What is the best way to detox after yesterday...

• I am up .8 after losing 2.2 yesterday. We went to a 4th of July party last night and today I feel miserable. This is what I had...

5 shrimp (they were grilled and spicey...don't know what were on them)
    1 cup fruit salad
    1 hamburger on white sesame bun, with tomato, dijon mustard, pickles
    1 cup some sort of cabbage slaw with cilantro (not sure what was in it, but she is giving me the recip. It was really really good.
    1 not so small sugar cookie
    1 cup Summer Harvest Pasta salad that I made (I am having trouble figuring out the fat/calories on this. The dressing was olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh garlic, fresh lemon juice, sea salt)
    1 slice of tomato with 1 slice of mozzarella cheese and fresh basil leaf

water and diet pepsi to drink....

So needless tos ay I feel icky.
  • Sorry you feel icky. That happens to me too when I eat junk food sometimes.

All I can recommend is what works for me, .. just go back to eating your "normal" way, get some good sweating going with exercise and drink lots of water. The same things you normally should be doing every day. For me, all I can do is ride out the "ickies" and get right back to it.

Also, get a good night's sleep tonight. No late nights needed as sleep deprivation doen't help anything.
  • Well its not going to take much to sweat here. Its suppose to get up to 99 degrees and we don't have air conditioning. Blech.

I started on the water already.
  • Don't feel bad, sweetie, I ate TWO hamburgers, baked beans, potato chips and a piece of cherry cheesecake, LOL.

No biggie, I just get back to plan the next day and don't worry about it. It wasn't the first "big food" day I've had and it probably won't be the last. I don't stress over it

And don't forget your weight fluctuates normally, don't stress out over silly little numbers. It's not worth it. And besides, if you DID gain anything from yesterday, which I seriously doubt unless you ate 3500 calories, it's not going to show up for a few days anyway. You don't pack it on overnight.
  • I've had 4 parties in the past week which included hamburgers, pasta salad, chips and dip, BROWNIES (i had two big ones at one sitting, and two small ones at another), and bread with spinach dip. I can't bear to weigh myself until next week and if I'm lucky maybe I'll be back to my original weight instead of OVER!
  • Thanks guys. I doubt I ate 3500 calories. LOL more like 1800 or less. I do feel better that its later in the day. Been drinking my water too.
  • I agree with LLV. Don't stress too much about scales. I weigh myself every time I get up, in my skivies, and sometimes I have to get on and off the scale five times before it seems like the right weight. One day I'll weigh 218, then when I try the next day it says 224. And I KNOW I didn't gain six pounds overnight. But if I get off and do it again, it'll say 221 or something. So if you have a digital scale, try the on/off thing a few times to see how it changes. In short, scales can suck.
  • You know there is something to the zig zag theory... this was your zig day!

I ate one of the new mint three Musketeer bars and I felt so lousy! It didn't affect my weight but my body didn't appreciate it.

It is sooo hot! You could go outside, do 10 jumping jacks and call it done!