Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 11:05 AM   #1  

Default June Exercise -June is bustin' out all over, not YOU in your shorts!!

Morning ladies and Happy June 1st!! Welcome to the monthly exercise thread. Everyone is invited to join and be accountable for their exercise here. We are a bunch of sweaty and smelly ladies who love a good exercise session so come on along.

So what are YOU doing this month so you don't bust out of those shorts? Post away!!

Today is my no exercise day for the week so nothing to report. I got in my required 350+ minutes this week so I am happy with that. Everyone else. check in.. and those of you among the missing. you know who you are. Don't make me come find you.

Last edited by LindaT; 06-01-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:55 AM   #2  
urs

S/C/G: 168/157/125

Height: 5 ft 6in

Default YAAAYYY! Im the first one in here! And I am ready for the challenge!

LMAO Linda! I knew you would come up with an awesome title for June!

Okay so I have set my goals for June!

1300 minutes and 100 miles

So far, no exercise because I am at work.

Friday: possibly a day off since the gym closes at 8 pm

Saturday: 70 minutes of cardio (40 minutes/2.5 miles on the treadclimber, 30 minutes/ 2.5 miles treadmill)
Sunday: 70 minutes of cardio (same as saturday)
Old 06-01-2007, 03:22 PM   #3  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Afternoon, ladies! Company is gone, and my house is cleared out. Now, I just have to catch up with everyone from May, and see where things are. I also get to change my ticker, because despite having company over, and having a cookout, and several events, I am down a total of 72 pounds now. I've lost Nicole Ritchie, or one of the Olsen twins! Ok, so maybe not quite ALL of them, but close enough.

Since I've had less than formal exercise schedules for the last 2 weeks, today starts my "Jennifer's Boot Camp" where I'm committed to tightening up everything for the next 15 days. Then, birthday weekend / father's day, and a nice celebration dinner, and finish up the month with some momentum, and back into the swing of things.

So, I'm committed to:
Food- under 1800 calories per day, minimal processed crap
Water- 10-12 8oz glasses per day, minimum
Exercise- 30 minutes intense cardio per day, minimum. Strength for core and upper body sprinkled in. After week 1, 45 minutes a day for the next 7 days.

That's the plan. 12 pounds off in May thanks to a lot of keeping busy and functional stuff, like unpacking, digging, planting trees, scrubbing, etc, etc. Time to get the formal exercise back into the rotation. Missed everyone! Happy June!
Old 06-01-2007, 10:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Went to the gym today and did an upper body work out plus 25 minutes on the treadmill. Walked my 1 mile in 22 minutes today at 3.0 mph. That's almost running with my short legs. My goal is to walk 1 mile in 15 minutes. I almost broke a sweat today. My body temperature stays around 97.6.

LindaT read your comment in my journal and it makes more since that way. If you can do 350 minutes of exercise each week surely I can do 300. Is this all cardio?

Last edited by ceejay52; 06-01-2007 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:40 PM   #5  

Ceejay, I had to go back and read what I wrote and I sort of got it bassackwards.. sorry.. I'll restate it My fingers were going faster than my brain

If you Eat 3500 calories and burn 7000, that equals a one pound LOSS. You must burn more than you take in

I wrote it backwards from that.. eat 7000 and burn 3500 That would be a one pound gain!! Duh Linda!!

Most of mine is cardio right now due to my shoulder injury. I cannot do heavy weights but I do use a weighted bar two days a week so I get resistance training as well as cardio at the same time. You do whatever you can. Just like the Desiderata says.. " if you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter." So you just be the BEST Ceejay you can be!!
Old 06-02-2007, 12:41 PM   #6  

June 1=25 minute cardio 10 weight machines using 20-30 pound weights
June 2=20 minute cardio
Old 06-02-2007, 02:55 PM   #7  
"workin' on my fitness"

Well, yesterday and early this morning, we got hit with Tropical Storm Barry out of nowhere! So, the good news is, we got some rain that we desperately needed.

Yesterday- food was 1619 calories. Water was 14 cups. Did 2 miles WATP, 30 minutes. This morning, got up and did 2 more miles, and then 15 more minutes of an aerobics DVD. Considering getting on the bike later on today, to keep things moving. I'll be back later to post the full update. Day 2 of "boot camp" is under way, and everything's in order.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:50 PM   #8  
"workin' on my fitness"

Updating....last night, I did 4 miles on the bike to add to the tally.

Today- calories in at 1725. 30 minutes on the bike, for 8.5 miles of intervals. Water- 12 cups, and will be filling the glass again once dinner is done, so that'll be 16 for the day. Day 3 of boot camp, done. Whew! Feels good!

How was everyone's weekend?
Old 06-04-2007, 10:42 AM   #9  
urs

Default June 4 2007

Okay....so exercise was AWESOME this weekend, but food was HORRIBLE! Why can't I just get it together! hahaha

Friday: 20 minutes 1 mile pushing DS in the stroller
Saturday: 120 minutes 8 miles (40 minutes treadclimber, 60 minutes RUNNING (yes I said running) consistently no stops!! I was really freakin sore! and 10 minutes of walking on the tread mill, and 10 minutes on the bike)
Sunday: 40 minutes at an 8.0 incline walking on treadmill, 24 minutes running on treadmill

Total for the weekend 204 minutes! WOOOHOO!

But calories....very very very very x a million very's....BAD!

Saturday 2500 calories and Sunday about the same maybe even a little higher! Uuuhhhggg! I even had an oreo mcflurry! what was I thinking? man oh man!

Had everything I challenged myself not to eat for this month! chips and chocolate! jeez! so thats what killed me there! So today I am starting my challenge over NO CHIPS,CAKE,COOKIES, CHOCOLATE...etc etc!

Although I did lose one pound! so I am down to 156! WOOO HOOOO!

Alright ladies lets kick some behind this week!

Ursula
Old 06-05-2007, 09:56 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 226/209/125

Height: 5'2

ok urs...you got my butt going! if you can do 100 miles and 1300 minutes, then so can I!!!
so i will be joining you for the june challenge.
you are such an inspiration to me, thanks for being here!
amy
Old 06-05-2007, 10:42 AM   #11  

Gym last night for 57 minutes. I'd planned on 60 but talked to the employee's there. 30 minute walk on the treadmill, 5 minute bike, the rest on weight machines. The doc has limited me to 50 pounds weight.
Total minutes 107. Didn't make any pledges just doing the best I can.

URS--congratulations on that one pound lost.

Jennifer--You are doing well with your boot camp.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:27 PM   #12  
urs

Default Checking in for June 5 2007

Exercise yesterday was:

40 minutes 2.5 miles on the treadclimber
24 minutes 2 miles on the treadmill

Thanks Ga Hundy! I really appreciate you saying that! We can do this together!

Thanks Ceejay for the comment as well!

I am glad to see you girls in here!

Alright miss Linda I know you workout out daily, but where have you been!...I know where you journal! hahaha

Alright ladies! See you tomorrow!

Ursula
Old 06-05-2007, 11:49 PM   #13  
Sweet n' Sassy

Default Well, I did it...

I got back to the gym tonight after about a month. It was great although I only got in 30 mins of cardio and 30 mins of weights. I'd like to up it back up to 45-60 mins of cardio, but I didn't want to push myself too hard my first time back in a month. I'm happy I went though - I felt GREAT afterwards.

The plan is to go for atleast 7 of the next 9 days until my in-laws come to visit for a week and a half. While they are here we will be travelling alot (Atlantic City, NYC, Erie, etc.) so I don't how much I'll get to the gym...but until then I have a week and a half and I'm determined to make it count.

It felt great to get back to it today...I'm already looking fwd to tomorrow!!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:11 AM   #14  
urs

Default Jume 6 2007

Okay, I was bad yesterday....no exercise...But today I am going to the gym!

I am planning on 64 minutes of cardio, 4.5 miles

Glad to see you back in here Lwyr!

See you ladies tomorrow!

Ursula
Old 06-06-2007, 12:17 PM   #15  
Highest Weight ever, 225

S/C/G: 225/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Ok well I just joined these forums and want to post in the whole foods areas because I would like to take our eating style that way. But that is for another post I am here because I know I am bad about exercise now that I have fallen out of the habit so I would like to join your accountability for June "club". How does this work do you usually just keep posting up once in a while how you are doing for the month under this post?

BTW I love the way you set up goals of minutes for the month...dang some of you put in lots and lots of minutes. For this month I think I better ramp up a bit, have been out of the habit too long and don't want to injure myself.

So goals for June shall be.....(drumroll please)

600 minutes of cardio exercise (tapes or walking)
300 minutes of yoga

Hopefully this will spend one month gettting the habit built by not having a huge time commitment (and truthfully right now I do nothing so its something). Then next month I will try to increase it.

Joined 6-5-07
Closed Thread