Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/130/120

Height: 5'3"

Default NEW to Whole Foods Lifestyle

Hello ladies! I'm new to the Whole Foods WOE. I'm not doing this only to get back in shape but also for my health. I've been up and down with my weight. at the age of 11, I was 152lbs. and a size 12. I finally decided to start dieting around the age of 12 and got down to 140 and then at 15, I got a gym membership and at 17, I was the smallest I've ever been at 117 lbs and a size 3/4 in pants. then I gained some weight after my gym membership expired, etc. etc. now I have a new membership and I'm trying to get fit and healthy again.

All your help would be appreciated.
Below is what I consumed yesterday, I'm really trying to avoid processed foods/white breads/sugars, etc. let me know how I'm doing!

03/29:

B - 1 cup smart start cereal, 2% milk, 1 plum
L - Chicken ceasar salad from wendy's (minus croutons)
S- 1 small bag popcorn, 1 nectarine
D- Mashed plantains (boiled), w/ colby cheese
S- small red delicious apple

Exercise: 30 minutes on treadmill (alternated walking 5 mins, running 2 mins), 20 minutes stairmaster, 10 minutes elliptical
superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 147 / 128 / 115

Height: 5'2"

You seem to be doing fine. whats ur caloric intake?
makemeoverrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Looks good Maybe a little more vegetables and protein? Your only real protein source is chicken at lunch.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'd go for more veggies--they'll fill you up without adding too many calories.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:35 PM   #5  

My first thought as well. veggies, especially those green ones. Although you need a rainbow of veggie colors every day! :-) Some more protein is in order as well. If you don't want from animal flesh, what about some from legume sources, with some brown rice etc. Don't forget the good fats too.. olive oil for example.

Have you put this into Fitday or another program to get your nutritional breakdown?
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 135/130/120

Height: 5'3"

Thank you all for responding! I will be trying to include more veggies but which ones? I'm kind of picky and the only ones I like are Broccoli, Cauliflower, corn, etc. havent ventured in to the veggie world much, lol. I also like chayote, tomato.

& I dont count calories because I dont want to become obsessive but I try to stay between 1200-1500 depending on the exercise I get in on that day.

Can you BELIEVE a ceasar salad from wendy's is 510 calories? imagine if I would've added the croutons!

Last edited by superstar; 03-31-2007 at 08:07 AM.
superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:21 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Corn is very high in sugar, which for me just doesn't work. I eat cauliflower at least 5 times a week. It's one of my favorites at only 28 calories a cup and 4 grams of fiber and tons of vitamin C. I find it very satisfying and filling. Broccoli is another good one. So is spinach, asparagus, spaghetti squash, brussel sprouts, red peppers, sweet potatoes and on and on and on. You should try and experiment and see which ones you like.

Yeah, I'd believe that salad was 510 calories. Restaurants have a way about them, they make things with lots of unneeded calories. You might want to track your calories for just a few days and get a good idea of exactly how many you are eating. This way you will be able to adjust them if need be depending on whether you are losing weight or not. Fitday.com is a free online service that can help you do so.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar View Post
Thank you all for responding! I will be trying to include more veggies but which ones? I'm kind of picky and the only ones I like are Broccoli, Cauliflower, corn, etc. havent ventured in to the veggie world much, lol. I also like chayote, tomato.

& I dont count calories because I dont want to become obsessive but I try to stay between 1200-1500 depending on the exercise I get in on that day.

Can you BELIEVE a ceasar salad from wendy's is 510 calories? imagine if I would've added the croutons!
If you wander around the WF forum, you'll get a lot of ideas for veggies and how to cook them so they are appealing to everyone. I used to HATE (notice the capitalization?) Brussels sprouts until I was told to roast them in the oven. Wow are they good!! My DD said after I roasted them with a few other veggies that if I were to always roast our veggies, she would eat more of them. If a kid says this, you know it has to be true!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:24 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/176/150

Height: 5'4"

Try all your veggies oven roasted with a little olive oil. The taste is completely different than when you steam or boil them. Add garlic and still another taste.
grammpaula is offline   Reply With Quote