Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 02:31 PM   #46  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I was inhaling food when I was home and DH wasn't I had to stop that though. I do get the tendency to snack but I've been doing exercise during that period of time and that works.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:33 PM   #47  

I have to figure out something to do in that time frame to, I do snacking and then it gets out of control if I don't watch it.

Breakfast-
Cheerios
1/2 apple
Milk

Snack-
left over rotisserie chicken with sweet chili sauce

Lunch-
Roasted veggies (carrots/ broch/ peppers/ red potato/ onion)
salmon salad in a ww tortilla with lettuce and toms.
green tea

Snack-
handful of pistachios
Cole slaw

Dinner-
hummus
cucumbers
carrots
ww tiny pita
clamata olives

Dessert
1 orange
yogurt

YEAH no sugar issues today, I craved it and had a headache but I avoided it!! EXCELLENT!

Last edited by phoebegirl; 04-06-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:55 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 135/130/120

Height: 5'3"

4/5:

B- Oatmeal smoothie (made with 1 granny smith apple, 1 cup OJ, 1 cup Oatmeal)
1 cup smart start cereal w/ .5 cup 2% milk
S- 1 cup strawberries

L- 1.5 slices of multigrain bread w/ light smart balance,
1 cup of chopped up pieces of papaya

S- plum

D- brown rice, bourbon chicken, broccoli, carrots

gym: 60 minutes

OK. so my day didnt go as planned! =/ I did go to the gym for 1 hour in the morning on an empty stomach. then I had to rush to do some errands and ate an apple in the process. then had to be at work by the time I got home to eat. so didnt end up eating my real breakfast. got home around 7pm and ate brown rice with shrimp. then went to the mall with my friend and we ended up having mrs. fields cookies. i only had 1 and a half. with a few sips of mocha latte but Im not beating myself up for it. I do need to indulge once in a blue.

Last edited by superstar; 04-06-2007 at 11:53 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:59 AM   #49  

Jumping in here with today's plan:
B-oatmeal w/flax, raisins and walnuts
S-salmon &triscuits, pear
L-huge spinach salad, tilapia, sweet potato
S-berries w/ greek yogurt and honey
D-cauliflower, ww spaghetti and sauce
S-1 squ dark chocolate
ww cracker through day w/cottage cheese if queasy (I'm pg)
Old 04-06-2007, 08:44 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 135/130/120

Height: 5'3"

4/6:

B- 2 slices mutligrain bread w/ 2 tbsp. smart balance
oatmeal smoothie
S-plum
L-Brown rice w/ veggies (possibly some fish)
S- strawberries
D-shrimp, brown rice, veggies
Old 04-06-2007, 09:47 AM   #51  

Menu for 4/6

Breakfast-
Yogurt
orange

Snack-
small bowl homemade chili

Lunch (had a little slip up here as I was not prepared away from home)

Sandwich on ww bread
popcorn
and 1 handful of choco pretzels (bad bad bad!!)

Snack
Orange

Last edited by phoebegirl; 04-06-2007 at 07:08 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:54 AM   #52  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I don't have much of a plan for today--I only grabbed a Lean Cuisine on my way out the door this morning, so I only have 1 meal for work (usually have 2). I had some cookies this morning since my breakfast yogurt smoothie was not enough (small store-bought one instead of my usual protein-packed homemade one), and I got hungry Lunch will be out, so I'm thinking grocery store salad bar if I have time (running over to the mall with a coworker onlunch break, so we'll see what I bring back...). If I'm home for dinner tonight, I'll have some Jillpotle. If Jeff an dI end up going out, we'll probably go to Panera, which is safe enough for me (they have their nutritional info online, and I have my usuals already in as Custom Foods in my Fitday).

BOO for poor planning!

Oh, but on a lighter note, I ended up working till 5 yesterday, so I wasn't home alone in the afternoon to snack unnecessarily
Old 04-06-2007, 01:30 PM   #53  
Working My Way Back Down

Hmmm, someone brought in a whole bag of Reese's peanut butter eggs, and I literally felt ill from eating several yesterday afternoon. So I did do well going out to dinner - order the chef's salad with oil/vinegar on the side, and used only the vinegar. Had a cup of tea with DH when I got home from my meeting (he had ice cream with his - don't ask! )

Friday:
B - cheerios w/1% milk, 1 oz walnuts, ww toast w/lf cream cheese, current jelly (this is homemade with less sugar)

S - hard boiled egg, applesauce

L - chicken quesadilla or grilled chicken salad (I have lunch out with 2 GFs every Friday, and for each of the 3 places in town we go, I know the menu of each and what I'll have, and the calories)

S - ? need some fruit, maybe I'll run by the grocery while I'm at lunch

D - homemade black bean chili, brown rice, salad (romaine, red pepper, mushrooms)
Old 04-06-2007, 03:01 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Breakfast- Cheerios with bananas and 1 % milk

Lunch- 2 tortilla pizzas with turkey pepperoni and reduced cheese

Snack- pear

Dinner- My grandson just called and ask if we could go to Chili's tonight. Looks like I'll be looking over the menu for healthy choices.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:32 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 61/61/53

Default 7/6

B - Organic, no suger added cereal. Lactose free milk. 3 pieces of bread (nothing on)

L - Potatoes, home made meatballs. Cottage cheese.

D - Pea soup

S - Roasted beans. I found this in my food store and tried it and it is very tasty. A piece of dark chocolate.

Multi-vitamin
Extra calcium

No fresh fruit at all today
Old 04-06-2007, 09:07 PM   #56  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

Jill...I just had an experience where I overate for a couple days in a row. After dinner, on Sunday I at 4 slices of bread with peanut butter, and on Monday I ate 5. I rationalized it, and it felt kind of good. However, I knew if I didn't do something to stop it, it could continue, and the consequences would be a lot harder to reverse with time.

On Tuesday, I posted on the maintainers forum that I was not going to continue the overeating, and I promised them so. Tuesday was definitely the hardest day...I had some intense cravings to eat the bread and PB...even though I had just finished dinner and wasn't hungry. It was eating for the sake of eating.

My point is that it's really hard to break an eating pattern, and it almost takes one (or a few) successful days in a row to decrease that urge to just eat to eat. I didn't even think about the bread and PB much tonight. I've had much longer overeating cycles in the past, so I recognized this one, and luckily with the help of 3FC, I was able to stop it.

I think I'm going to struggle a little bit this weekend, though. I have to remind myself that although it was somewhat enjoyable while I was overeating, it also came with a feeling of a loss of control that was not really great. It also let to a 2-3 pound weight gain. I wish you the best. The first day of getting back on track is the hardest. Sometimes eating just to eat can become a habit and your body physiologically expects it (craving). If you can struggle through 1 day, the next will probably be easier. You can do it!
Old 04-07-2007, 06:43 AM   #57  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Without a doubt, when breaking a habit the first few days are HARD. You just must get through it anyway that you can. Once you get those first few days under your belt, it really gets much, much easier and of course eventually the right eating becomes your new "habit".

The scary part is, that once you lose the bad habit, it's all too easy to restart the habit, you overeat one day and then it becomes 2 and so on and so on. So that's why it's really best not to start at all. Haha. As if it were that easy. Oh, me thinks we will all always have struggles. *sigh*
Old 04-07-2007, 08:22 AM   #58  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks ladies--it's not anything I don't already know. I've done it before...it's just me falling back into old habits. And, having done it before, I know I can break the habit again. It just takes some time.

Yesterday, I sort of let myself go, food-wise. Although, I did some good things as well. I ended up chomping on some cookies, which was probably my worst offense. For lunch, we went to California Tortilla (nore variety than Chipotle), and I got their "lowest fat" burrito (8g fat). Not only that, but you can order a "small" or "regular" burrito, and I got the small (which really was plenty big enough--which is good to know, because I always imagined it would be this little mini thing, but it's actually a perfect size). They have the calories online, and it was less than 500, so not horrible since even my homemade burrito bol can get up to about 400 or so.

Anyway, I go the "combo" with my burrito out of habit (comes with soda, tortilla chips, and cheesy queso). When I got back to the office, I kept the soda (diet) and gave away the chips and queso. It was hard--I had actually opened the queso container and sort of stared at it for a minute, then put the lid back on and went and put it on a (male) coworker's desk.

Dinner was at Ruby Tuesday, where I got a grilled chicken sandwich (mind you, WITH bacon and cheese), but a baked potato with salsa instead of fries (and I know the skin is healthy, but it was salted, so I didn't eat that either). The potato was delivered with butter and sour cream on it (which I had not asked for), but I scraped it off as best I could. It was actually really good with the salsa--something I'd never tried before, but will definitely have again

I'm sorry--I know this isn't my personal journal and this is getting kind of long, but I was glad that even with having not planned and knowing I would be higher in calories from eating out, I didn't go crazy, you know?

Anyway, today will be something along the lines of:
egg, reduced-fat cheese, and ham sandwich on whole-grain bread
an orange

that's about as far as I can plan right now, since I have no idea what we're doing today. I will, however, be doing some cooking to make and store foods for next week (since I can't do it tomorrow because of Easter--we'll be at Jeff's cousins' house in MD).
Old 04-08-2007, 12:40 PM   #59  
Trucker Gal!

S/C/G: 302/292.8/185

Height: 5'11

I had this wonderful revelation a few weeks ago, all of a sudden (literally overnight) I didn't like junk food anymore. Or restaraunt food. I'm not sure what brought it on but I sure hope it sticks around! So I guess I'll start posting here again!

Today: (I'm off in the truck till tomorrow night)

1: pink grapefruit.steel cut oats.milk.honey.tea

2. organic plain yogurt.strawberries. rye crisp.laughing cow light.tomatos

3. romaine.spinach.peppers.carrots.celery.shrimp (is this a SF?)

4. wild salmon.brown/wild rice

eta: I will probably add in a couple apples, I brought the wrong kind to the till last night and didn't want to wait in line again. (Have to eat organic apples, the pesticide makes me really sick no matter how much washing.)

Last edited by LadyNorth; 04-08-2007 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:29 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 61/61/53

Default todays food

If my food looks a little odd it's because I do not feel well. It's been a slow day with me feeling sorry for myself, reading, working on some home-work and long telephone calls with friends and the boyfriend.

B - Pea soup, lactose free milk, an egg. (I woke up reeeeaally late)

L - 4 pieces of whole bread, 4 slices of cheese

D - Sallad. Lettuce, scrimp, mushroom, egg, tomatoes, cucumber

S - 1 multivitamin, 2 calcium tablets
Closed Thread