3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Whole Foods Lifestyle (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/whole-foods-lifestyle-209/)
-   -   Daily menus - week of 4/2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/whole-foods-lifestyle/108792-daily-menus-week-4-2-a.html)

jillybean720 04-02-2007 10:35 AM

Daily menus - week of 4/2

I think there used to be a menu thread around here, but it may have died off. I hope no one minds if I start one--I'm really trying to focus on eating healthier rather than just focusing on the scale, and menu threads are very helpful to me (not only for accountability/feedback, but also to see what others are eating to get some good ideas!). I know my foods aren't "perfectly" whole, but I do what I can, and I know it's a vast improvement over how I USED to eat :dizzy:

Anyway, today's plan consists of:
  • instant lower-sugar oatmeal
  • Lean Cuisine - chicken pecan (I used to eat ANY low-cal frozen meals, but I'm now restricting myself to the Spa line of Lean Cuisine because they use brown rice and 100% whole-grain pastas in all of their meals)
  • homemade wannabe Chipotle burrito bol - romaine lettuce, chicken breast, guacamole (fresh homemade), brown rice, salsa, fat-free shredded cheddar cheese
  • an orange
  • salad - romaine, spinach, chicken, egg, cheese, cucumber, honey mustard dressing (individual packet so I can't use too much), probably with some fresh pineapple and watermelon (this is all from the salad bar at the grocery store near my office)
  • whole-grain spaghetti with Francesco Rinaldi "no salt added" pasta sauce
  • possibly a Healthy Choice ice cream bar

nelie 04-02-2007 10:59 AM

Hey good idea!

Here are my foods for today -
Breakfast -
Ultimate meal/protein shake

Lunch -
Bean medley (mix of beans, tomatoes and corn)
Brown rice with diced tomatoes
Roasted Zucchini with leeks

Dinner -
Flank steak
Bean medley
Brown rice with diced tomatoes
Roasted Zucchini with leeks

Snacks (throughout the day)-
Orange
Carrots
Protein/fiber shake

Glory87 04-02-2007 11:31 AM

B - 2 kashi go lean waffles, 1 with natural peanut butter, 1 with cherry butter

S - 1/2 package of strawberries

L - salad bar - dark greens, grilled chicken, fat free balsalmic vinaigrette and whatever looks good (cherry tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, red pepper, chickpeas, onions, dried cranberries, slivered almonds)

S - tall non fat sugar free latte

S - tangelo

S - cut up veggies (baby carrots, sugar snap peas, grape tomatoes, red pepper strips)

D - home made pasta sauce with crab, served over measured portion of whole wheat pasta on a bed of spinach

alinnell 04-02-2007 12:01 PM

B~banana, yogurt & ff milk "shake" 2 slices ww toast (dry) + 1 c fresh squeezed grapefruit juice (I was hungry!!)
S~apple
L~Trader Joe's low fat Southwest salad (170 cals and lots of superfoods!)
S~Kashi roll
D~Cooking Light Cubano Sandwiches (turkey, ham, lf Swiss, ff mayo, pickle ww roll then grilled) with carrots, celery and pea pods to dip in lf veggie dip

WaterRat 04-02-2007 12:59 PM

B: cheerios, 1% milk, .5 oz walnuts, 1/2 eng muff, 1 TBSP whipped cream cheese
L: leftover chicken stirfry (with onions, red pepper, mushrooms), rice
D: leftover roast beef, broccoli, spinach salad
S: hard-boiled egg, cottage cheese with raspberries, cup of mixed fruit (canned w/o syrup)

jillybean720 04-02-2007 01:04 PM

ha, my menu's already changed. I ended up not having time to go to the store at lunch, so no salad bar salad for me, plus I grabbed 2 frosted oatmeal cookies from the break room :o

nelie 04-02-2007 01:15 PM

My lunch changed too.

I was hungry, heated up my lunch, started to eat but then I started to feel full. I ate my veggies but put the rest in the fridge. I had half a protein shake to kind of make up for the non lunch.

sugarlove 04-02-2007 03:30 PM

Breakfast:

Single-egg omelette with spinach, cherry tomatoes and basil. Whole grain toast.

Snack:

Watermelon cubes

Lunch:

Ry-Crisp crackers with Laughing Cow light, turkey breast, avocado and cucumber (got this idea from someone on 3FC, and it's delish!), with some Libertie yogurt with apple and cinnamon.

Snack:

Celery and hummus

Dinner:

Grilled chicken breast with sauteed peppers and onions, over brown rice with spinach salad. Warm blueberry compote for dessert.

Before bed:

Tazo chai with milk

rockinrobin 04-02-2007 03:57 PM

Breakfast - 1/2 cup Fiber One Cereal mixed with 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean cereal and 1/2 cup skim milk
S- a few grapes
Lunch - 3 oz. salmon fillet baked with spices and about 3 cups cauliflower
S - Fat free yogurt
D - bowl of homemade chicken soup. Apricot/garlic chicken breast. Lots of roasted asparagus and brussel sprouts with fresh chopped garlic.

nelie 04-02-2007 04:36 PM

I had an unplanned snack since I was hungry and it'll be a couple hours before dinner.

I got a corn tortilla, put some avocado in it with hummus and sliced cucumbers. It is so good and filling for less than 200 calories.

grammpaula 04-02-2007 04:45 PM

Since I'm posting later in the day mine shouldn't change much.

Breakfast- Cheerios with 1% milk and banana
Snack- small glass of high pulp OJ
Lunch- Grilled chicken breast on a WW bun
Snack- naval orange
Dinner- tilapia, asparagus, new potatoes and corn on the grill and a garden salad
evening sanck- fresh fruit salad

jillybean720 04-02-2007 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelie (Post 1636735)
I got a corn tortilla, put some avocado in it with hummus and sliced cucumbers. It is so good and filling for less than 200 calories.

oooh, that does sound good! I left my orange at work, so I had a yogurt smoothie when I got home (from a bottle, not homemade, but by Stoneybrook Farm, so still good stuff).

Erinyes74 04-02-2007 04:58 PM

Definitely an Indian vibe for me today.

B: Myoplex Lite Dark Chocolate protein shake w/.5 cup raspberries
S: 15 almonds
L: Palak paneer with brown rice and chickpeas
S: 10 oz. peach kefir (usually I split this into 2 different snacks, but today I greedily wanted all 10 ounces at once!)
D: Tandoori Chicken, brown rice, aloo gobi and maybe a nibble of samosa

Steph

superstar 04-02-2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillybean720 (Post 1636110)
[COLOR=indigo][*]Lean Cuisine - chicken pecan (I used to eat ANY low-cal frozen meals, but I'm now restricting myself to the Spa line of Lean Cuisine because they use brown rice and 100% whole-grain pastas in all of their meals)

That is REALLY intresting. I didnt know this! thats good to know, now I dont have to look away everytime I pass the frozen foods section at Target. lol.

anywho - here is what I've consumed today:

Breakfast: 2 Whole Wheat waffles w/ syrup, 1 hard boiled egg (no yolk)
Snack: Sunchips
Lunch: McD's snackwrap (ranch), & a parfait

I was doing okay until lunch. I was soo hungry and had these cravings. I'm glad it was just a snackwrap and a parfait although those are not whole foods. I really need to start preparing foods ahead of time and bringing them with me so that I dont make such a disaster! lol.

jillybean720 04-03-2007 06:39 AM

Superstar--the Lean Cuisines still have sodium and stuff, so they're not perfect, but for me, they're good for a quick and easy mini-meal :)

I ended up having turkey cheeseburgers on wheat buns for dinner last night instead of spaghetti. Here's the plan for today:
  • smoothie (frozen banana, protein powder, skim milk)--I'm all out of oatmeal :(
  • orange
  • Lean Cuisine - rosemary chicken
  • homemade wannabe Chipotle burrito bol (or "Jillpotle" as Jeff calls it :p )
  • spaghetti squash w/tomato sauce
  • Edy's strawberry frozen yogurt blend