3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Whole Foods Lifestyle (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/whole-foods-lifestyle-209/)
-   -   what's your favorite cold cereal? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/whole-foods-lifestyle/109073-whats-your-favorite-cold-cereal.html)

RitzyFritz 04-11-2007 11:11 PM

I personally like Shredded Wheat and All Bran. :D I like a few others mentioned here but won't mention them for the sake of redundancy. ;)

3fcuser1058250 04-11-2007 11:23 PM

I don't often post in the whole foods forum but I read a lot and may just try to post more often, time permitting ...

My favourte cold cereal, you're going to laugh, is raw/dry oatmeal soaked in soy milk :shrug: (what can I say I have bizarre taste) with a little Splenda and sometimes raisins and walnut pieces, to me it taste like granola... I also make an eggwhite omelette..... I've been eating a variation of this breakfast for 2 or 3 years now....

azmom 04-12-2007 05:31 PM

Kashi Go Lean Crunch has WAY too much sugar...I eat the regular Kashi Go Lean. It is great by itself with nf milk as well as really yummy mixed in with plain yogurt (slightly sweetened with Stevia and various fruits like peaches, strawberries, raisins, dates, etc!

Jeannette311 04-14-2007 11:16 AM

I love all of the Kashi cereals.

The honey flax is my fave, though. =)

suechef 05-06-2007 03:10 PM

I make my own granola. It's actually pretty easy, and I cut down on the honey & maple syrup, and don't add any oil, and I do add things like oat bran to bulk it up & also for the extra fiber, so it's healthier. It's a bit time-consuming, but I make a huge batch and freeze a bunch of it.
cheers,
Sue

jillybean720 05-06-2007 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azmom (Post 1650546)
Kashi Go Lean Crunch has WAY too much sugar...I eat the regular Kashi Go Lean. It is great by itself with nf milk as well as really yummy mixed in with plain yogurt (slightly sweetened with Stevia and various fruits like peaches, strawberries, raisins, dates, etc!

It really depends on what you're looking for. The sugars in Kashi GoLean Crunch are, yes, higher than in regular GoLean, but adding fruits would likely increase the sugar well beyond that of the Crunch. I think as long as the sugars are coming from natural sources (as opposed to refined sugar or HFCS and such), then the number isn't quite as important :^: But, again, it all depends on the individual's goals.

suechef, could you please share how to make your own granola? Granola rocks my world, but all the recipes I find online are, well, less than optimal for a sound weight loss program ;)

Libby1972 05-06-2007 06:46 PM

In this order:

1. Cheerios
2. Kashi Go Lean Crunch
3. Shredded Wheat - Bite Size Biscuits

suechef 05-06-2007 07:46 PM

Jillybean - I knew someone would ask me this, so I was searching for the recipe & I can't find it. I know it's around here somewhere! But basically, you can take any decent looking granola recipe & tweak it to fit your needs. Even with the tweaking it's not something I eat a lot of, though I'd like to!

My recipe is a standard sort, it came from a friend of the family named Dan, so we call it Danola.

If I find it I'll post it. Sorry for now, Sue

Reddalice 05-13-2007 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueToBlue (Post 1641714)
When I was reading the Anne Rice vampire novels, I ate Count Chocula (I was seriously into vampires).

THANK YOU FOR THAT! I saw that and grinned through and through. I have been in a sad mood so far tonight at work, and that made my morning!

I mix cereals. Fiber One with Puffkins or Kashi or any other high fiber cereal from the organic food store. ^-~

Sheila53 06-05-2007 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ilene (Post 1649417)
My favourte cold cereal, you're going to laugh, is raw/dry oatmeal soaked in soy milk :shrug: (what can I say I have bizarre taste) with a little Splenda and sometimes raisins and walnut pieces, to me it taste like granola... I also make an eggwhite omelette..... I've been eating a variation of this breakfast for 2 or 3 years now....

Oohh, I eat something similar--it's dry oatmeal, oat bran, some crunchy cereal from the local co-op all mixed together with some raisins, pecans and a little Splenda, the I add milk. Some people think it tastes like horse feed. :lol:

3fcuser1058250 06-05-2007 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheila53 (Post 1720237)
Oohh, I eat something similar--it's dry oatmeal, oat bran, some crunchy cereal from the local co-op all mixed together with some raisins, pecans and a little Splenda, the I add milk. Some people think it tastes like horse feed. :lol:

But isn't it the greatest horse feed ever!! That sounds like something I would like :yes:

WaterRat 06-05-2007 02:33 PM

My DH mixes dry oatmeal with whatever cold cereal he is eating (except granola), then adds skim milk and fruit, sometimes nuts. He won't touch cooked oatmeal though :lol: I sometimes cook oatmeal half and half with a 7 grain cereal and he'll eat that.

holly99 06-07-2007 09:28 PM

This will sound wierd but I love left over steel cut oats, still cold with a cut up nectarine, a little soymilk and a drizzle of honey or molasses.