Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 12:08 AM   #16  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

latest update!

3/1: 25 min elliptical
3/2: 22 min elliptical
3/3: 25 min elliptical
3/4: 22 min elliptical
3/5: 20 min walking, stairs
3/6: 20 min elliptical (1st time in the AM!)

Jennifer, I'm a huge DM fan! Thanks to you, Mel and Linda for the welcome!
Old 03-06-2007, 11:30 AM   #17  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

Height: 5'7"

Good Tuesday! I think I'm a bit in love with this website! I can thank Oprah for this. I've been kind of checking things out and was so happy to find you. I've never been on a diet as such, like WW ot SB or any of those but a few years ago I simply added a few vegetables to a few meals and went from there. My diet before that was a CRAZY nightmare looking back; it included nothing but spaghetti, chips, cheese, bread, minute rice, and anything I could make in five minutes or less. Not very healthy.
Anyways those days are behind me. I was just wanting to say hi and get some motivation and tips and stuff.
Right now I just play soccer and go to the gym, due to the crappy crappy winter we've had. I hired a personal trainer so I actually know what I'm doing in the weight room, and now it's just a matter of having the wherwithall to keep going!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:27 AM   #18  

Height: 5'5"

Well, I am gone for a few days and wow! So much to return to! First off, Renee #2 and greeneggsandham, so nice to see you and welcome! LOVE new faces and new ideas, and yes, still LOVE my chickies mel, Linda and Jenn! ok, where to start?!

Jenn, WTG on the four miles! and you thought you would never be able to do it! I agree with Mel, girl, you ARE the exercsie queen! Linda, I am sure, won't mind sharing the throne with you! Someday, I may just have to join you two! I listen to old and new RHCP, I really like the new stadium arcardium stuff though! Man, I just can't say how impressed I am with your exercise! Good job!

Mel, you can get back on track, I know you can. Looking forward to hearing about all your pedalling adventures soon!

Linda, now it all makes sense to me...why Bob kicked my butt once again...well, I know you have been struggling with this for a bit. I am not sure I will be able to progress past dvd #4 myself. #5 is sitting and waiting for me. I was less sore last week after Bob, so I was taking that as a good sign. But honestly, it is alot of money to spend per dvd, if you can't use them. But I am sure, Bob will be happy to see you if you drop in once in awhile on the dvd's 1-5. LOL

I haven't been here or on the journals for the past few days, too dang busy. I have done ok with eating and with exercise. Although, I could have done better, something is better than nothing at all. This morning was 20 min on the tm. I am going to try to get more in tonite. Tomorrow will be Bob. Unless I seriously buckle down with my diet, I am not going to see a loss this week. I haven't gone all out bad, but there are things I have eaten that I shouldn't have. I had the most wonderful drink at Starbucks this week. A nonfat Green Tea latte. I have no idea what the nutritional count for it is, I may have to check out the website sometime today. I hope I won't be disapppointed, because I would love to add it to the list of things that I LOVE, and can eat freely and guiltlessly. LOL

Hugs, love and strength to you all! Only 3 more days till DST! LOL (Jenn, that was for you! )
Old 03-07-2007, 10:29 AM   #19  

Oh, I forgot to mention, Renee #2, it is cool that our stats are so similar.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:51 PM   #20  

Welcome Green Eggs.. I loved that book as a kid. Still do as a matter of fact. I too was a big spaghetti, rice eater. I got fat because since I was eating "just pasta with marinara sauce, no oil or fat" it was okay no matter HOW much I ate. Sheesh I think back and I easily could have been eating 5-6 ounces at a time, which 3 servings!!

Renee.. sorry about leaving you with Bob, but I'll be dating Billy very soon. He is winging his way to my house as I type. I got a DVD set from Collage called TaeBo Amped so I'll be seeing him during the week, probably 2-3 times a week. I also got another DVD called Dance the inches off or something like that. looked fun and I needed some fun after brutal Bobby. Of course Kathy beat the **** out of me on Sunday and Monday so my chest right now is pretty sore. I cannot tell you how tired I am of hirting all the time in my upper body You would THINK I would lose weight/ get tighter.. SOMETHING!! Sheesh. And yes I still am giong to try and get man pushups. It's my quest!!!

Jen, Renee #2, Miss mel and the lurking Turtlebutt!! hi

oH btw

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL
Old 03-07-2007, 05:38 PM   #21  

Talking happy birthday mel!!!!!

What, I missed wishing Miss mel a happy birthday! ? Oh my gosh! Well, ok then...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL!

You are probably not here because YOU are the mega millions winner in southern NJ!

Last edited by healthyeater; 03-07-2007 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:22 AM   #22  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Happy belated birthday, my dear Mom2!!!

I'm so sorry I missed your big day!
Old 03-08-2007, 09:35 AM   #23  
"workin' on my fitness"

Morning, chickies. Busy week here, and I never even got a chance to post yesterday. I need a day off to catch up with everything else!

Ok...where to start? The last 2 days....Last night I did a 3 mile WATP with stretchie for 45 minutes, and then did 6 miles on the bike in 21:30, so I'm working up to an hour of cardio a few times a week. I can't guarantee that it will be every day, but I think by April, I'll be improved enough to commit to that for the weekends, and at least 1 day during the week. The night before I did the 3 mile Super Fat Burning DVD, and there's a move that I can really feel. Legs out wide, as if you were doing kickbacks, and instead, she does knee lifts from that stance, and includes upper body chest flies with 2 pound weights. There's a spot behind the right thigh, near the butt area, that burns when I do those. It better be burning, melting fat that causes that heat-searing feeling! :lo3: So, I'm progressing. Food is right in range, water is up over 10 glasses a day...everything is clicking. Don't jinx me!

And I got to move the ticker again. I'm getting very close to that -50...and my new $4.19 tank tops came yesterday, so I broke one in with last night's workout.

Renee2- great job getting all that elliptical work in. I think that would seriously kick my butt at this point.

Greeneggs- welcome! We're glad to have you here with us.

Renee #1- oh please...my ego is going to swell to the size of my butt! LOL. I bow before Linda, who sets the pace and inspires us all to be more active. And I'm sooo not looking forward to next Monday. I just hope I don't oversleep, because I've got too long a drive to try and make up time rushing. Now that you have Bob's undivided attention...let's hear some complaining.

Linda- ditto with the pasta. Of course it was diet food- it had no fat. Pfffft. A "serving" of pasta was whatever size plate you had, not 1 cup of cooked pasta. Amazes me to think about the sheer volume we were eating as teens and young adults. A real eye opener. Hope things settle into place at work...I was just making sure you hadn't disowned us for our mischeif, or anything like that. And I think you'll have fun with Billy... (this is for Mel, mostly) ...when he gets sweaty, there are certain, um, areas, that get drenched, and draw the eye there. Don't gaze directly into the groin...it can be hypnotic! (ok, bad jen!)

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday...weekend is almost here!
Old 03-08-2007, 02:53 PM   #24  

hey there ladies!

Ok, MEL, if you are that winner in NJ, I hope you have spent some cash visiting someplace warm right now! LOL

And now, I am going to have to go out and buy a billy dvd, just to check out the sweaty goin area! Oh we are bad, aren't we? Bob doesn't sweat. Hmmmmmmm.....LOL

Just the usual treadmill action for me today. Haven't had much motivation lately to PUSH it with Bob. I need to get movtivated again. Food, has not been the greatest--PMS is making me EAT! Willpower is not so great. Not bad stuff, but definately more than I need to. OK, some of it is bad. Dh brought some chocolate into the house this past weekend. You just DO NOT put chocolate in the reach of a woman who is PMSing and expect it to not get eaten. Against the laws of nature. I had some last night. Today, I bagged the lot up and put it out in the garage...too much work for me to get to there. It was just looking at me everytime I opened the pantry door.

I am not really into the whole diet/exercise thing this week, but I am going to just go through the motions until I get out of the funk. That is what people who are serious about loosing weight do. Linda, said so. Not kicking *** on the tm, but still doing it. Still watching what I eat, for the most part. I wish I could just bottle up last week. That was a good week, and it ended with a nice loss. Hopefully no gain this week. Not looking for a loss.

Jenn, WTG on reaching that 50 pounds gone mark. And I don't care what you say...you are still MY hero, girl. You rock! Send some of your strong motivation up North, would ya?

The weather is supposed to improve by the weekend, 40's and 50's woo hoo. I know that doesn't sound so great seeing that some of you (not mentioning any names) have turned on the AC already--but it will be an improvement over the teens we have been having for the past couple of days and I may actually see grass again....maybe that will be the motivation I need. Winter is soooooo long in OHIO! Blech!
Old 03-12-2007, 10:11 AM   #25  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SEEMS LIKEWHEN MY COMPUTER CRASHED I DID AS WELL. TODAY WILL BE BETTER THOUGH. NOT THAT FOOD WAS BAD BUT EXERCISING WENT OUT THE WINDOW.
30 MINS PEDALS TODAY THOUGH.

WELCOME GREEN!! GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE AND THAT YOU FOUND US!! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR GOALS!!

THANKS FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES!!! I TURNED 60! EVERYTIME I SAY IT, IT SHOCKS ME!!!
RENEE1 I WISH I HAD WON THE LOTTERY!! WE WOULD GET A REAL BOB AND BILLY THEN!!!

I AM WAVING TO ALL THE REST OF YOU. I GOT A VERY LATE START AND NEED TO GET A MOVE ON OR I'LL LOSE CONTROL OF THE ENTIRE DAY!!! FOR ALL OF YOU!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 12:28 PM   #26  

Hey girls!

Sorry I was mia on Friday. Saddly, I had to put my 19 year old cat to sleep. Her name was Patches, and it was a very hard day for me. I miss the old girl, but I know what I did was for the best.

I think that knowing last week, that I would have to do that or that she was going to go naturally, was what was hindering my motivation on the weightloss and exercise front. I know that I am definately an emotional eater, (so many of us are). Eating last week was very bad. I wasn't going to weigh on Saturday, but did anyway. Seems the one pound I lost last week has found it's way back to me! This week will be better. I am thinking of going outside (yes, outside) for a walk after lunch today. Still some snow on the ground, but most of the sidewalks are clear. Temps today supposed to hit 50, and 65 tomorrow. By Friday, it's supposed to be back into the 30's, so I definately need to get out and get some fresh air. That is the plan for today.

Mel, sorry to hear the computer crashed. Oh my. That would be disasterous for me. Dh is good at that kind of stuff though, so I am lucky there. Sorry you weren't absent because you won that lottery. But if you ever do, I will hold you to the real bob and billy deal! LOL

Jenn, where are you girl? I need to hear about your successes, because my motivation last week wavered too much!

Take care all the rest of you, and I hope that our new friends join us again!
Old 03-12-2007, 12:39 PM   #27  

Morning everyone and Happy Moanday! Yep this is a real Monday today, isn't it? Who here is awake without massive doses of caffeine?

I got some good exercise on Sunday.. an hour and 15 minutes of step aerobics and this morning I got over an hour of upper body weights and floor aerobics. I tell ya, getting up at what essentially is 3:30 to exercise really was NOT fun this morning. Kittycat even looked at me like I was nuts!

I was going to do weights on Saturday but I got sidetracked when i got possessed by Suzie homemaker and cleaned!! No I am not "counting " all the chores as exercise because if they really did count, I wouldn't be overweight! I got all my cooking done and had some good kittycat time. She was not feelign neglected at all. well she might have, but that's only because she'd rather have me never sleep and just pet/play with her 24 hours a day!!

Anyway, hope everyone else checks in. Mel, Renee #1 and #2 and Jenn and the greenegg eater and even the lurking Turtlebutt .. I'm waiting
Old 03-12-2007, 12:56 PM   #28  

Talking Still Walking

I have to say that in such a short time, I do feel more fit.
This weekend I did an addition 2.5 miles of walk away the pounds.
I followed yesterday's 1.5 mile with the crunch,The Joy of Yoga dvd.
I am still inching my way to 2 miles. I will definitely be doing walk away the pounds tonight.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:05 PM   #29  
"workin' on my fitness"

howdy, ladies. Ugh. I'm writing from home this morning. I had to call in to work. Whine coming: I'm sick! Whiiiiiine! Feeling crappy. After 3 weeks of avoiding it when hubby had it, and when the folks at the office were passing around, it hit me on Saturday. I was unpacking boxes, and dealing with books and bookcases, and hoped it was just dust and stirring up stuff, but no such luck. One nostril is stuffed, the other runs, and then they switch sides on me. Breathing hasn't been the easiest, and after a crappy night's sleep last night, I just couldn't do it. Even the Nyquil didn't get me through the night. So...I'm up, but I'm not happy about it. I really want to do SOMETHING today, since I had a break from exercise Friday as my rest day, and then did 3 miles WATP Saturday, then the head thing happened, and Sunday I didn't do anything more than walking through 3 home depots and a sports authority.

Oh- did you know that the nice padded gel bike seats that they make for "regular" bikes and for spinning class bikes aren't available for the wider exercise bike seats? And that when you ask the dumpy male Sports Authority worker about it, they scoff at you, like fat people aren't supposed to need padding and comfort while they lose weight. Grrr.

Mom2, happy happy happy 60th year. You'd never take you for 60. Never. You've got all the spunk and spark and energy of a 40 year old, and oodles to spare! Glad your computer is up, and you're back with us.

Renee- I'm so sorry about Patches. That's never an easy decision to make, and no one can fault you for being off kilter with the emotional eating. Recognizing it is half the battle. So...how do we make this week count? Exercise challenge, you & me? Let's get back in the game...your choice!

Linda, I award you the purple heart for being up at that ungodly hour to exercise. I was lucky I could call in to the office at what amounted to 5:30 this morning. NOT a good day by any stretch of the imagination. Pet that little fuzzbutt for me...not spoiled at all, is she?

Ok, back to the tissues and sudafed for me here. And I gotta make sure I am getting the fluids in, because I can already feel myself getting puffy.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:21 PM   #30  
"workin' on my fitness"

ok, it's bad when I am talking to myself. Poop.

Stayed home again today, since the fever still hadn't broken. Now I know what hot flashes are going to be like. Anyhow, I'm sucking down water like there's a shortage, and yesterday I did a lower intensity 3 mile WATP DVD. Today I did the Power Mile, and the Walk and Kick DVD, which is Leslie's version of an intro to kickboxing. The backward kicks will take some effort and getting used to.

Tomorrow it is back to work, and back to business as usual, whether I like it or not. Hope everyone is just having a busy day. Until tomorrow!
Closed Thread