Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 05:55 PM   #121  
barb

Height: 5'7

Hi guys, hope everyone is doing well today. I kept the older one home today just in case... He was fine and they are fighting on and offso they are readyto ogo back tom. The younger one I am keeping home though. I did finish my wrapping for the in laws and cousins. Once the kids go back to school I can finish their presents also. They are really pushing me back here on x mas things. Oh well at least they are better,it could have been worse.

Having a hard time recording. How do you all make sure you do it?. I always forget and sit down at night and by than I have eaten way to much.... I need to lose a pd or something next week. Or at least stay the same. I still need to bake and I am NOT looking forward to that......I am off to do homework withthe kids... So have a great night. .
Old 12-15-2006, 05:43 AM   #122  

DJM, sorry the kid's illness has set you back so much, but it sounds like they'll be heading back to school and you'll have a break soon!
The tracking, for me, is something I am best at when I am at my most determined to lose weight, and nowadays I am determined. So, I'm doing well with it.
I leave my WW materials right at my place at the kitchen table, until suppertime as that is the time of day when I like to clear off that table and make our evening meal more presentable. If I miss something in the evening, I record it the next morning before starting my next day's efforts.
I went back to journaling this week as I am kind of running both CORE and Flex at the same time, in a way. With these new programs, I am trying really hard to record what I have eaten and track them both in terms of points as well as CORE.
No one is perfect, but journaling does help when you are out of control, for sure. If you have BLT's when you are doing holiday baking (bites, licks and tastes) then you should figure out a point value for it, based on what you've had. You should count them. I am a cookie dough person, I love eating it (yes, I do use eggs in it and have always eaten dough and never once has trouble) and if I bake chocolate chip cookies, for example, I end up have the equivalent of probably two cookies in my dough "nibbles", so I have to be honest with myself and record it.
One thing I found in journaling, if no one really see's it but me, is that I really MUST be honest with myself and not leave out little BLTs that I have had along the way. How many times, on my way out the door in a hurry, did I reach in the cabinet and grab a few Triscuits and go off on my way.... they add up as I think it's 7 of the low fat ones for 2 points.
So, I guess the key to success is complete honesty with yourself.
One way I remember to record something eating on the run is to leave the wrapper or box out on the counter until I get a chance to write it down. So, if I do grab for a few triscuits on my way out, the box stays on the counter and then when I get home I see it there and remember to write it down before putting it away.
Good luck!!!!
Linda
Old 12-15-2006, 10:26 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 199.5/186/135

Great Post Linda!!!!! A reminder to get those trackers out in sight and not in the bottom of my tote. I've been tracking online but it's not as effective for me as writing it on my physical tracker. I'm going back to the writing one.

Thanks again for the good post
Old 12-15-2006, 07:27 PM   #124  
burned out bus driver

I am tired.........I am burned out..........I need a nap.........will be back later to say hi!
I agree completely with Rose and that most of the new system is a rework of the old. But I also agree with Paige (congrats!) on why there is a need for a new system. The old one seemed fine.
Sorry to be so brief.....I am pooped.
Ginny
Old 12-16-2006, 05:17 AM   #125  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Height: 5'4"

Hope you got some sleep, Ginny. I can't say that I have. It has been a real stressful day and I couldn't put my mind to rest enough to sleep. Now it is about and hour and 1/2 before the alarm is to go off, so why go to sleep now. After the kids bowl this morning, I will come home and take a nice nap. By then it will be 1:30 or 2 and I am sure I will have no trouble sleeping at that point.

I am still up in the air about the new program. It is looking like you would loss a point for every 10 pounds you loss. Not sure I like that idea. But I will give it a try and see what happens.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:27 AM   #126  

Hi all...just a quick stop by before I start another busy day. Dh and I are dropping the girls off at mil's around 10am, and then meeting up with another couple and heading down to the NJ Devils game. I'm excited, but it will be interesting to see how well I am able to stay op. We're doing stadium food for lunch...uh yeah, that will be interesting. What the heck can I get that will be op?! Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised?! After the game we are going to eat out...I'm not sure where yet. I said I was along for the ride, my only request that it wasn't Mexican (can't tolerate spicy.) I feel ok about tonight eating out, it will be lunchtime that I'm so-so about. I actually really feel determined to not overeat today, which is really good, because I definately would have the option to do some damage if I wanted to.

I also think I'm going to change my goal. This sounds kinda funny, but I just am not feeling motivated by my xmas goal. I'm so close to it, too, that you would think I would. What is really motivating me right now is that I really would like to be down to 190 by the start of the spring semester. I REALLY want to go back after having my schoolmates not see me for a month and half and have them notice a change in me. They all know that I've been working to lose weight, so I would like to see if they notice it. Lately, most of the time when I go to "be bad" I just think "January 24th, January 24th" and then I put the cookie down and go back to what I was doing. I don't know...that just seems to be doing it more for me than my xmas goal. Maybe switching it up will help me to still make my xmas goal.

Anyway...dh has breakfast on the table, and I still have to pack for dds. Gotta run! Hope you all have a fabulous Saturday!!!!

Paige

Last edited by mpaigew; 12-16-2006 at 07:43 AM.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:48 AM   #127  
barb

Height: 5'7

Linda, Thanks for the great Ideas that all should help. That is a big problem Nibbbling for me...... I bet that is the reason why I do not lose as much as I should.. I need to focus a little more and record.. I will keep the packages out though... I guess everyday is a new day and hopefully one day it will click..

We all got out last night. We walked around at the zoo for the festival of lights..... It was so beautiful and so very nice to get out and get some fresh air.We opted out of a nice dinner out. My dh wanted to do this with the kids so I was fine with it. We have spent so much money over this month that is just a way of saving some until a few weeks. I told him he owes me a dinner out.

Today my challenge is going to my Aunts x mas party. I thought we were free and clear until next week on parties. She called 2 days ago and invited us. She is having subs and meatballs and side dishes. I need to sit down and decide how and what I can eat and plan ahead of time.I will carry my water around and hopefully 0that will deter the eating.

I hope you all have a successful day.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:19 PM   #128  

Hi everyone, I think the launch of a new program is probably a marketing ploy as they can say that they have an "all new" plan to entice people in the door after Jan. 1st, when so many make those resolutions to finally take that weight off.
I ended up having an unplanned big meal last night and blew 18 flex points.... shame on me, but I was kind of in a position. My daughter had friends over and they kept staying and it was dinner time. My husband and I didn't want to kick them out as they are good kids, so we offered to buy pizza for everyone. I had two sliced of Pizza Hut stuffed crust cheese pizza. You know what? It wasn't even good, it was dry and tasted like cardboard.
The nice CORE foods that I planned on for dinner sat there in the refrigerator. Thank goodness I hardly ever use flex points during the week and had them to use, at least. I have to be careful, though, for the next three days as I think I have only 6 more flex points and that is all.
Now, an interesting slant for me is that I am journaling in tandem the flex and core plans and, so far, with CORE I can have more to eat and use less flex point than if I were eating the same foods and using the flex plan.
I'm planning on doing this for the entire week to see what happens. I wonder if I'll have a loss this week?
Linda
Old 12-17-2006, 06:57 AM   #129  

Hi all...dh and I had a really good time yesterday at the Devils game (even though they lost!) I did really well with eating; I feel that I made very good choices. I knew that I wouldn't be able to find anything at the game to eat, so I grabbed a sandwich before we went and opted for just a soft pretzel and a coffee at the game. Afterwards we went to Olive Garden. That right there spells trouble! But I really did well. I looked on the menu for the items that were marked low fat. I got a chicken dish and the minestrone soup. I looked it up this morning, and the chicken dish was 11.5 pts and the soup was 2.5. Not bad! However, I totally did not feel satisfied. It's like a tug of war. Part of me feels proud that I did the right thing, and part of me feels totally deprived because that wasn't what I wanted to eat! So what did I do? I came home and had a few of the cookies that didn't make it on my cookie order trays. *sigh* I guess when I look at it, I had the option of totally blowing my day, and I really didn't. Yes, I was over points, but not drastically. I don't know...I don't know how to balance being "good" and being "bad."

Soooo today is a new day. I'm printing off a points tracker right now and am determined to fill out a whole week. I have such a hard time with tracking...I do the first few days, and then get sidetracked and never go back to it.

Anyway...gotta go get ready for church. Hope you all have a great day!
Paige
Old 12-17-2006, 07:31 PM   #130  

Hey there!
My plans keep getting ruined and I keep eating things that are not part of the plan. The same thing has happened this evening, yet again. I guess that is the holiday season for you?
I have to do better, I did want a loss this week, but I don't think that is going to be probable.
Paige, sounds like fun and that you did ok.
Linda, feeling the holiday blues a bit and wishing for snow
Old 12-17-2006, 08:35 PM   #131  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Just another drive by visit.......

Linda- this time of year is so tough.......I think with all the unknowns it is tough. Try to control as much of the day as you can.....you know a low point, sensible breakfast....get the water in, and a wee work out. Go for dammage control for the rest of the day. That way you can't be hurt too badly by all the holiday foods.

Paige- hey, even a loss is good if you were able to get to a hockey game! Sounds as though you balanced things just fine- a few points over won't hurt once in a while. You did not blow the whole day and that is a good thing!

DJM- hope you came up with a good game plan for yourself........and that you had a nice time at your aunts.

Chris- I see it your way too with losing a point for every 10#. Did you stay for the whole meeting (or read the whole program?).

Still pooped.....am completely striking out for one gift for my Dd and my husband is getting hormonal (he always does). My eating today has been wierd, but I am within points. (about time!). And got a walk in- I had to as I was ready to kill someone.
Gotta go- hang in there ladies!
Ginny
Old 12-17-2006, 11:47 PM   #132  
A matter of time

I stayed for the whole program and read the 2 books that were given. My meeting is tomorrow and I am going to ask the leader if that is indeed the case....we would be lossing a point every 10 pounds. Being disabled I am going to be in a world of hurt if that is the case.

On the bright side. Tonight was the second of four Christmas parties at the bowling center. (We bowl on 4 leagues and each one of them is having a party...although one is Thursday after Christmas). I am soooo proud of myself. I ate NOTHING. Each person had to bring a dish to pass. I was asked once again to bring my pigs in a blanket plus DH had to bring something so I also took baked beans. I was so afraid that if I went thru the buffet line that I would eat like a pig. So I have vowed to eat nothing at all 4 parties. OH you should have seen the people trying to get me to eat. Many a person said how on earth can you diet thru the holidays. Why don't you start over in January. I said why start over.....I haven't quit and I don't plan on quitting. I knew if I got any where near that buffet line I would go nuts and I refuse to loss a single pound again. One of my team mates said he was sorry for eating in front of me. I said no problem it is my choice not to eat.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:31 PM   #133  
burned out bus driver

You go Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so proud of you . Please accept these online Bravos! Just make sure that you do not feel deprived......but believe me I understand. I am going to a party on 12/23 and my damage control will be to eat only what I bring, for the most part. You can do this. Love your willpower.....actually it is won't power- you won't let the holidays get you!

Got my WW tape in this am........my eating has been good. I am struggling with holiday overload and my inlaws......and that I have to spend my birthday with MIL. Sucks. Just plain sucks. But I will explain that another day.

Gotta go-
Ginny
Old 12-18-2006, 08:50 PM   #134  
A matter of time

Thanks, I didn't feel like I was missing anything. I had one person on my team say sorry to be eating in front of you. I replied it is my choice not to eat....and that shouldn't make you feel you shouldn't...it isn't bothering me.

It was all good. Lost 3.4 pounds today.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:22 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 193/189/158

Height: 5'10

Default New Here

Hello,
I'm just wondering if I can jump in here. I have been searching all over this site for a couple of weeks now, looking for a good place to "land". You all seem so supportive and honest about your daily struggles with trying to lose weight, and in particular on the WW plan. I have my weigh-in tonight after a week of being very much in control (it was soooooooooooooo hard!!). Right now, I'm just having a hard time with really not letting down my guard after I have a "good week". I just want to be able to keep the momentum going, ya know what I mean? Anyone else have a hard time with this?
Erica
Closed Thread