Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Default a detox plan?

Hey you whole foods folks!! I just noticed this forum and I'm hoping someone can help me find a detox diet to do for a week or so. I did one a few months ago that a friend showed me, in some kind of magazine similar to Real Simple, and it was basically whole grains and a little protein, tons of veggies, and of course the lemon water!!
Anyway, I can't find the plan for this diet, so I'm wondering if any of you know of a website or something that would have a plan similar to what I'm describing. Not a fast, but a detox diet. I'm afraid that if I try to come up with my own plan based on what I know, I'll end up feeling like I don't have enough structure.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!
Sonja
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:23 PM   #2  

Welcome. A good whole foods plan is the Sonoma diet plan. There is a forum dedicated to the Sonoma and Mediterranean diets further up on the boards. The Sonoma book can be found on Amazon for as cheap as a couple of bucks, but a good suggestion before you spend any money would be to read through that forum and if it sounds good maybe check the book out from the library.

If you choose not to follow a plan, if you use something like fitday.com you can track your nutrients so you'll know exactly what you are eating..

Good luck
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I would just cut out as many processed foods as possible and concentrate on eating plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables, lean protein, whole grains, healthy fats and drinking water Worked like a charm for me when I started! Lost my sugar cravings nearly right away and had boundless energy.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:06 PM   #4  
Ob-la-di, ob-la-da

Height: 5'2"

Default The UltraSimple Diet(?)

Actually, it sounds similar to The UltraSimple Diet (includes a 7 day detox plan) - which you might be interested in. Check this out:

Here's a free PDF guide to the plan:
http://www.ultrawellness.com/files/USD-Guide.pdf

Last edited by Cheree; 01-05-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Cheree is offline   Reply With Quote