion, 1 serving of BBQ soy chips

Snack - tall skinny mocha

Snack - gala apple

Dinner - Chipotle chicken bol, no beans - tons of romaine, a little rice, 2 scoops pico, a little extra hot salsa. Normally I get guacamole, but I already had some avocado today!
  • A short list again today--whole-wheat cereal, hot tea, avocado, romaine, tomato salad. *sighs* I'll be back on track tomorrow.

5 total