Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:39 PM   #1  

Default Glory? Quick question for you!

A while back, SOMEWHERE, you posted a link to a site that had a complete whole foods list - you could click on the food name to view information about that food, it's benefits, etc. I had saved it to my favorites, but due to some...ahem, help...from my preschooler, my favorites are now kaput. I can't for the life of me remember the site name, and haven't had any luck yet searching for it here. Would you mind posting it again? I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you!
sugarlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Here you go, I love this one!

http://209.196.51.230/ME2/dirmod.asp...d=Foods&tier=1
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:03 PM   #3  

Wow, that was fast!! Thanks so much - I can't believe how much great information is on that site.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:13 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Wow! This is just GREAT!!! Thanks to both of you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

That's a great site. Here's another:

World's Healthiest Foods
www.whfoods.com
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 263/260/160

Height: 5ft.5in.

Hi Glory How Long Did It Take You To Lose Your Weight And Was It Hard At First To Get Use To Eating Whole Food. And This Question Is For Anyone Else Who Would Like To Reply.
nojellybelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:50 AM   #7  

Glory wrote an amazing (and wonderfully long - loved all the detail! ) topic on her weight loss journey - you can find it here:http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84601

For myself, I'm not at the end of my journey yet, but I've lost 38 lbs so far eating a predominantly WF diet (combined with calorie counting to help with portion size). I've been losing 6-8 lbs a month, eating foods that I love. Whole foods weren't really a transition for me - I've always loved fruits and veggies, so it was more about learning about nutrition, the healthfulness of certain foods, and getting an idea of what I should be eating, how often, and in what amounts. Now that I've eliminated most processed foods from my diet, I don't miss them a bit - and I've never felt better.

I hope that you're able to find a way to incorporate WF into your lifestyle - Glory's post has some really great advice and ideas (and if her snack posts don't get you drooling, I don't know what will! ). Good luck!
Old 03-27-2007, 12:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nojellybelly View Post
Hi Glory How Long Did It Take You To Lose Your Weight And Was It Hard At First To Get Use To Eating Whole Food. And This Question Is For Anyone Else Who Would Like To Reply.
Thanks Sugarlove I was out of town for work/fun the past week and didn't see this question.

Hey Nojellybelly, the link that Sugarlove posted does have the whole story, but I don't mind giving you the quick answers.

How Long Did It Take You To Lose Your Weight

I started in July 2004, weighing about 200 lbs (I had quit weighing myself and am unsure of my high weight, definitely over 195 lbs). My weight loss looked like this:

July 2004 - 200 lbs
September 2004 - 165 lbs
December 2004 - 150 lbs
March 2005 - 140 lbs
Long plateau
June 2005 - 138 lbs
September 2005 - 135 lbs
February 2006 - 127 lbs

It took me about 7 months to lose the first 50ish lbs, it took another 9 months to lose the last 15 lbs. My weight loss definitely slowed down as I approached my goal weight.

Was It Hard At First To Get Use To Eating Whole Food

No, not at all. I was actually very excited/inspired to eat foods to improve my long term health. It is more work - more shopping, more packing, but it isn't hard. I actually ended up loving the taste of whole foods - whole wheat toast, natural peanut butter, raspberries, baked sweet potatoes...I don't think I ever gave it a chance when I lived on nachos, muffins and full fat venti lattes
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:25 PM   #9  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks for the great links, ladies!
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote