Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 08:26 PM   #31  

Height: 5'5"

Good evening gals!

Jenn--I hope you are feeling better today. I had sent you an email on Monday, but I guess since you are home sick, you did not get it. sorry. rest and when you are feeling better, get back on the train! my friend! Hey, when you are better, I am up for the challenge. Gotta think of one that won't kill all of us though....

Today was a good day for me. I walked on the treadmill for about 20 minutes and then dug out some old jazzercise tapes (VHS) and did those for about 30 minutes. wow, talk about bringing back memories. I always really like jazzercise. Don't know if anyone here has ever done it. My sil owned a franchise up unitl last year. She is the one who got me started with it back in 1996! wow, almost ten years ago. I jazzercised all the way through my thrid pregnancy. Then, a couple of months later, my sil started teaching. I tried to keep going, but with a new baby and two toddlers and a dh that worked all the time, it was really hard. So I stopped. I always really like the music. All updated, real versions of top hits. Anyway, it was fun. I still remembered some of the routines....hmmmmmm.

So that was my exercise for the day. Eating was pretty good. Still have a few points left for a treat tonite. I bought some sugar free, fat free no calorie chocolate syrup I think I am going to try over some light vanilla ice cream. It was in the mid 70's today (warmer than predicted) and I threw open all the windows in the house. The ground has finally unfroze, and we placed Patches under a nice tree next to the patio. She was a house cat, so there really wasn't any "favorite tree", but this area gets alot of sun, and she was, like most cats, a sun worshiper! Weird, but there is this patch of snow that is still present in the front yard, despite the warm temps. The kids were actually playing in shorts and cooling off in the snow. Well, that is the midwest for you!

Mel, Linda, Turtle (because I know you are lurking, and I am glad), Greeneggsandham, Renee #2--hope all is well.

Zen--WTG with the walking and glad you are feeling more fit. Hope everyone has a wonderful nite.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:27 PM   #32  

hey Jenn, be careful to not overdo it with a fever! But wtg, with the exercise!
Old 03-14-2007, 09:54 AM   #33  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

FOR SOME REASON I KEEP THINKING I POST AND THEN FIND I HAVEN'T! I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO KEEP TO THE 30 MIN OF PEDALS BUT AM FINDING THAT I NEED TO BREAK THEM UP A BIT. MAYBE I WILL TRY THIS WEEKEND TO START A 15+15 WORKOUT. MY LEGS ARE GETTING TO WEAK AND NOW RUBBERY AFTER THE 15 MARK. SIGH
OTHER THAN THAT ALL IS WELL. I AM GETTING A VERY LATE START SO I BETTER GET MY BUNS IN GEAR
HAPPY HUMP DAY!!! LINDAT!!!!!

JENN~ I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER WITH EACH PASSING DAY. YOUR PROGRESS IS AMAZING. BUT BE CAREFUL WITH A FEVER!!! SENDING MUCH LOVE AND HUB\GS

RENEE~ YOU ARE AMAZING TOO WITH THE KIDS AND HUBBY AND HOME. I THINK YOU DO A GREAT JOB!! KUDOS TO YOU GIRL!! IT WAS WARMISH HERE TOO AND THE WINDOW IN THE BEDROOM WAS OPEN AND THE HEAT WAS ON IN THE LIVINGROOM I GET TOO COLD JUST YET. WE'RE SUPPOSED TO HAVE A CRAPPY ST PATTY'S DAY!!
Old 03-14-2007, 05:10 PM   #34  

good late afternoon all!

Mel, thanks :hugs: that was a BIG ego booster for me! Sometimes it is a thankless job, I think! 15 +15 is still = to 30, whether you do it all at once or break it up. Just make sure to get the ole heart pumping each time!

Jenn, hope all is well. Sorry, didn't get back to the computer until later and then I realized you were probably already home....hope if you feel worn out from the day at work, you take it a bit easy, if not, well then...workout like a crazy woman! LOL

Linda, I know that aweful place that gives you a paycheck is making you work like a dog today! LOL

Everyone else, hope all is going well on this hump day!

I squeeked in 20 min on the treadmill this morning, before all the errands I had to run. I was finally pleased to find the fiber one bars in the store that everyone on the journal side have been raving about, and let me tell ya, no disappointment there! Man are they good. Then I did some research on them on the internet, and of course, I found out they contained "bad" stuff like HFCS, and hydrogenated oils. Sigh. Well, an occasional treat they will be. I also picked up some new Cherry Dark Chocolate TLC Kashi bars...also very good. None of the "bad" stuff. More protein in the kashi bars, more fiber in the fiber one bars.

Well, I guess I best get dinner going here. I put some potatoes in the oven earlier for baked potatoes, and couldn't wrap them in foil because I found I was out (and I just went to the store today! LOL) and I just checked on them and as I had the door open, one EXPLODED! lol I guess I didn't poke it enough! OH well, thank goodness I have a self cleaning oven!

have a good evening ladies! Remember, eat less, move more!
Old 03-14-2007, 05:48 PM   #35  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

OMG!!!
That is crazy that your potato exploded
I told my lovely boyfriend that could happen and he didn't believe me!!
I have proof positive now.
I hope everyone is all right. Snow here AGAIN.
WHEN will it stop. I'm beginning to feel as though once again Environment Canada has it in for me, and my new bike.
Anyways must be off.
Everyone have a great night!
Tam
Old 03-15-2007, 08:56 AM   #36  

good thurday morning!

Yes, Tam, snow here today too! blech! And after 75 degree weather on Tuesday...well, it's Northeastern Ohio, and I guess it is to be expected....the weather guy on one of the local tv stations once explained spring as the struggle between winter and summer...and I thought that was pretty accurate, sometimes one wins over the other, sometimes they compromise (hence "spring like days") What can you do? Oh ya, MOVE SOUTH! LOL

Yes, it is true. Those potatoes explode without adequate outlets for the build up of steam as they cook. I poked them, but I guess not good enough. I am running the cleaning cycle o the oven right now...and burnt potato is PU! LOL If it would have been wrapped in foil, atleast it would have contained the mess.

As I mentioned, the weather here took a turn for the worse last night. I woke up to a bit more than a dusting of snow and slush...and just when the last bit of snow from the last snowfall vanished yesterday....can't see the grass anymore...kind of a big downer... There was actually a tornado in the county west of me last night--not a huge one, but it did do some structural damage. Lots of flood warnings out today too, because of all the rain and the snow melt, and a winter storm warning to the south. Busy weather day, I guess.

Going to walk on the treadmill and attempt Bob again today. I will try to post back and let you know how that goes. Eating yesterday was good, except I do think I overdid it a bit on the fiber...if you know what I mean. Natures little brooms (to quote LInda) did a little spring cleaning, I think! LOL I added all the grams up and I came out a bit over 30, which is about 5-10 grams more than I usually get. I had a few points left again in the evening, so I had 2 one point chocolate cakes from ww--and guess what they contain?...more fiber! LOL

I am planning on making corned beef and cabbage and red potatoes and carrots for St. Patty's day on Saturday...and decided that since it is dh's bday on Sunday, I would just invite the parents over and celebrate then. I ordered a cake yesterday. I think I will try my hand at some Irish Soda bread tomorrow for Saturday too. I have a Barefoot contessa cookbook that has the recipe, and it looks good. I love Ina and her recipes! She uses lots of veggies, Linda! LOL I got dh a GPS system (Magellan) the other day for about $250, I thought that was a great price. So that is what he is getting. I hope he likes it, because he is a bear to find the right gift for....

To everyone, have a wonderful day! Tam, I hope you get to use the new bike soon!
Old 03-15-2007, 11:40 AM   #37  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Morning, ladies! I've been sitting here trying to get an entry written for the last 2 hours, but I tell you, the phone doesn't stop. I'm little miss popular today, with the issues and problems. There are not enough hours left in my life to get this stuff resolved.

Ok...I know I never got here yesterday, so I need to recap. Tuesday I did the Power Mile, and then the Walk & Kick. Last night, I got on the bike and did 10 miles in 33:30 (33 mins, 30 seconds). Mom called while I was 8.5 in, which slowed me down slightly, to hold the phone. She was complaining about work, so all I had to do was utter a few "that sucks" and "unfair" and "uh huhs" but when she wanted ME to talk, that was harder. She let me go finish, and then I called her back when I was done, because the "obscene phone call" panting wasn't her cup of tea. LOL.

Dinner was a planned "deviant" meal- with PMS and being sick, I really wanted comfort type food, and hubby was working late. He brought home pizza. I calculated the heck out of it, and was able to have 2 slices, and still be within range for everything for the day. It's a little more fat than I usually eat, but I think that worked, because this morning, the scale moved AGAIN, and I had to get on & off a total of 4 times, because I didn't believe it. I don't recommend getting sick as a diet plan, but dang, it works wonders!

Mom2- you're my bestest cheerleader, ever. I swear, you've been behind me, through thick and "thinner." And that's a lot of thick to be behind! I say break up the pedaling if you need to- it all adds up. It's going to be 85 here today, so come on down if there's more threats of snow. This is getting nutso, you know!

Renee- ok, I think I've gotten most of the grodies out- I've got little congestion left, and what's there is being managed with tissues and sudafed. Ready to get this moving? Pick your poison, friend. LOL. Minutes of exercise challenge? treadmill / bike mileage? Oooh, sounds like Jazzercize might be back into your rotation. Oh, and I hate to say, I laughed out loud here about the exploding potato. Like from mission impossible- I kept thinking "This potato will self destruct in 3......2.....1....."

Tam- I certainly don't envy you with more snow coming your way. Yikes. I'd be stir crazy, needing to get outside. Hopefully it won't be as bad, this late in the season.

Linda- hope you're having a wonderful Thursday. Weekend is almost here. And tomorrow is your rest day!
Old 03-15-2007, 02:00 PM   #38  

Talking Four Week Challenge

Attention all who need to get motivated to move more!

Jenn and I are starting an exercise challenge to all of us that feel like our motivation to move has left us...

What? 200 minutes per week of cardio movement of any kind (Linda, you already made the challange without even trying! LOL)

When? Beginning Monday, March 19, 2007

For how long? 4 weeks.

Who can Join? Any one and everyone!

Jsut visit daily and report your running totals on the board.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:41 PM   #39  
Happy September

RENEE & JENN~ GOOD LUCK WITH THE CHALLENGE!! WTG BOTH OF YOU!!!

RENEE~ YES THE SNOW AND COLD TEMPS ARE ON THE WAY. I AM SADDENED!! WE HAD THE CORNED BEEF LAST NIGHT AND TONITE. I MADE A MISTAKE AND THOUGHT THE SPECIALDAY WAS YESTERDAY!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! POTATOES AND ALL

JENN~ HOPE YOU ARE GETTING ENOUGH REST AND GETTING BETTERERERER. LOL GREAT WORK DD2!!!
WE ARE ALL SO PROIUD OF YOU!!

TAM~ SORRY MOTHER NATURE IS GIVING US ALL A BAD TIME OF IT. HOPE YOU WILL BE OUT WITH THE NEW BIKE IN NO TIME!!!

I WORKED TODAY AND WILL TOMORROW. NO EXERCISE TILL SATURDAY. MY BACK JUST CANNOT HANDLE BOTH. WISH THERE WAS A WAY OF PEDALING WITHOUT USING MY BUNS!!! LOVE TO YOU ALL. IN CASE I MISS TOMORROW, HAVE A GREAT DAY AND WEEKEND!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 07:58 PM   #40  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Picturing how the heck Mel actually pedals WITH her buns....like, one cheek per side??? (((( luv ya, mother dearest! ))))

Reporting in with 13 miles on the bike in 45 minutes. And PMS. So there. Pbbblt.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:19 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 226/209/125

Height: 5'2

hi, i thought i would join your group and accept your challenge. for those of you who know me from the journals, thinbelina has been found and is ready for action, so look out!! for those who don't know me, thinbelina is what i named my motivation, she's my pet. and like my dog she likes to run and jump and play! unfortunately she gets lost very easily and sometimes she's hard to find. but every now and then something will happen and she willjust jump up in lap from out of nowhere.
when she saw the challenge she got very excited and can't wait til monday! i hope to get to know everyone here better. i love the journals but this seems a little more cozy.
thanks again for the invite, i know it was for everyone, but i am thankful anyway! amy
Old 03-16-2007, 03:52 PM   #42  

WELCOME AMY! thanks for joining us and the challenge! Thinbellina will be happy and won't hide on you again! I wish I could say there was a big $ prize at the end of the challenge--hey, that would be motivation, huh? But the prize will be how great you feel after accomplishing 4 weeks of good habits and possibly a nice drop on the scale to go with it!

Ok, for me today, I decided to kick off the challenge unofficially with a 40 min, sweat inducing walk on the treadmill. I figured in order to make 200 min a week, for myself, 40min x 5 days will do it. If I don't make the 5 days, I can split the last 40 min, between the weekend, and just do 20min on Sat and Sun. Monday is really become the hard day to get any real exeercise in, because it is cleaning, kids laundry, basketball practice, dance for dd, day. If the stupid weather would improve, and stay nice here, I could actually go outside and walk while ds is inside practicing...but right now, the weather totally sucks...

Mel, I am with Jenn, can't imagine how you pedal with your buns! LOL But any kind of pedalling is good peddaling! LOL the oven is clean, no more Mr. potato guts all over! Hope you enjoyed your cb, mine is going to be enjoyed tomorrow.

Jenn, as always, great job exercising...Your ticker, it seems just keeps falling...there is no stopping it! Go Jenn! Still laughing when I think about 200 hours! LOL Can't even imagine!

Linda, hope work lets you visit soon. Turtle, GEAH ,Renee #2 and everyone else out there....eat less, move more! have a great weekend. I am going to try to get here over the weekend, but not sure if I will!
Old 03-16-2007, 04:13 PM   #43  

Lunch just ended so here I yam!

Hi Jenn, Mel, Renee, Zen and Amy.. only can scroll back one page so sorry if I missed anyone!

Renee, Are you only doing this as a cardio challenge or does weight training and other forms of exercise count too? I get this amount of cardio already but I will try and rampy up the intensity without ramping up the chow!!!

The lady I was covering for is back in the office and I have one last test script to do this afternoon so I hope things will be more normal next week.

If any of you are Coldwater creek fans, the outlet stores are having an additional 30% off this until the 20th. Now that is ONLY the outlet store, not regular ones so if you have an outlet near you, might be good deals. I do have one so I may be hitting it tomorrow. That is if I can pry my lazy butt out of the house!

sorry no time right now for personals, but I do read an make sure you are all not getting into trouble. I need to go do my last test so happt weekend everyone
Old 03-16-2007, 04:34 PM   #44  

Talking Feel free to customize the challenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
Lunch just ended so here I yam!
As long as you don't explode in the oven, a YAM is a fine thing to be! LOL

Linda, feel free to customize the challege however you need to...

You know, I accidently told Jenn to make it 200 hours a week, and then realized it was an error, she asked if I was trying to kill her! LOL We both figured YOU could probably pull it off though! LOL
Old 03-17-2007, 12:34 PM   #45  
Happy September

WHAT???LINDA TURNED INTO A YAM??? ALL YELLOWY-ORANGY??WITH A TOUGH SKIN??? I'LL SEND OVER SOME OIL OF OLAY RIGHT AWAY...GOOD FOR SKINS OF ANY KIND.
SORRY LINDA...JUST BEING SILLY AFTER A VERY LONG WEEK. HOPE YOU GET SOME TIME NOW TO RELAX A BIT AND SMELL THE NEW SPRING FLOWERS. OR MAYBE THAT'S NOT A GOOD THING WITH OUR SINUSES!

JEN~ GOOS WORK!! 13 MILES!! I THINK I PUT THAT MANY ON TOO...DOES SITTING COUNT????

RENEE~ GREAT JOB ALSO. MONDAYS ARE ALWAYS THE WORST FOR ME ALSO. YOUR PLAN SOUNDS GREAT!!

PEDALS & BUNS: WHEN I PEDAL, THE THIGH MUSCLES MOVE THE MUSCLES OF MY BUNS AND FURTHER UP ...THEN WHEN THEY INFLAME, THEY SWELL AND PINCH BOTH SCIATICA NERVES. GUESS I SHOULD HAVE EXPLAINED THAT BETTER. THERE IS NO WAY TO PEDAL ANYTHING WITHOUT REACHING THAT AREA.
GUESS MY BIGGEST PROBLEM NOW IS THAT MY CONDITION IS SO BAD AS THE YEARS GO AND I AM ALREADY INFLAMED FROM HEAD TO TOE...BUT I AM DETERMINED TO KEEP AS LIMBER AS POSSIBLE TILL I CAN NO LONGER DO IT ANYMORE. KEEPING MY FREEDOM FROM A NURSING HOME DEPENDS ON MY FINDING A HAPPY MEDIUM AND HOLDING ON TO IT FOR AS LONG AS I CAN. THE SUN IS OUT AND EVERYTHING IS ALL SNOW AND ICE COVERED. BEAUTIFUL TO LOOK AT BUT IT KEEPS ME FROM ROAMING THE NEIGHBORHOOD! LUCKY NEIGHBORS!
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND STAY WELL AND SAFE!!!

HAPPY ST PATTY'S DAY!!!
An Old Irish Blessing
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
Closed Thread