Soo good

• In an effort to stop eating processed foods i have switched from those little fruit flavored yogurts which have a lot of added sugar to eating plain fat-free yogurt with thawed frozen berries. I thought it would be bland but I must say I think it's a million times better than the pre flavored ones! I know it's dumb to get excited about but i just had to share. I really want to stop eating extra sugar and i think this will be a good start. Does anybody have any other plain yogurt flavoring techniques?
  • Maybe some cinnamon and splenda? mmm or cocoa powder? don't know if that would be good. fruit really is the best. Way to go-- I bet you're saving a little money too.
  • I do the same thing! I actually just tried it for the first time today too! I just started buying more whole food and cutting out processed foods and I really enjoy it so far.
    I think the yogurt is better that way also because the berries add just enough sweetness and you KNOW the ingredients in it ... no hidden stuff. Seriously Dannon, is it that hard?
  • mom2-cinnamon and splenda is probably good too i'll have to try that. It is cheaper and much better! yay!

purdue- that's funny i just started doing this too. i just tried baby carrots and salsa for the first time and that's yummy also.
    I know what you mean about dannon why must they add all that extra crap? People would totally buy just fruit and berries.
  • OK, I posted about this somewhere else, but I just LOVE this stuff! Have you tried Fage Total yogurt? It is strained Greek yogurt that is made up of milk & active yogurt cultures (& cream in the full-fat version). Nothing else! Imagine that...REAL yogurt the way it is supposed to be!!

It's nice & creamy & thick & you can cook with the full-fat & 2% versions without it separating so it's also a great substitute for sour cream.

I use the 2% version most often with berries. Sometimes I add a little honey if the berries are very tart. Also makes a good dip for raw veggies.
  • Dannon makes all natural yogurt I believe..

I have never been a big yogurt person until this year I started eating it because I heard it was good for you when you're dieting. I know its going to sound weird but I have like a strong repulsion of creamy (and usually white) stuff, even if I haven't tried it. I can't get myself to try sourcream, mayo, peanut butter, ranch dressing, its really actually kind of good because most creamy things are bad for you. I have not been able to get myself to try the fage yogurt or just plain yogurt. Dannon light and fit is the only yogurt I have been able to eat without getting grossed out. I figure if it is the only processed thing in my diet how much harm can it do? Hopefully not too much. eek.
  • I love plain yogurt! That's all we had around when I was growing up though, so I never had to adjust to it.

My favorite way to eat it is with just a tad of maple syrup (the real stuff.) I use 1t to 1 cup of yogurt and it adds just enough sweetness to make it seem decadent.

As far as fruit, blueberries and mandarin orange slices are my favorite yogurt adds. Not necessarily together, although I bet that'd be good too.
  • When I was little, the only way I would eat plain yoghurt was with a little squeeze of honey
  • Quote: OK, I posted about this somewhere else, but I just LOVE this stuff! Have you tried Fage Total yogurt? It is strained Greek yogurt that is made up of milk & active yogurt cultures (& cream in the full-fat version). Nothing else! Imagine that...REAL yogurt the way it is supposed to be!!

It's nice & creamy & thick & you can cook with the full-fat & 2% versions without it separating so it's also a great substitute for sour cream.

I use the 2% version most often with berries. Sometimes I add a little honey if the berries are very tart. Also makes a good dip for raw veggies.
    I posted about strained Greek yogurt on a post about your top 5 things to eat. I too use the 2% version mostly with berries and sometimes on its own with a little squirt of honey. If I've got the calories left I serve it all on those little meringue nests that are only about 55 calories. I love this as a dessert a definitely preferable to fruit yogurts.

Kitty
  • haven't heard of FAGE yogurt. Where do you find that? I want to try it. Thanks for all the great add in ideas too girls!
  • Good ideas. I sometimes eat my plain yogurt with some coconut flavoring added to it and some fresh pineapple. A little bit of fiber one for some crunch and YUM! I also add a little splenda, but if you don't eat artificial sweeteners you could leave that out.
  • Quote: When I was little, the only way I would eat plain yoghurt was with a little squeeze of honey

And top with 6 or 7 almonds....yum.
  • Quote: haven't heard of FAGE yogurt. Where do you find that? I want to try it. Thanks for all the great add in ideas too girls!

Trader Joe's has a Greek Yogurt that I believe they get from FAGE and put their label on it.